Merkabah | Page 490 | INFJ Forum
What does Jung have to say about such a tree?
(when/if you have time)
:mclap:
I don't understand why I get no notifications some times. Apologies for that.
This was freaky to stumble across. I am reading Jung's Man and his Symbols. I'm in the chapter about self. It goes into length about this type of scene and the unconscious/shadow of self. The spectrum of polar opposites in each archetype. Fasinating stuff. My point is one of the pics in the book looks quite similar to your picture. ;)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0440351839/?tag=infjs-20

Regarding Jung ...
View attachment 64355
The picture that clicked, :))
View attachment 64356
The above^ is the text above the picture. (One reason I can't stand pocket books, they're great for travel, but won't lay open like a big book, lol. Hoping you can still read the text )
View attachment 64357
^^the preceeding text references the Self and dreams as an avenue of understanding the current direction in which the stream of life is moving.
View attachment 64360
The pages above ^ , are under the subtitle "The Relation to Self".

Jung posits that in modern day , especially those that dwell in large cities, tend to aquire a sense of suffering a terrible emptiness and boredom, as if they are waiting for something that never arrives. So they distract themselves with self-divergents, ie: tv, movies, sports, politics, etc. "But, again, exhausted and disenchanted, they have to return to the (perceived) wasteland of their own lives."
As you see, that's where the photo continues with the read.:)

It goes on to speak of Mandala and the Circle of The Great Man, (sacred geometry). He goes on to explain that Landscapes in dreams, and art, are symbolic of an inexpressible mood.
Keeping in mind that talking of mental things, right often means the side of consciousness, while left signifies the sphere of unadapted, unconscious reactions.
This ^^^ is the personification of the unconscious--the Shadow, the anima/animus and the Self, --has both a light and dark aspect, positive/negative.
(see my notes in BfE blog regarding Archetypes or I can hook up link for you)

This book had triggered an internal adventure for me. I've been working in the book Change Your Story, Change Your Life. This book uses Shamantic tools and Jung's work with Archetypes. Thus, what lead me to Jung's book, Man and His Symbols. I've since found a non-comprehensive list of over 300 archetypes! Whew.
The idea was to meet each of these within myself...many of which were sent into exile years ago, or have existed in latency and have yet to be discovered and integrated. The adventure comes with sorting out the positive and negitive Shadow in each of the Archetypes...the fun is in knowing that the Self is in charge doing this work.

Believe me, it's not for the faint of heart. :p

Wrapping up, I did want to point out where I'm pointing at the page number in the book; here's a red bracket around a very important point for anyone However, I'm pointing at the page number. The page number is 228. In numerology 2+2+8=12, 1+2=3 just sayin ;)

I don't understand why I get no notifications some times. Apologies for that.

Regarding Jung ...
View attachment 64355
The picture that clicked, :))
View attachment 64356
The above^ is the text above the picture. (One reason I can't stand pocket books, they're great for travel, but won't lay open like a big book, lol. Hoping you can still read the text )
View attachment 64357
^^the preceeding text references the Self and dreams as an avenue of understanding the current direction in which the stream of life is moving.
View attachment 64360
The pages above ^ , are under the subtitle "The Relation to Self".

Jung posits that in modern day , especially those that dwell in large cities, tend to aquire a sense of suffering a terrible emptiness and boredom, as if they are waiting for something that never arrives. So they distract themselves with self-divergents, ie: tv, movies, sports, politics, etc. "But, again, exhausted and disenchanted, they have to return to the (perceived) wasteland of their own lives."
As you see, that's where the photo continues with the read.:)

It goes on to speak of Mandala and the Circle of The Great Man, (sacred geometry). He goes on to explain that Landscapes in dreams, and art, are symbolic of an inexpressible mood.
Keeping in mind that talking of mental things, right often means the side of consciousness, while left signifies the sphere of unadapted, unconscious reactions.
This ^^^ is the personification of the unconscious--the Shadow, the anima/animus and the Self, --has both a light and dark aspect, positive/negative.
(see my notes in BfE blog regarding Archetypes or I can hook up link for you)

This book had triggered an internal adventure for me. I've been working in the book Change Your Story, Change Your Life. This book uses Shamantic tools and Jung's work with Archetypes. Thus, what lead me to Jung's book, Man and His Symbols. I've since found a non-comprehensive list of over 300 archetypes! Whew.
The idea was to meet each of these within myself...many of which were sent into exile years ago, or have existed in latency and have yet to be discovered and integrated. The adventure comes with sorting out the positive and negitive Shadow in each of the Archetypes...the fun is in knowing that the Self is in charge doing this work.

Believe me, it's not for the faint of heart. :p

Wrapping up, I did want to point out where I'm pointing at the page number in the book; here's a red bracket around a very important point for anyone However, I'm pointing at the page number. The page number is 228. In numerology 2+2+8=12, 1+2=3 just sayin ;)

No problem on any delay, I always just figure someone is busy...and if they forget, that's cool, I forget sometimes too. :)
lol

Thank you!!
Yes, I can read them.
I'll have to check that one out at the library for myself.

That's really cool that it's given you such inspiration to delve further into the subjects contained within!
Those are the best kind of books if you ask me.

Back to the number 3 I see!
Must have to do with that dream I had.
That makes the most sense to me.

Hope you are doing alright today and you had some tasty treats on your birthday yesterday?
Sending you lots of good energy!
:<3white::<3white::<3white:

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.28.31 PM.png

Urtication:

noun
  1. The formation or development of hives.
  2. The sensation of having been stung by nettles.
  3. A lashing with nettles formerly used to treat a paralyzed part of the body.
  4. (historical) the flogging of a paralyzed limb, etc. with nettles for the stimulating effect produced
  5. any sensation of stinging or itching
  6. the formation of urticarial wheals
(plural urtications)
  1. (pathology) the development of urticaria (hives)
  2. The sensation of being stung by nettles
  3. (medicine) Beating the skin with nettles (formerly used to treat paralysis)

Example used in a sentence:

One of the witches belonging to the cult/coven, picked a small branch with a thorn on the end from a bush and scratched it across my back in the dream I had last night.

I just had to look up the interpretation for that one!
According to one site : "To dream of thorns means you are searching for spirituality"
So I guess that would make sense...that's kinda the point of this whole thread, lol.
The action though was not one of malice, there was no harm meant to me, it was done I felt, as if one would give an injection with the intent of helping me.
There was a feeling I can only describe as "magical" also associated with the action.
Not the sterile syringe and nurse with no personal connection.
It was as if this person knew me, and I knew them.
Spirit guides?
If so, my spirit guides are a fucking badass coven of witches bitches!! :tonguewink:
(though the word "cult" rang though my mind in the dream)
So I thought for a while and remembered people using nettles to treat various ailments, but had to look up the word.
I have to say, it sounds like a total shit way to spend your day lmao!
I find it very interesting though upon reading more about it that there are things like this that pop up:

Urtication for Musculoskeletal Pain?
https://academic.oup.com/painmedicine/article/9/7/963/1862274

The strangest part of the whole dream though (much of which I wish to keep to myself) is that I realized while I was having the dream that I had had this same dream before (and forgotten it) and knew what was going to happen next throughout the entire dream.
It was a passive lucidity though.
I knew it was a dream, but I wouldn't say I was fully awake and aware like I am now, so partially lucid.

Could they be trying to help my back pain and arthritis?
Was it just a dream...
I'll tell you, I woke up in a very peaceful and strangely calm state of mind this morning. :expressionless:

(Still not going to try it in real life, let's stick to another plane of reality...the itching and burning...ugh, I'll pass.)

:<3white:

Last edited:
check that one out at the library
Reading is much more enjoyable, however, YouTube has a free audio book on chunks of several videos of you'd like that option.

Back to the number 3 I see!
Must have to do with that dream I had.
That makes the most sense to me.
Yep, I had to note that. Are you still seeing numbers? Are there numbers or "sets" in your dreams? Sets of 3 can come in many ways, ie. Mind, body, soul, and any other trilogy.
Hope you are doing alright today and you had some tasty treats on your birthday yesterday?
Sending you lots of good energy!
I am. Thank you. I got a bunch of test results in a letter today. Happy it was today and not yesterday. Bought myself a reeses peanutbutter ice cream cake to share with Dad. Life is better with peanutbutter ;)

I appreciate your thoughfulness. Hoping you and the family are well. ♡

Yep, I had to note that. Are you still seeing numbers? Are there numbers or "sets" in your dreams? Sets of 3 can come in many ways, ie. Mind, body, soul, and any other trilogy.

Well...there really has so far only been that trio in the dream of mine.
But yes, I'm constantly seeing repeating numbers every day.
Today was 1010, 1111, 111, 2020, 2424, 5454, 5555.
Been a very odd day I have to say.
I've had this strange feeling all day since that dream this morning that I can't really explain.
Normally though when I get up around 5am I sit on the couch and put two pillows in my lap - then lean forward as far as I can to relieve the back pain from lying supine or having my spine straight all night, stretching out the muscles that are spasming or are just super tight.
It takes about an hour or so with my head lying on the pillows in this position until I can sit up straight again without it hurting so damn bad.
This morning I just sat down normally without even thinking about it...which is odd too, because it's something I do every morning, and have for over a year.
I can't really explain this one very easily, I'll just have to be grateful that I felt so good today!

Good to hear that you had a tasty ice-cream cake and your Dad is doing alright!
Peace to you both.
:<3white::<3white:

88253655_759860537754552_8764258664480505856_n.jpg

Life on this planet, may not have originated here...here's an interesting find.

Protein discovered inside a meteorite
by Bob Yirka , Phys.org

5e5e3da17cadd.jpg

Model of the 2320 hemolithin molecule after MMFF energy minimization.
Top: in space-filling mode; Center: ball and stick;
Bottom: enlarged view of iron, oxygen and lithium termination.
White = H; orange = Li; grey = C; blue = N; red = O and green = Fe. Hydrogen bonds are shown by dotted lines.
Credit: arXiv:2002.11688 [astro-ph.EP]

A team of researchers from Plex Corporation, Bruker Scientific LLC and Harvard University has found evidence of a protein inside of a meteorite.
They have written a paper describing their findings and have uploaded it to the arXiv preprint server.

In prior research, scientists have found organic materials, sugars and some other molecules considered to be precursors to amino acids in both meteorites and comets—and fully formed amino acids have been found in comets and meteorites, as well.

But until now, no proteins had been found inside of an extraterrestrial object.
In this new effort, the researchers have discovered a protein called hemolithin inside of a meteorite that was found in Algeria back in 1990.

The hemolithin protein found by the researchers was a small one, and was made up mostly of glycine, and amino acids.
It also had oxygen, lithium and iron atoms at its ends—an arrangement never seen before.

The team's paper has not yet been peer reviewed, but once the findings are confirmed, their discovery will add another piece to the puzzle that surrounds the development of life on Earth.

Proteins are considered to be essential building blocks for the development of living things, and finding one on a meteorite bolsters theories that suggest either life, or something very close to it, came to Earth from elsewhere in space.

Proteins are considered by chemists to be quite complex, which means a lot of things would have to happen by chance for protein formation.
For hemolithin to have formed naturally in the configuration found would require glycine to form first, perhaps on the surface of grains of space dust.

After that, heat by way of molecular clouds might have induced units of glycine to begin linking into polymer chains, which at some point, could evolve into fully formed proteins.

The researchers note that the atom groupings on the tips of the protein form an iron oxide that has been seen in prior research to absorb photons—a means of splitting water into oxygen and hydrogen, thereby producing an energy source that would also be necessary for the development of life.

More information: Hemolithin: a Meteoritic Protein containing Iron and Lithium, arXiv:2002.11688 [astro-ph.EP] arxiv.org/abs/2002.11688

Somewhat political in nature, but a resounding and brilliant message.
Enjoy!

Use This Time Well, by Roshi Joan Halifax
by Roshi Joan Halifax on March 3, 2020 in Bearing Witness, General, News, Roshi Joan Halifax, Upaya’s Blog

Roshi-Joan-arrest-DC-191220-credit-Greenpeace.jpg

Photo above: Roshi Joan Halifax arrested on the floor of the Hart Senate Office Building
as an act of civil disobedience during the eleventh Fire Drill Friday, Dec 20, 2019, Greenpeace.

This article is based on a Dharma Talk given January 26, 2020, for Sesshin: Ancestral Heart.

You can listen to the entire talk at this link.

Winter Solstice, 2019, I went to Washington, D.C., to join Jane Fonda on her Fire Drill Fridays climate protest, in order to give a talk on our capitol’s steps about the impact of our climate catastrophe on health.

It was Jane’s 82nd birthday, and a time when I could join my good friend in her important endeavor to bring attention to the climate catastrophe we are in.

I was grateful to give the talk, which can be read here.

After the talk, hundreds of us went to the Hart Senate Building, where 138 of us were arrested as we engaged in an act of civil disobedience.
It was good to be there with Jane Fonda, Gloria Steinem, Eve Ensler, Dolores Huerta, and many others who are deeply committed to changing the policies and behaviors around climate change.

Recently, I received an email from someone who was doing outreach for teaching I’m going to do in Japan; he asked if he could use the photograph of my arrest in the Hart Building. “It’s fine with me,” I said. “Please go ahead.” Then he asked, “Why are you smiling?”

There were two reasons I was smiling.
I was not grinning; rather I was completely at peace in this very complex situation, as I was being pushed by a policeman across the foyer of the Hart Building toward a processing area where for an hour I would be made to stand with everybody else in order to be finger printed, check to see if I was carrying a weapon, and so forth.

Two things were clear to me: What joy it is to live your principles, arrested or not.
What ease there is in being congruent with one’s values.

After being put through that phase of the “processing” experience, I (along with others) was put into a police wagon, and, honestly, this was a clear wake-up call.

The police wagon that I was led into had a gleaming white interior where two, maybe three people, could barely fit inside an interior cubicle.
There were multiple cubicles.

The ceiling of the police wagon was canted so one was not able to sit up straight.
I thought: how “interesting:” you cannot lift your head and are forced into in a position of humiliation.

Squashed into this transport vehicle, I simply noticed my experience, seeing how the actual physical context might have affected my mental state had I been in a psycho-socially more vulnerable situation.

I also realized that I am a well-known, white woman elder.
I have privilege.

No matter what happens over this next period of time, Greenpeace and Jane Fonda are going to get me out of jail.
My privilege was clear to me.

I then reflected upon the millions of people who have been pushed into police wagons—people of color, poor people, people standing for their principles, people who have harmed others—so many who do not have the privilege that I have.

I knew that I was not in danger; I would not be harmed.
But I could not stop thinking about all those who find themselves in such a vehicle and the despair, terror, and anger most must experience.

When the door was slammed shut, the tight space that gleamed like an operating room suddenly turned into a small airless black box.
Suddenly I found myself in a constricted sensory-isolation chamber, and being driven bumpily through the streets of Washington, D.C. to who knows where.

During this strange drive, I asked, “What sustains me?”
Not just the peace that I felt but also the practice to notice and to do perspective taking.

In other words, not to sit in the police wagon like an upset old woman, but to actually work that experience, to derive from it more than actually was specifically given.

I learned and explored quietly as we made the strange drive to an unknown destination.

As it turned out, we were transported to an enormous warehouse, our plastic handcuffs were cut off.
I was in Zen robes, I had to remove my okesa, I was thoroughly searched, and the police officer took the skein holding my robes together, because perhaps they thought I would harm myself or others.

And then, I was again handcuffed, and sat in a chair in this drafty, dim place for ten hours with 137 others, as we had our mug shots taken, our fingerprints taken, and our backgrounds checked.

Just before 11 at night, after 10 hours, I was released into the arms of Greenpeace and friends, as I made my way in the cold, windy dark, across the street someplace in D.C.

For me, this situation was the perfect time and place to practice: Not Knowing, Bearing Witness, Compassionate Action (the Three Tenets of the Peacemaker Order).

To the best of my ability, I live by these Tenets.
That is why I was smiling.

I didn’t think about privilege when I was in the Hart Building—the scene was so intense—but the police wagon really brought home my privilege.
And the thought, from my point of view, came: I have to use this time well.

My request of myself is the same to all of us: Please use this time deeply and well.

You can fall asleep, you can fall prey to your own unhappy story, and you can squander the precious opportunity to turn the light around and illuminate your mind, illuminate your heart, and discover how to end the suffering in this world.

I urge us all to take responsibility for the privilege that we might have and use it well.
I urge us to use our time well.

Use this life well.
We have much to do, and to “undo.”

NaturalEmbellishedDogfish-size_restricted.gif

@Skarekrow What are you up to? Sorry I haven't said anything lately.
No problem!
It's nice to see you around, I've been enjoying your music blog a lot.
Doing alright, working on another talk I'm giving on chronic pain, working on a new wand for someone, working or myself. :)
I just figured you were taking a break from the nonsense of the forum...hoping it didn't run another interesting and cool person off.
Any big garden plans this year?

Much love!

69900293_2520543038004304_8202422348834406400_o.jpg

83773583_1557910677704328_171722198472458240_n.jpg

88099866_4088488001177309_5479861726864211968_n.png

88102888_3054980094546404_1092308396389957632_o.jpg

87601357_3055908501120230_5201125882726449152_o.jpg

No problem!
It's nice to see you around, I've been enjoying your music blog a lot.
Doing alright, working on another talk I'm giving on chronic pain, working on a new wand for someone, working or myself. :)
I just figured you were taking a break from the nonsense of the forum...hoping it didn't run another interesting and cool person off.
Any big garden plans this year?

Much love!
I'll be installing an irrigation system by myself when the weather gets warm. I may also buy a small greenhouse towards the end of this year. I'm growing a bunch of tree seeds at the moment, which I hope to start turning into bonsai after a few years.

I'll be installing an irrigation system by myself when the weather gets warm. I may also buy a small greenhouse towards the end of this year. I'm growing a bunch of tree seeds at the moment, which I hope to start turning into bonsai after a few years.
Oh cool!
I've frequently thought about getting some type of bonsai.
Starting to run out of places to put plants though, hehe.:grin:

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."
89090762_1560441304117932_1756196562372919296_n.jpg

89198921_1560300540798675_7190189773682638848_n.jpg

(Several false memes circulating have additional text added...this is the actual quote)
Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 7.09.15 AM.png
~ N. Tesla

Important to know...

What it Really Means to Hold Space for Someone

How to Be There for the People who Need you Most.

Read the article here: http://upliftconnect.com/hold-space

Yeah space is tough. If it works out I'll probably join a club and give them any trees I can't keep myself.
Nice!
Yeah, we recently bought a bunch of things to start hanging them from the ceiling, lol.
I gotta have them around...can't do without my plants!

89053823_1557918411036888_5559632996266409984_n.jpg

89090683_1558842870944442_9209458541838991360_n.jpg

3c808b46ff15b495df7037fa61f22590--stairs-google-search.jpg

Early morning...waiting for pain to subside.
I forgot to mention a dream I had the night before last...I found an extra angle in the hallway at my Mom's house...it started as a sliver or an edge hanging in space that caught my eye, and the more I looked at it the greater the opening became until there was a staircase leading downward.
When I walked down there was all kinds of stairs going every which way...kind of like the MC Escher drawing but more expansive and with statues and other random things.
It was not brightly lit though, many dark areas and shadows, places where there was great depth.
In one spot there was a statue/carving(?) of a huge lion's head mid-roar...it must have been taller than my house and the face itself was probably 30 ft across or so and almost twice as high.
Much like the Escher drawing, I found I could walk up the walls, and as I did the whole perspective would shift making it upright.
Once getting to the ceiling though, the floors were shiny tile and once you shifted to that direction, it was as if it were another place/dimension entirely...there were things that were oriented mostly to this upside-down perspective.
Throughout this odd place were small creatures of bizarre shapes and sizes somehow meant to protect this place...one was this cat thing about 10 ft long though only 2 ft tall (kind of like a furry centipede)...long trailing fur and it had a third eye, lol!
There was also some kind of silhouette of a woman with a wand, who would cause you to fade away should she touch you!
Yikes!
(Also there were two children...a boy and girl (8 to 10-ish?), who seemed to live there...laughing and running and jumping and vanishing only to reappear in random places)
Many of my family members came in to see it once I found the way in, including my sister who is a huge fan of the movie 'Labyrinth', and I made a joke as I walked down the wall singing the first verse of the song where Bowie is walking around the Escher-like place in the film, lol.
My brother B, seemed very sad, and was mostly hanging out in the upside-down portion...not sure why, but he suffers from chronic pain like myself, so I feel that has something to do with it.
He was sitting on the ground against the wall, knees drawn up with his arms around them, head down as if he was crying though when I asked him something (not sure what) he lifted his head and responded normally.
As I wandered around, and even jumped from intense heights, there was one point this shade of a woman came around the corner and actually DID touch me with the wand on my hand and it burned and singed my skin.
I started to fade away and my family gathered around.
It was shocking at first to realize this was it, but then I felt peaceful though I was crying (I was in my sleep too come to find out).
I said something along the lines of, "I did okay didn't I".
(Not a question, but a statement)
Once I said this the shade touched me again and I stopped fading away.
End dream.

Jebus...someone mentioned to Sensiko that Neptune is supposedly prominent at the moment and to expect extra intense dreams.
Well, they've been very interesting and intense lately for sure!

Last edited: