Merkabah | Page 389 | INFJ Forum
Well...go figure...I always disliked math.
Not because I couldn’t understand it...it was far too repetitive in nature for my brain, idk why, but that’s how it’s always been.
When we did math worksheets as a child, I would do the first row of say, four...and then stop.
I would get the first row right - which for some reason made me very stubbornly oppose doing the rest as in my 1st grade mind that has proven that I know how to do that particular type of problem, stop wasting my time, let’s move on.
Lmao.
There probably were several missed opportunities there that perhaps would have lessened my dislike of math to this day...who knows, my Dad loved math...they were puzzles to him he told me once, and he liked to solve puzzles.
Not a great deal of math involved in surgery, though of course the basic math to function that we all use daily.
We would of course make sure things are symmetrical and most of the internal anatomy can be measured to an approximate position in the general population and things like that....mixing solutions, either for some topical use or injection...you have to understand basic ratios and sometimes you need to convert things from this to that measurement for whatever particular reason, lol.

Do you ever meditate and try to imagine what a tesseract would actually look like?
I think I may have seen one at one point during a hallucination of shifting geometrical shapes, but it’s not something I can recreate or describe.
Just that it was a further dimension that I couldn’t see before...but then you also start thinking - “Hmmm...this seems oddly familiar though.”.
And it is as if you are remembering a beauty so amazing that it’s a religious experience in many ways...like a peek under the veil for just a moment. ;)

So what is the current consensus in the math department as far as dimensions are concerned...10? 11?
(Not talking multiple universes here for those of you who may confuse the two. <3 )
Something like that.
Do you think we exist in some way/form in all of them?
Or will they always remain hidden from those of us in the lower dimensions?
Just your speculation if you don’t mind...you don’t have to write a thesis, lol.

So let me see if I have this right - bollocks are bad...but the dog’s bollocks are good?
:m083:

Haha I absolutely relate!! :D

I absolutely dislike math :m038:

but my father! Ooooo forget about it haha! Total math wizard I swear!! He could do it all day!

Maths (my degree) is odd spiritually. It deals with many dimensions as though they are the most ordinary things. That includes spaces with an infinite number of dimensions. I like that ordinariness - it makes the idea that they could really exist as plausible materially as spiritually. The maths of a hypersphere or tesseract is only slightly more complex than the 3D versions. It’s odd hopping between the surreal unreal common sense view of a 4th dimension and the everyday banality of 4D in maths.

I think mathematics is spiritually extremely rich in potential. Do you know that a famous French philosopher pretty much says that ontology is mathematics?

I've always been pretty good at maths, I'm actually thinking of starting again some time in the future, and having some fun with more advanced maths. I've a feeling that I will like it better than what I learned at school.

Exceptions to the rules is the new rule
by Aisha North • Bente Amundsen

as old instructions no longer apply.

Any restrictions have long since exceeded

their statute of limitation,

and are fading away into obscurity.

Allow the dismantling of the obvious,

by avoiding putting your own priorities

in your way.

You cannot choose freedom.

You can only BE free.

For freedom is not a choice.

It is a way of living.

aisha-north-229-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Posted on November 10, 2018 by Aisha North • Bente Amundsen

as old instructions no longer apply.

Any restrictions have long since exceeded

their statute of limitation,

and are fading away into obscurity.

Allow the dismantling of the obvious,

by avoiding putting your own priorities

in your way.

You cannot choose freedom.

You can only BE free.

For freedom is not a choice.

It is a way of living.

aisha-north-229-1.jpeg

true-freedom.jpg

To my Dad...
vet.jpg
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
bigJ.jpg

123.jpg

Well...go figure...I always disliked math.
Not because I couldn’t understand it...it was far too repetitive in nature for my brain, idk why, but that’s how it’s always been.
When we did math worksheets as a child, I would do the first row of say, four...and then stop.
I would get the first row right - which for some reason made me very stubbornly oppose doing the rest as in my 1st grade mind that has proven that I know how to do that particular type of problem, stop wasting my time, let’s move on.
Lmao.
There probably were several missed opportunities there that perhaps would have lessened my dislike of math to this day...who knows, my Dad loved math...they were puzzles to him he told me once, and he liked to solve puzzles.
Not a great deal of math involved in surgery, though of course the basic math to function that we all use daily.
We would of course make sure things are symmetrical and most of the internal anatomy can be measured to an approximate position in the general population and things like that....mixing solutions, either for some topical use or injection...you have to understand basic ratios and sometimes you need to convert things from this to that measurement for whatever particular reason, lol.

Do you ever meditate and try to imagine what a tesseract would actually look like?
I think I may have seen one at one point during a hallucination of shifting geometrical shapes, but it’s not something I can recreate or describe.
Just that it was a further dimension that I couldn’t see before...but then you also start thinking - “Hmmm...this seems oddly familiar though.”.
And it is as if you are remembering a beauty so amazing that it’s a religious experience in many ways...like a peek under the veil for just a moment. ;)

So what is the current consensus in the math department as far as dimensions are concerned...10? 11?
(Not talking multiple universes here for those of you who may confuse the two. <3 )
Something like that.
Do you think we exist in some way/form in all of them?
Or will they always remain hidden from those of us in the lower dimensions?
Just your speculation if you don’t mind...you don’t have to write a thesis, lol.

So let me see if I have this right - bollocks are bad...but the dog’s bollocks are good?
:m083:

Getting fired up with maths as a child is so hit or miss - depends on the quality of the teachers you get as much as ability. I was too clumsy and impatient to be good at arithmetic though I understood it ok. But then we got to multiplying letters by numbers and solving for ‘x’ and I got so intrigued that a letter could be a number that I was hooked. One of my secondary school teachers was brilliant and made it really interesting so that several of us went beyond the curriculum in our own time. I got interested in the roots of things in my teens and wanted to know about origins - maths seemed to be a way in ‘cos it’s the foundational language of all major physical theories so I chose it as my degree subject - my interest was similar to @Ren ‘s with philosophy but of course maths doesn’t take you all that far down the search for reality as I found out eventually. Unless you believe reality is maths of course! But it’s a great training in rigorous structured thinking and it teaches you not to expect difficult topics to be doled out in bite sized pieces of pre-chewed food.

I’ve tried to imagine a 4th dimension but never succeeded. It’s a bit like the Hitchhikers Guide advice on learning to fly - throw yourself at the ground but miss. All I get are bruises *sigh*. I’m envious if you managed to do it - either of them in fact lol! :wink: I’ll have to give it another go. In fact I can and do manage to visualise 4 D space time in a hazy sort of way. I have this world tree image of everything branching out from the Big Bang in 4 D. I think our experience of time is an illusion and that the world, including ourselves, is complete and eternal. We experience our lives serially as we track down our already existing timeline. I believe in free will, though, because we can choose between branching points when we reach them. I don’t know what happens to the branches not taken. I don’t know what happens to us at the end of our branch either, because the branch isn’t going anywhere - it’s an eternal set of space time events,

Maths is agnostic on how many physical dimensions there are. It can handle as many as you like and make it seem disgustingly boring. The String Theory guys seem to have settled on 10 or 11, but I can’t help feeling that these people are creating a Pythagorean mystery cult rather than true science. My own gut instinct is that there are very many universes separated from ours through other dimensions, but very likely all branching out from common ancestor universes. Every time a new one is created the physical laws get tossed onto a roulette wheel and come out differently. There’s lots of ways new ones can be made including stars collapsing into black holes etc. That would explain fine tuning for life in our universe as a very rare chance event, because it’s bound to happen somewhere with so many worlds being created. I must say though that when you look at this sort of explanation, it seems plausible at first, then you realise it just pushes the origin problem back a stage and it doesn’t seem any more plausible than the suggestion that the Finger of God did it after all. I’m happy with the idea of a Creator myself but don’t like using Her to fill in scientific holes - it seems impolite somehow. I hope we can find a way of exploring other dimensions, though I doubt we could travel in them because they may not allow matter like ours to exist.

Everyone talks of extra space dimensions, but suppose there were worlds with 2 or more time dimensions - I wonder what they’d be like? You could have a surface made of time but no space - weird. That sounds like another good focus for meditation.

The dog’s bollocks takes the biscuit all right! By no means a bum deal!
:m059:

There may be a load of plain old bollocks in what I’ve just written though - shouldn’t do this sort of thing on an iPhone.....

Getting fired up with maths as a child is so hit or miss - depends on the quality of the teachers you get as much as ability. I was too clumsy and impatient to be good at arithmetic though I understood it ok. But then we got to multiplying letters by numbers and solving for ‘x’ and I got so intrigued that a letter could be a number that I was hooked. One of my secondary school teachers was brilliant and made it really interesting so that several of us went beyond the curriculum in our own time. I got interested in the roots of things in my teens and wanted to know about origins - maths seemed to be a way in ‘cos it’s the foundational language of all major physical theories so I chose it as my degree subject - my interest was similar to @Ren ‘s with philosophy but of course maths doesn’t take you all that far down the search for reality as I found out eventually. Unless you believe reality is maths of course! But it’s a great training in rigorous structured thinking and it teaches you not to expect difficult topics to be doled out in bite sized pieces of pre-chewed food.

I’ve tried to imagine a 4th dimension but never succeeded. It’s a bit like the Hitchhikers Guide advice on learning to fly - throw yourself at the ground but miss. All I get are bruises *sigh*. I’m envious if you managed to do it - either of them in fact lol! :wink: I’ll have to give it another go. In fact I can and do manage to visualise 4 D space time in a hazy sort of way. I have this world tree image of everything branching out from the Big Bang in 4 D. I think our experience of time is an illusion and that the world, including ourselves, is complete and eternal. We experience our lives serially as we track down our already existing timeline. I believe in free will, though, because we can choose between branching points when we reach them. I don’t know what happens to the branches not taken. I don’t know what happens to us at the end of our branch either, because the branch isn’t going anywhere - it’s an eternal set of space time events,

Maths is agnostic on how many physical dimensions there are. It can handle as many as you like and make it seem disgustingly boring. The String Theory guys seem to have settled on 10 or 11, but I can’t help feeling that these people are creating a Pythagorean mystery cult rather than true science. My own gut instinct is that there are very many universes separated from ours through other dimensions, but very likely all branching out from common ancestor universes. Every time a new one is created the physical laws get tossed onto a roulette wheel and come out differently. There’s lots of ways new ones can be made including stars collapsing into black holes etc. That would explain fine tuning for life in our universe as a very rare chance event, because it’s bound to happen somewhere with so many worlds being created. I must say though that when you look at this sort of explanation, it seems plausible at first, then you realise it just pushes the origin problem back a stage and it doesn’t seem any more plausible than the suggestion that the Finger of God did it after all. I’m happy with the idea of a Creator myself but don’t like using Her to fill in scientific holes - it seems impolite somehow. I hope we can find a way of exploring other dimensions, though I doubt we could travel in them because they may not allow matter like ours to exist.

Everyone talks of extra space dimensions, but suppose there were worlds with 2 or more time dimensions - I wonder what they’d be like? You could have a surface made of time but no space - weird. That sounds like another good focus for meditation.

There may be a load of plain old bollocks in what I’ve just written though - shouldn’t do this sort of thing on an iPhone.....

I recently discovered Fauconnet, so to try my hand at some classical indeterminism, suppose that we do have free will, and therefore conscious beings are some kind of cosmological dimension-creating machines. Every time a free choice is made must somehow violate the deterministic physics of the universe, and therefore a new universe with slightly different physics is created to avoid the paradox.

I dunno, I'm playing devil's advocate and therefore may perhaps also be talking bollocks.

BTW John, 'bollocks' is perhaps one of my favourite words. A manager of mine once attempted to start of some disciplinary proceedings against me for saying that she was talking bollocks (specifically, 'No that's total bollocks'), until she realised that she was indeed talking bollocks and could get herself into trouble for misleading her staff.

And also, for the Yanks that are interested, where I come from the accent changes from village to village, and as John says, manners of speech can be very local indeed depending on where you come from.

In my village oop North, we were still using Norse words from the time of the Danelaw like 'laik' (to play).

E.g. 'is tha' lekkin art?' (are you coming out to play?)

( @John K get back on your comments above when I have time later today ^^^ )

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ego.jpg

fish.jpg

fly.jpg

observe.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 7.48.10 AM.png

yes.jpg

"Standing on the bare ground,
- my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space,
- all mean egotism vanishes.
I become a transparent eye-ball; I am nothing; I see all;
the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me;
I am part or particle of God. "

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Essay “Nature

Thanks John for the thorough answer!
Myself leaning more toward the idea of these bodies and physical brain as a receiver of soul/thought/mind/etc.
So the idea of existing elsewhere unseen to us now is something I have spent a rather long time pondering at times.
Having had disturbing experiences as a child, this started me down that path - but I can very clearly remember trying to talk to my parents who were watching a late night movie or the 11 o’clock news and failing miserably to even get a slight response.
My Mom even got upset at me for watching “The Terminator” when it came out in 1984 and I was 7 or 8 (I fessed up after I got scared the next night) - she just didn’t realize that I was sitting on the floor in-between my parents the whole time.
I just have such an incredibly hard time ruling out certain possibilities after having had certain experiences!

The thought of lower or further dimensions has always fascinated me...the idea of multiple universes has as well...and as you suggested - the other dimensions may lead us to one or many perhaps?
As for them being infinite - that could very well be correct - I actually do have some faith that we continue on nix the ego after we keel over.
The idea of particles blinking in and out of or space/time and reappearing elsewhere is exciting to me - where did they go?
They seem to move on an axis we cannot trace in a further dimension?
What’s in-between the spaces?

(For example...)
Either way...I certainly cannot wait to find out if that is even an option. ;)
Much love and thank you again!

I recently discovered Fauconnet, so to try my hand at some classical indeterminism, suppose that we do have free will, and therefore conscious beings are some kind of cosmological dimension-creating machines. Every time a free choice is made must somehow violate the deterministic physics of the universe, and therefore a new universe with slightly different physics is created to avoid the paradox.

I dunno, I'm playing devil's advocate and therefore may perhaps also be talking bollocks.

BTW John, 'bollocks' is perhaps one of my favourite words. A manager of mine once attempted to start of some disciplinary proceedings against me for saying that she was talking bollocks (specifically, 'No that's total bollocks'), until she realised that she was indeed talking bollocks and could get herself into trouble for misleading her staff.

And also, for the Yanks that are interested, where I come from the accent changes from village to village, and as John says, manners of speech can be very local indeed depending on where you come from.

In my village oop North, we were still using Norse words from the time of the Danelaw like 'laik' (to play).

E.g. 'is tha' lekkin art?' (are you coming out to play?)

giphy.gif

Thanks!
I agree with your further ideas on dimensions and multiple universes.
The accounts of people who have had total ego dissolution are fascinating when added to these thoughts.
It seems as if we have an incredible amount of subjective experiences both from those who have passed and survived death, or just those who have altered their own state of consciousness by all kind of means - drumming, ecstatic dance, meditation, entheogen, holotropic breath-work, etc.
As Huxley stated - the brain acts as a sort of “reducing valve” of reality - giving us just a sliver of it...only enough to survive and reproduce...but any more information would be too much for us to still act in a functional manner and experience simultaneously.
Cheers my friend!!

You are speaking to my heart with these ones, my friend

Thanks Wyote...I liked those also!

Last edited:
37945580_2139739726301609_4021019331079962624_n.jpg

Don’t be dumb people...
*sigh*
Being dumb with this stuff it the number one reason these things get banned and grow a taboo.
Not a big deal to someone using it recreationally...but for those for whom it really helps on a deep and powerful level you are only making it more difficult to use for legit purposes.
There is a right and a wrong way of doing this type of thing - those who cannot handle the ego dissolution did not properly prepare themselves imho for that possibility and what that might entail as ineffable as it is.
I can see how dissolving one’s ego without preparing for that event could be traumatic for certain people, the very egocentric or ego attached, the immature youth...those who have no clue what the ego or “self” is.
My experience was very humorous actually as it revealed how silly we are as animals who “think” but are still mostly not present.
And again - certain people should not even come near this stuff for mental or medical reasons.
Enjoy!

Competitive Psychedelic Users Are
Chasing 'Ego Death' and Losing Their Sense of Self

More and more psychonauts are looking for the ultimate high,
but some are ruining their minds in the process.

1542123373265-KN5RYH.jpeg

"The first time I experienced ego death," says Bradley, a 26-year-old from Idaho, "I took four-and-a-half grams [of magic mushrooms].
At first, I tried to focus on bringing myself back a little bit, but that obviously wasn't going to work because the mushies [mushrooms] knew what I needed. So I just reminded myself that, even though it feels like I'm dying, I'm definitely not."

The "ego death" that Bradley describes is an extreme state brought on by psychedelic drugs that are becoming increasingly popular with online psychonauts: It's an initially terrifying sensation of dying, where the user enters a trance and occasionally screams, before their entire sense of self disappears and they're left with nothing but the awareness that everything in the universe is connected.

"Ego death" in the broader sense doesn't necessarily involve LSD, or mushrooms, or DMT, or anything else you'd hope to find in raver's fanny pack.
It's simply a life-shattering cerebral experience.

Buddhists call it enlightenment and believe it can be cultivated with meditation; Sufi Muslims call it fana; psychologist Carl Jung dubbed it "psychic death," and defined it as when—after a period of suffering—our consciousness "dies" and is resurrected.

Drugs, then, are just a way to reach this point quicker.
First written about by LSD advocate Timothy Leary in 1964, he defined ego death as "complete transcendence—beyond words, beyond space-time, beyond self.

There are no visions, no sense of self, no thoughts. There is only pure awareness and ecstatic freedom."

Fifty years later, there is an ego death arms race of sorts among the kind of people who like to write about their psychedelic experiences online, with hundreds on Reddit and YouTube boasting about their latest transcendence of self.

On message-boards like Reddit's r/Psychonaut, a lively hub of 175,000 subscribers, posts about ego death are often and, in many cases, used to assert dominance. "Ego death is the ultimate goal of life," reads one. "I think [it's] a fair statement that if you've experienced ego death that you're a superior psychonaut," reads another.

Bradley, who's experienced ego death "a handful of times," made a thread on r/Psychonaut a couple of months ago called, "Does anyone else feel like there is a massive ego-death circle jerk on this [forum]?"

"I made that because there were a lot of posts like, 'Took some mushrooms, felt everything was connected, was this ego death?'" he explains. "Constantly worrying about achieving this Holy Grail-type of experience just isn't the way to do it. You need to have respect for these kinds of things."

Though attempts to fully explain ego death always fall short, drug YouTubers like PsychedSubstance have tried eloquently, saying it's like "stepping back from experiencing life as the program and experiencing life as the operating system." Dakota of Earth—another drug YouTuber—describes the transition to ego death as "awareness identifying with a body. Remove the body."

Michael—a 20-year-old from Florida who's tripped "50-plus times"—says ego death comes on gradually: "You don't even realize it's happening. Your thoughts are slowing down, getting confused, then panic sets in. Your body will start vibrating like you're going to detonate. It feels like: This is it. This is the moment I've been walking toward."

At this point, he says, you can either accept it, or fight and scream.

"You might get stuck in time for a second, with the ability to look around," he says. "It was like there were two of me—my spirit looking around while my body was stuck staring at my friend. I could feel wind howling around me. I felt time slow to an absolute stopping point and I was consumed by a white light that came from everywhere. At that moment, I experienced it."

Tony, a 23-year-old from Kentucky, experienced ego death for the first time two months ago when smoking DMT.
He tells me that every surface in his living room exploded with detail like he'd never seen; that there was so much going on visually that he couldn't close his eyes. "It was the most intense feeling of connection ever," he says. "All sensations of ego and self dissolved until nothing was left but a loving union with everything."

Like Michael, he describes leaving his body. "I felt my consciousness float out of it slowly, only a few feet above where my corpse sat. I can remember thinking, This is what it feels like to die."

1542129880378-PBAN7N.jpeg

Researchers believe the ego death sensation stems from the part of the brain responsible for our sense of self—the "default mode network"—being quietened by psychedelic drugs, which disrupt negative thought patterns and open up new perspectives.

On a similarly chemical—but, admittedly, less scientific—level, there are five stages of psychedelic experience, according to Timothy Leary, and various dosages that will help you achieve them.

The first two are mild and involve short-term memory loss and visual enhancement, while level three is more intense and includes hallucinations.
Though dependent on mood and tolerance, a level three dose of LSD is about 100 micrograms, while—insanely—a level four or five trip, i.e. an ego death dose, is closer to 300 micrograms.

For mushrooms, an ego death dose is about four to five grams.

Psychedelics have a long therapeutic history, and are currently being studied at Imperial College London, Johns Hopkins University, and NYU, while—combined with professional support—they've been shown to help alleviate depression, addiction, and anxiety in the terminally ill.

However, dangers remain when using them heavily and unsupervised, especially if users have existing mental health problems.
Heightened anxiety and psychedelic-induced PTSD are both common side effects—but perhaps the most common is the feeling of manic depersonalization that can set in, and never leave, after ego death.

The majority of psychonauts I spoke to reported experiencing this.

Sean, 22, from Oregon tells me that, after his ego death, it was like there was a "frequency shift" inside him. "I honestly thought I was developing psychosis," he says. "I couldn't believe what I saw, and what the world was. Nothing made sense, and nothing had a point. I became very anti-social and it didn't take much to send me into a panic."

Tony developed even stronger symptoms, saying that just existing in his body became so taxing that one night he literally got sick. "I had to look at myself in the mirror for a long time so I'd know what my face looks like," he explains. "I had to tell myself my name over and over again until I started to develop a sense of identity. I saw how temporary this world is and I struggled to find a reason to live."

Spiritual awakenings can be ugly, explains Michael: "The truth can leave you miserable. You lose interest in things, people drift away, you question your career. It's been years since [my ego death] happened—I still think about it daily. I wasn't ready for the experience. I was left in a state of manic insanity—I kept thinking the trip wasn't over."

Fortunately for some, normal life eventually reintegrates, leaving them happier for having gone through it.
For others, the catch-22 of having seen a utopia they can't live in permeates everything, breeding a nihilism which asks whether living the lie (like the rest of us) would have been better.

It's difficult to tell how many psychedelics users are actually pushing their trips to this extent—whether it's reality or merely internet bravado.
But there have been enough ego death posts on message-boards like Reddit's r/Psychonaut lately to suggest that many psychonauts are being driven toward potentially dark turning points—in some part, it would seem, for internet credibility.

Certainly, when read about online, ego death seems to offer solutions to many of life's problems—along with a promise of clarity in a confusing age—but with validation-seeking forum posts showing that, clearly, our egos can't be killed for long, perhaps making friends with the ego, and learning how to control it, would be healthier than trying to destroy it.

In case anyone is interested in the type of arthritis that has so devastated certain parts of my life...here are two really well done videos.
The second is a bit more in-depth and gives a more complete picture than the TED talk imho, but both are equally informative.

Ankylosing Spondylitis is one of the most under-diagnosed, and publicly unknown “invisible" diseases - but it is more prevalent than MS, cystic fibrosis, and Lou Gehrig’s disease combined.
The main symptoms begin in early adulthood and can be things like - early morning pain that forces you from bed, severe debilitating pain in the hips, SI-joints, spine, ribs, sternum - those are all my spots anyway...not to mention that my ankles have been hurting now also and the 4th toe on both of my feet has lost most sensation lol - I asked the doctor about that and she said it’s from nerve damage/inflammation in my back.
The absolute worst is the fatigue though...just shoot me now with that shit.
I am dealing though, and this is not to gather pity for myself but rather to educate my friends and others about AS (many don’t even realize they have it!).
Even many doctors are unfamiliar with it and those who are are left with very limited treatment options - many just don’t work, or they have such harsh side-effects they aren’t worth taking at all.
Also as a gentle reminder to people to withhold judgement of others as you never know what is going on with them or their loved ones.
For many years unless you saw an X-ray, you would never know I had issues with arthritis.
There are many folks struggling with so-called “invisible” diseases.
They have the ability to really effect your personality sometimes if you let them.
It took me many, many years to just get to the point now where I am beginning to accept all aspects of it including the pain.
Not everyone has the luxury of time to effect such change though.
Be kind to people.
You never know what or when someone is suffering (people can be incredibly good at hiding pain especially after several years of it chronically) - be it mental, emotional, spiritual, or physical.
Much love all and thank you to those who always offer me such kind words or support and hope and compassion - you know who you are.
:<3white:

An Invisible Disease - Charis Hill
TEDx Sacramento

“I'm here to talk about what you don't see.”
Charis Hill relates her daily struggle with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), a currently incurable, progressive, and chronic form of arthritis.
Charis is a professional model, chronic disease advocate and blogger who lives with Ankylosing Spondylitis,
severe depression and posttraumatic stress disorder.
She is involved in local and national nonprofit organizations related to Spondylitis and Arthritis,
is a regular contributor to awareness campaigns,
and is active in local and national political legislation efforts for those living with chronic diseases.
Charis graduated in 2009 from Meredith College, Magna Cum Laude, with a BA in Sociology.

In My Bones - Living with Ankylosing Spondylitis

A short documentary made to help those diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis;
to give context and hopefully guidance to people who have the condition.
This film was made by three friends from Manchester, England after its director's father was diagnosed three years ago.
We hope it helps it some way.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested in the type of arthritis that has so devastated certain parts of my life...here are two really well done videos.
The second is a bit more in-depth and gives a more complete picture than the TED talk imho, but both are equally informative.

Ankylosing Spondylitis is one of the most under-diagnosed, and publicly unknown “invisible" diseases - but it is more prevalent than MS, cystic fibrosis, and Lou Gehrig’s disease combined.
The main symptoms begin in early adulthood and can be things like - early morning pain that forces you from bed, severe debilitating pain in the hips, SI-joints, spine, ribs, sternum - those are all my spots anyway...not to mention that my ankles have been hurting now also and the 4th toe on both of my feet has lost most sensation lol - I asked the doctor about that and she said it’s from nerve damage/inflammation in my back.
The absolute worst is the fatigue though...just shoot me now with that shit.
I am dealing though, and this is not to gather pity for myself but rather to educate my friends and others about AS (many don’t even realize they have it!).
Even many doctors are unfamiliar with it and those who are are left with very limited treatment options - many just don’t work, or they have such harsh side-effects they aren’t worth taking at all.
Also as a gentle reminder to people to withhold judgement of others as you never know what is going in with them or their loved ones.
For many years unless you saw an X-ray, you would never know I had issues with arthritis.
There are many folks struggling with so-called “invisible” diseases.
They have the ability to really effect your personality sometimes if you let them.
It took me many, many years to just get to the point now where I am beginning to accept all aspects of it including the pain.
Not everyone has the luxury of time to effect such change though.
Be kind to people.
You never know what or when someone is suffering (people can be incredible good at hiding pain especially after several years of it chronically) - be it mental, emotional, spiritual, or physical.
Much love all and thank you to those who always offer me such kind words or support and hope and compassion - you know who you are.
:<3white:

An Invisible Disease - Charis Hill
TEDx Sacramento

“I'm here to talk about what you don't see.”
Charis Hill relates her daily struggle with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), a currently incurable, progressive, and chronic form of arthritis.
Charis is a professional model, chronic disease advocate and blogger who lives with Ankylosing Spondylitis,
severe depression and posttraumatic stress disorder.
She is involved in local and national nonprofit organizations related to Spondylitis and Arthritis,
is a regular contributor to awareness campaigns,
and is active in local and national political legislation efforts for those living with chronic diseases.
Charis graduated in 2009 from Meredith College, Magna Cum Laude, with a BA in Sociology.

In My Bones - Living with Ankylosing Spondylitis

A short documentary made to help those diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis;
to give context and hopefully guidance to people who have the condition.
This film was made by three friends from Manchester, England after its director's father was diagnosed three years ago.
We hope it helps it some way.

2018 11 15 Skarekrow.jpg

It’s official!!
7777 posts in this thread!!!
WOW!

7777.jpg

Some pretty decent pictures and stuff...

fa2f49cc42735528746a6c1b630a8c4c.jpg

4b34e492f66fe657b29d50ddfc5736e4.jpg

82b0985251fc6a3c10a7f158d974a39c.jpg

9aa67116054546d8d8ea629632637146.jpg

3d21f0fc1acc81ee9420a2451758c99f.jpg

5c9a677bb627090cbdf848bbf08bbb37.jpg

88af092b8acab4f87409f531b3991ea6.jpg

8dd02b44c5de1f2a6d8b33d208e558e4.jpg

6131939718a7b89f34f5efe8f6574939.jpg

cb30f3df5f11db7fe6e40deb3733be61.jpg

fc83b1296f7be9af987e721b32812f19.jpg

6945928631f78b06b25149bf9a99343d.jpg