Merkabah | Page 293 | INFJ Forum
Are we all PSYCHIC?
Scientists believe that animals -
including humans - have a collective consciousness
  • Behaviours found to spread throughout species seemingly telepathically
  • These behaviours were adopted among groups that had never met
  • This led scientists to believe they're spread via a collective consciousness
  • Blue tits and macaques among species that share behaviours this way
  • Report in 2010 claimed to have proved humans have similar psychic skills
  • However, these claims have been dismissed some scientists in more recent reports
Some may call it coincidence, while others call it a sixth sense but why do people think about someone right before they call, for example, or ‘have a feeling’ something is about to happen before it does?

It may be due to something called collective consciousness - a term used by certain scientists to describe the practice of humans, and animals, sharing behaviours and ideas with each other telepathically.

article-2509971-19833A2C00000578-931_634x322.jpg

Some call it coincidence, while others call it a sixth sense but why do people think about someone right before they call, for example?
It may be due to something called collective consciousness - a term used by some scientists to describe the practice of humans, and animals,
sharing behaviours and ideas telepathically.
A report in 2010 claimed to have proved the presence of this consciousness and, by default, psychic abilities in humans.
But these claims divided opinion and more recent reports dismiss them as nonsense.

The idea of a collective consciousness was first presented by French sociologist Émile Durkheim in 1893.

Durkheim’s definition related more to a shared understanding of certain morals and social norms based on people either imitating others, explicitly passing on these behaviours to one another, or agreeing certain ideals in order to feel accepted.

Yet in the 1970s, scientists began to suggest this collective consciousness could be developed and spread through species non-explicitly; through telepathic or ‘supernatural’ means.

The Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon, for example, was an idea put forward by South African zoologist and ethologist Lyall Watson and his scientific author colleague Lawrence Blair in 1975.

Watson and Blair used the behaviours of Japanese macaque monkeys to back up their claims.
During the 1950s, macaques on the island of Koshima learned to wash sweet potatoes and explicitly passed this skill onto younger members of the group.

According to Watson and Blair, this behaviour then spread and was observed on neighbouring islands among groups of macaques who had never seemingly come into contact with each other.

They chalked this up to the monkeys sharing a collective consciousness, often referred to as a ‘shared mind’ or ‘hive mind’, in which the practices were shared telepathically.

A similar practice was more recently observed among blue tits.
This time the skill the birds taught themselves was to break into milk bottles and drink the cream from the top.

article-2509971-19833A2400000578-522_634x355.jpg

Blue tits are said to have a collective consciousness. Birds in the UK taught themselves to break into milk bottles and drink the cream from the top, pictured. Similar groups of the same species exhibited the same skills in other countries throughout Europe and Asia.
This was despite the groups never meeting​

Although the practice was first observed in Southampton in 2011, similar groups of the same species exhibited the same skills in other countries throughout Europe and Asia.

This was despite the groups never meeting and the birds being non-migratory.

A science journal in 2010 published claims made by Professor Daryl Bem, a physicist from Cornell University, that he had proved humans have similar psychic abilities supposedly seen in the birds and monkeys.

article-2509971-19833A2800000578-592_306x423.jpg

A similar phenomenon was observed among Japanese macaques learning to wash sweet potatoes, pictured,
yet sceptics claim it's impossible to know the groups hadn't met.​

Professor Bem set out to investigate 'psi', or parapsychology, through a series of nine experiments.

In one test, students were shown a list of words to memorize.
They were later asked to recall as many as they could and finally were given a random selection of the words to type out.

They were, unsurprisingly, more adept at remembering certain words over others, but these words tended to be the words they would later be asked to type, suggesting a future event had affected their ability to remember.

In another experiment, the students were shown an image of two curtains on a computer screen and told one concealed an erotic picture.
The students chose the curtain hiding the picture ‘more often than could be explained away by chance’, according to Professor Bem.

Importantly, the position of the picture was randomly assigned by a computer that didn't make its decision until after the volunteer chose one curtain or the other.

To believers in the paranormal, this suggested the students were actually influencing future events and the odds against the combined result being down to mere chance or being a statistical fluke were quoted as 74 billion to one.

Professor Bem carried out nine different experiments involving more than 1,000 volunteers and all but one came down on the side of these so-called psychic theories.

Elsewhere, scientist Rubert Sheldrake has created experiments that test this collective consciousness and telepathy theory online and over the phone.
He believes it can’t be coincidence that hundreds, if not thousands of people, around the world experience similar feelings of being watched, for example.

article-2344398-1A66F656000005DC-975_634x465.jpg

A science journal published claims made by Professor Daryl Bem, a physicist from Cornell University, that humans have similar psychic abilities. Eight out of nine tests were said to prove these claims yet when researchers from Edinburgh tried to replicate the results they couldn't;
dismissing Professor Bem's report.​

Yet many are skeptical.
In regards the Japanese monkeys, author Ron Amundson dismissed the supernatural claims, instead suggesting it was impossible to know for certain the monkeys in different groups had never met.

He added human intervention may have played a part in the skill developing because the monkeys had not seen, or learnt to wash the potatoes, before they were given them by the scientists.

It is also thought that monkeys don’t share a collective consciousness but instead all have thought processes and brains that solve problems in the same way.

This is a small distinction but suggests that when faced with the same issue, the monkeys would take the most appropriate route possible.
This was also used to explain the blue tit mystery; the birds wanted milk, they looked at the bottles and solved the problem they were facing.

Then in 2012, researchers from Edinburgh University including Professor Stuart Ritchie, wanted to put Professor Bem’s claims about the human psyche to the test and challenge his findings.

They repeated Professor Bem’s experiments, using the same computer program, but were unable to repeat his results.

‘We found nothing,’ said Ritchie. ‘It might just be because the statistics were a fluke. You're going to get some false positives sometimes.’

Yet Professor Ritchie was unable to explain exactly why his results were so widely different.
Professor Bem claimed at the time that Ritchie’s scepticism may have skewed the results, but Ritchie later denied this.

Reactions: Wyote and sprinkles
Sorry about that...I was needing it.
Acceptance is the key to many things I think.
It has taken me a long time and many tears, rants, frustration, hatred, anger, fear, pain, etc. etc. to come to terms with my chronic back pain and how it has effected my life in every way.
But I’m there...most of the time anyhow, unless it’s a particularly painful day.
Then all I can do is meditate all day.
But at least I have found something that works...not just on the pain, but my mental state and spiritual/emotional state as well.
You take care too...thank you for being so generous with your time.
Much love,
M
No worries about taking care of you first my friend ;) I can relate to that chronic pain thing, coupled with a host of other maladies. I generally tell folks, when they ask me what's wrong, that it takes less time and effort to tell what's going right, lol.

And...
:m176: happy birthday to you. I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow. Birthdays are an exciting time to celebrate yourself and your existence.
Enjoy and I wish you many more. ❤

Reactions: Skarekrow
Could just be coincidence, but I like to think not.

How robins ‘proved’ loved ones are still with their grieving relatives after death

Are loved ones still with us after they die? Many believe they have been given signs that their relatives are still around and, in the spiritual community, robins are viewed as symbols of visits from the dead.

At the beginning of April a mum who lost her four-year-old son shared a heartbreaking video which she recorded at his grave.

Marie Robinson was visiting Jack’s resting place on the third anniversary of his death and had asked him to “show Mummy a sign”, after which a robin hopped on to her shoe, then landed on her hand.

She posted a clip of the robin coming to ‘say hello’ as she sobbed, asking: “Are you looking after him?” and said she took it as a sign Jack was still with her.

Watch her touching encounter with a robin in the video below:

The story was shared on the Daily Mirror Facebook page , and they were then inundated with similar stories from people who had lost those close to them, saying they too had seen robins and been comforted.

JACK-ROBINSON.jpg

Below are 11 of those stories people shared with the Daily Mirror.

1. “I felt an immense sense of calm”
Stacey Woodhouse said: “The day after my Mum’s funeral, my husband and I decided to still go on a weekend camping trip that had been arranged before her passing.

“A robin flew around us, landing in our picnic table. She then proceeded to hop into our awning and through into our camper van.

“She stayed there looking at us for a good few minutes while I chatted with her.

“I felt an immense sense of calm. My mum loved joining us for camping trips, even it was only for a few hours and a cuppa.”

2. “She put her hand over her mouth and pointed”
Sylvia Rafter: “My Mam passed in June. I was driving home to get clothes when my neighbour was driving towards me.

“We both stopped and I broke down telling her about Mam. She put her hand over her mouth and pointed and there, on my car mirror, was perched a robin… even with the engine running.”

3. “I feel so happy whenever I see one”
Sharon Sandford commented: “I have always believed robins to be a sign that a loved one is near. Never failed to see one at the cemetery when visiting my brother’s resting place.

“My mum died last November and we buried her ashes next to my brother on what would have been his birthday.

“The biggest robin appeared and actually went into the grave. He then hopped over to my Dad and then me. I feel so happy whenever I see one.”

4. “It was a lovely moment”
Ann Brady said: “There is a little robin who visited us when we were standing at my son’s resting place as well.

“On one of the first occasions we visited and stood there. It hopped down in front of us looked at us. We still see it from time to time. It was a lovely moment!”

5. “I was sat in tears”
Susan Lennon shared her story, saying: “I lost my father and brother in 11 weeks. The spring after my father died, a robin appeared in my garden I was sat in tears about my dad and brother because of it.

“The robin landed on my bird table just looking at me. Just two weeks later I had cancer removed from my womb and the robin appeared the next day too.”

6. “Please take care of me today”
Becky Fairclough said: “Every morning before work I hear a robin singing in a certain tree. I always smile, say: ‘I know that you’re there and please take care of me today.’

“I have also had a butterfly appear in the house for the past four winters, usually in December or January… I’d like to believe it’s my mum watching over me.”

7. “I believe in robins and white feathers”
Corrina Whelan commented: “The first time we visited my nana’s resting place after she died, a robin appeared on her headstone.

“And for a long time after that a robin would appear on the wall outside the kitchen window every time my mother called to my house. I believe in robins and white feathers.”

8. “It brings such a feeling of peace”
Andrea Helliwell said: “There is often a robin around my late first husband and baby daughter’s grave. It brings with it such a feeling of peace.

“My Dad always said he would come back as a robin because everybody loved them. Each time a family member has died, I have seen a robin so now I make sure I feed the robins on my bird table.”

9. Many other people felt the same way
Karon Carr said: “When my dad died in a hospice there was one outside his window and one comes back every year.”

Diane Atherley said: “At my father’s wake a robin walked into the hall were we were holding it in – just in front of me. I believe it was Dad saying ‘I’m with you all.'”

Laney Head commented: “I see a robin every day when I am at my son’s grave or walking past his park where he used to play. It is only since 29.12.2016. God bless.”

Nicki Knotts said: “I don’t believe in God and I never used to buy into the afterlife, but then my Grandma died and ever since I frequently have a robin in my garden. Usually at difficult times, so this I do believe.”

10. It even comforts pet owners
Lyndsey McHugh: “We lost our two dogs within a short space of each other.

“When I’m thinking of them looking into the garden, two robins always appear and seems to fly around like playing. Brings great comfort.”

11. People also see butterflies as ‘signs’
Yvonne Boylan said: “My little brother came to me as a butterfly when he died and has done since that day.

“I see them everywhere and now I have them tattooed on me so he’s with me for the rest of my life.”

Robins are often seen in the spiritual community as a symbol that loved ones are still there.

The Spiritual Centre website explains: “This bird is a visitor and as such should be appreciated as a welcome visitor bringing gifts, it is for you to interpret the gifts it brings.

“Someone recently passed may be showing you that you are being watched, maybe just letting you know that they still love you.”

Some comments have been edited for clarity or grammar.

Reactions: Wyote
Thank you both!
Though it’s technically tomorrow.
KGal, where in the hell did you find a magical white bull shooting the curl with a nymph on his back?
lol
You got that right! Us Taureans need to stick together! :D

Happy Birth Day to you! Muah!

a71c17e796ee9c3c04a68afda8577027.jpg

We Taureans are Magical! <3

Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
No worries about taking care of you first my friend ;) I can relate to that chronic pain thing, coupled with a host of other maladies. I generally tell folks, when they ask me what's wrong, that it takes less time and effort to tell what's going right, lol.

And...
:m176: happy birthday to you. I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow. Birthdays are an exciting time to celebrate yourself and your existence.
Enjoy and I wish you many more. ❤

You are too kind!
Gracias and Danke!
lol

You know, when I was signing up for Medicare from Medicaid I asked the lady what the copay would be for Lyrica, not that I take it, because my insurance never approved it to try. She actually started laughing...lololol.
Said, they would deny you and put you on Gabapentin (yuck) and then if you did get it it would be like $600 a month.
Anyhow...I appreciate the sentiment!

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
In my meditations yesterday I was feeling very at one with things.
I had good connections going on.
I only had time to meditate for an hour and 15 mins. but I had a very nice train of thoughts enter my head.

Thinking of my Father, missing him...I often talk to him in my meditations...so far, it’s been one-sided...lol.
Anyhow...thinking about all the times he has felt love toward me and my siblings or my Mom....he was creating a change in the energy of the electromagnetic field that is produced by the heart and the body in general.
That very tangible energy created by his feelings of love still exist in some form somewhere near or elsewhere in the universe.
I also felt that I was “the void”...in other words...I go to a place of nothingness often in my meditations...well this time, I became very aware that the void that is seemingly nowhere but also infinite was inside me, is me, is us all, as we are really connected to everything in the universe.
At any given moment of time you have billions of particles from space or elsewhere passing between the spaces of atoms in your body...from all directions...if we could see our particles and all those around us....it would be a very blurred line of where “we” start and where “we” end.

So that love that my Father showed me throughout my life when he was still alive - is still very much there...it will never end, it will never leave...it is a part of us all. The love energy we all create never ends....there is an actual measurable electromagnetic field our heart creates...this energy is constantly being produced and released into our world and universe by us and others.
We have a personal responsibility to make sure what we are putting out into the universe is filled with as much love and compassion as possible - because that energy will always exist...and it is also always there for us to tap into.
The love my Dad exuded is always here even if he is not.
You only need to realize it and let it into your own heart.

Yes! It's all inside of us...infinite boundless unconditional love. If we choose to.... we can radiate it outward from our heart centers into the space around us...and it affects everything.
It's wonderful to see you in this state of Being.

Yes! It's all inside of us...infinite boundless unconditional love. If we choose to.... we can radiate it outward from our heart centers into the space around us...and it affects everything.
It's wonderful to see you in this state of Being.

Yes...it’s great to reach that place...I’m getting better at maintaining it...and I can definitely feel it carry over into my waking life.
It’s been very helpful with the depression/anxiety that chronic pain signals eventually cause via overproduction of certain fight of flight neurochemicals.
I feel like that is much more under control now...I also feel that it has helped my pain levels on a significant level as well.
I was just telling my Son yesterday as he was so sure his Mom would ground him for forgetting to tell her that he had play practice on the same night as his piano lessons...so I said - Don’t expect her to ground you C, what you expect is what will come true more often than not...to which he said that she’s gonna still ground him...so I say - then just try to expect good things...it’s not a big deal to move your piano lesson, don’t focus on small things and worry about it all day at school...you don’t really know what will happen or how she will react, so expect everything to be fine...and it will be.
Anyhow, he didn’t get grounded.
We could all use a reminded to expect that what we want to happen - will happen...maybe not every time, but I bet it is more likely than if you expect negative results...you will get more negative reactions and react more negatively.
It’s difficult though in the world today to maintain that mindset.
I think that is why I really crave meditation now...it helps maintain that way of thinking and being.
Much love to you!
M

18157152_1450536378332072_332770439981226988_n.jpg

18118930_1395199057205293_6379915354795352306_n.jpg

17992147_1395179950540537_6992257085560068500_n.jpg

18010669_1387123058012893_2755364144085322395_n.jpg

Yes...it’s great to reach that place...I’m getting better at maintaining it...and I can definitely feel it carry over into my waking life.
It’s been very helpful with the depression/anxiety that chronic pain signals eventually cause via overproduction of certain fight of flight neurochemicals.
I feel like that is much more under control now...I also feel that it has helped my pain levels on a significant level as well.
I was just telling my Son yesterday as he was so sure his Mom would ground him for forgetting to tell her that he had play practice on the same night as his piano lessons...so I said - Don’t expect her to ground you C, what you expect is what will come true more often than not...to which he said that she’s gonna still ground him...so I say - then just try to expect good things...it’s not a big deal to move your piano lesson, don’t focus on small things and worry about it all day at school...you don’t really know what will happen or how she will react, so expect everything to be fine...and it will be.
Anyhow, he didn’t get grounded.
We could all use a reminded to expect that what we want to happen - will happen...maybe not every time, but I bet it is more likely than if you expect negative results...you will get more negative reactions and react more negatively.
It’s difficult though in the world today to maintain that mindset.
I think that is why I really crave meditation now...it helps maintain that way of thinking and being.
Much love to you!
M

Totally agree. A positive mindset, promotes positive actions. This is the only way to go imho. It's difficult when we're tired and or in pain, or afraid/stressed. But focusing on what we can realistically do, is far better than dwelling on what can go wrong.

18119224_10154458890276787_6492616913920359505_n.jpg

Normally I don’t post music videos on here, nor do I really listen to this genre of music either.
I did however, find this entertaining and smart and a bit strange...so I enjoyed it.

Reactions: Wyote

A friend was talking today about her near death experience on the operating table during surgery due to a severe reaction to the anesthesia. She was 'dead' for a lonnnng time. She said she could hear everything people were saying around her but she had a tube down her throat and couldn't move at all. Finally it was down to one nurse talking to her and urging her to come back...to come back. The nurse was saying "Come onnnn! You gotta help me out here!!!"....and my friend said she could feeeeeel the love emanating from the nurse for her like nothing she had ever felt before.

She said that helped her decide to come back. She also said it was when she connected with her Mentor Guide telepathically and the Being has been with her ever since. She has shared his conversations with us....and I hold a great deal of affection for both of them. <3 She too felt great love during that event.

I see astonishment and wonder in the countenance of the Monk when he speaks of surrendering to the Mother. I almost cried I felt such a huge rush of love for him. We are connecting with Divine Feminine in amazing ways.

@Serenity

A friend was talking today about her near death experience on the operating table during surgery due to a severe reaction to the anesthesia. She was 'dead' for a lonnnng time. She said she could hear everything people were saying around her but she had a tube down her throat and couldn't move at all. Finally it was down to one nurse talking to her and urging her to come back...to come back. The nurse was saying "Come onnnn! You gotta help me out here!!!"....and my friend said she could feeeeeel the love emanating from the nurse for her like nothing she had ever felt before.

She said that helped her decide to come back. She also said it was when she connected with her Mentor Guide telepathically and the Being has been with her ever since. She has shared his conversations with us....and I hold a great deal of affection for both of them. <3 She too felt great love during that event.

I see astonishment and wonder in the countenance of the Monk when he speaks of surrendering to the Mother. I almost cried I felt such a huge rush of love for him. We are connecting with Divine Feminine in amazing ways.

@Serenity

Wow...that’s a really powerful experience!
It’s amazing how many correlations there are between NDEs, an overwhelming feeling of love is one of them.
Yes...it’s interesting that he felt the divine Mother...and the great expression of surrender of all.
Must have been such a fantastic thing to experience...I get excited sometimes when I think of leaving this shell...whenever that time is, not rushing things.
;)

How Empaths Can Set Boundaries with Narcissists

Taking Your Power Back – Releasing the Judgments of Others: A–Z of Energy Series

13077073_1252665638084882_5875924013087058000_n.jpg