"Mercurial nature" ? | INFJ Forum

"Mercurial nature" ?

ec3khrl

Community Member
Jul 18, 2009
MBTI
ENTP
I have been reading this book a number of times, there is a sentence I still don't quite understand :

"......others can experience the ENTP as alternately seductive, impatient, and indifferent, and such type are not above intimidating people with the mercurial nature of their mind."

Any thoughts about the "intimidating" and "mercurial nature" ?

How would that come to intimidate people ?
What kind of intimidation ?

"Mercurial nature"? How?

And is that true ENTP appear "alternately seductive, impatient, and indifferent" to others?

I am hoping for your views or interpretations on these, any would be helpful because I don't have a single clue. Thanks~
icon11.gif

A youtube search for "entp" doesn't yield anything to be intimidated by. Too much goofy.

I think the unpredictability can make some people nervous though ... at least until they learn how to predict the unpredictability.

Our avatars should hug.

Doctor: It's normal to have an erection.
Mr Jones: I don't have an erection.
Doctor: No, I do.

Yea, I am intimidated.

EEK THEY ARE LOOKING AT ME!

I have been reading this book a number of times, there is a sentence I still don't quite understand :

"......others can experience the ENTP as alternately seductive, impatient, and indifferent, and such type are not above intimidating people with the mercurial nature of their mind."

Any thoughts about the "intimidating" and "mercurial nature" ?

How would that come to intimidate people ?
What kind of intimidation ?

"Mercurial nature"? How?

And is that true ENTP appear "alternately seductive, impatient, and indifferent" to others?

I am hoping for your views or interpretations on these, any would be helpful because I don't have a single clue. Thanks~
icon11.gif

hmm yeah i could see how entps would be described like that. intimidating because of their mercurial nature; they're unpredictable, and therefore you don't really know where you stand with them. it can be intimidating in the sense that you're not sure whether what you say is going to get a laugh from them, disdain, or be dismissed entirely. independent to the max, entps are.

could some one explain what mercurial means.

Mercurial: quick and changeable. Like mercury, the element, and the god, and the planet. If they tried to intimidate you, they'd soon get bored and change their minds! :-D

(Also a subtext of being somewhat naughty/mischevious.)

I am not sure how a person could be both intimidating and mercurial -- seems they could intimidate you, but only briefly. (?)

They get intimidating after you get tired of saying "OH DEAR GOD!"

hmm yeah i could see how entps would be described like that. intimidating because of their mercurial nature; they're unpredictable, and therefore you don't really know where you stand with them. it can be intimidating in the sense that you're not sure whether what you say is going to get a laugh from them, disdain, or be dismissed entirely. independent to the max, entps are.

ohoh i get it thanks !

Everytime I see a Shai Gar post, I jump in my seat a little.

Ah it all makes sense, the Joker an ENTP. Yes.