Media Fearmongering Of Coronavirus | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Media Fearmongering Of Coronavirus

Takes notice of the huge amounts of rage comments posted on Australian news channels regarding covid, social distancing, and everyone's favorite lock downs then looks up the mbti statistics then go I didn't realize that they were THAT extroverted. In short the massive amounts of moaning that makes even the likes of America much less anywhere else really look normal by comparison. I do feel bad when some log their channels seeing a never ending supply of hate mail. Oh well a little social distancing never really hurts that much and what is wrong with having family time this year when every year prior was consumed by endless work for what amounted to just above broke and a middle class life style on credit. The normalcy bias in the west is just beyond absurdity on every level.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Reason
Density is a big factor
I second this.

The cities that have the highest cases and deaths here in the Philippines also have the highest urban densities. I think it has something to do with the transmission. its transfer patterns seem to be similar to tubercolosis, so the more and the longer people live and breathe in the same space, the more chances of spread. So it's not exactly a lock down that's more necessary, social distancing is. Oh and seesh, keeping the mouth shut.

Come to think of it, it seems like a good premise to a movie similar to A Quiet Place. :grimacing:

the more and the longer people live and breathe in the same space, the more chances of spread.

Yep. I'm sure a mathematician could determine the probability of transmission vs. density of an area... I would think that at some point, it wouldn't matter, like if a place is sufficiently dense, then making it more dense wouldn't significantly increase the odds of transmission, since it's so high... but places with really low population density probably aren't going to have as big of a problem, especially if people don't congregate in huge groups like idiots. I remember living in a town in which you could go to the grocery store and not really have to be near anyone, so being in a crowd was pretty much voluntary.

making it more dense
By this you mean making it more dense as in adding people or just space, or both?

I remember living in a town in which you could go to the grocery store and not really have to be near anyone, so being in a crowd was pretty much voluntary.
Yes. There is one famous tourist island here that's noted for quiet and expansive hills--- the island is CoVID19 free.

but places with really low population density probably aren't going to have as big of a problem
So this is for sure.

At one point, someone actually suggested to put the covid cases in a cruise ship which was really funny to me because I duno. Just funny.

Reactions: noisebloom
Oh, I was referring to population density, so more people in the same square area.
Ah yes. That would be interesting. Herd immunity. I'm not sure how much of a determinant biological factors would be though. I don't know if that study about blood types and susceptibility to the virus is hoax at all but human bodies are fascinating little planets so predicting the odds of this would most definitely be a challenge.