Media Fearmongering Of Coronavirus | INFJ Forum

Media Fearmongering Of Coronavirus

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/
Screenshot_20200528-173857~2.png

Edit:
It's interesting that Sweden and the Netherlands aren't at the top of the chart listed by deaths per million considering they've done less in some ways to lockdown. Death toll per capita seems to have more to do with the percentage of elderly people, obese people, and people with pre existing conditions.

wtf happened to Belgium
Diabetes?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I for one am grateful to Oregon's governor for taking a slow and science based approach to "opening the economy"..over 100,000dead, and climbing. States that have opened prematurely are showing a rise in cases. There is still no plan in place to manage the outbreak . . a vaccine is months away and will likely be rushed into use before proper testing. . people are "tired of it" so they are not following even the simplest of guidelines. . .so, soon we will be right back where it all began

Reactions: Asa
Thank you.

I don't even talk about the virus anymore and will walk away from conversations when it gets brought up because everyone is so plugged into the news media fear mongering machine that they don't even look at facts. If it doesn't meet their agenda they don't want to hear it or they used emotional arguments to justify a total overreaction of the global government.

Reactions: Pin and Reason
Thank you.

I don't even talk about the virus anymore and will walk away from conversations when it gets brought up because everyone is so plugged into the news media fear mongering machine that they don't even look at facts. If it doesn't meet their agenda they don't want to hear it or they used emotional arguments to justify a total overreaction of the global government.
Yeah after all this is over and 98 percent of the country isn't dead I doubt anyone is going to go back and re-check which sources were reliable. They should though. It should be learned and remembered so we can't be bullshitted again in future. But there's a momentum to the news cycle- no reflection, just hopping onto the next story.

I for one am grateful to Oregon's governor for taking a slow and science based approach to "opening the economy"..over 100,000dead, and climbing. States that have opened prematurely are showing a rise in cases. There is still no plan in place to manage the outbreak . . a vaccine is months away and will likely be rushed into use before proper testing. . people are "tired of it" so they are not following even the simplest of guidelines. . .so, soon we will be right back where it all began
What did you think of the article?

Reactions: slant
What did you think of the article?
oh I agree with it's basic premise. . however, the reason cases slowed was initial distancing and shut downs. .and even with that, 100,00 are dead. mark my words, cases will rise shortly as we disregard advice given by science. there is only one virus eradicated, small pox. . others have been held at bay, but we dont know much about this one yet, and taking a victory lap is way too soon

Reactions: Gaze and Wyote
oh I agree with it's basic premise. . however, the reason cases slowed was initial distancing and shut downs. .and even with that, 100,00 are dead. mark my words, cases will rise shortly as we disregard advice given by science. there is only one virus eradicated, small pox. . others have been held at bay, but we dont know much about this one yet, and taking a victory lap is way too soon
Aren't the number of cases going to rise regardless when more and more testing becomes available?

Seems like a statistical artefact of regionalism. Take the worst-hit Belgium sized region of any larger country and you'll see similar numbers (e.g. the North of England or New York).

Lol yeah, I was kind of joking

Wouldn't a scared population slow down the spread anyway, though?

Reactions: Reason