MBTI on the Corporate World | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

MBTI on the Corporate World

i would never hire an sfj estj or sp. Every one else gets am alignment test and interviewed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you think it's alright for companies to rely on the MBTI to hire employees based on the results that prospective employees get?

At the end I had to quit because I was constantly being told by my managers that I lied on the test but apparantly they still liked how I worked but I wasn't happy with it so ended up quitting.

So what do you think?

I think it is funny that they think you lied on the test. Did they think that they would get to know you by a 100 question test? Man we have really gotten to a point that we just don't want to get to know anyone anymore. And people have facebook accounts with loads of friends on them. I often wonder if any of these people ever see each other outside of the computer screen.
I think it is wrong for companies to use mtbi testing it's discrimination in the end because you are only looking for certain people to do a job. I think people should use testing to help them find a better job maybe even one that is actually fulfilling.

A good early indicator of who not to work for.

word its the same thing as discriminating on disability or ethnicity or race. end of story.

That is seriously like a punishment for me.

Under no circumstances, will I ever work as a janitor, or wash dishes. Ever. Period.
Yeah, I'm with you on the punishment part. Don't ever do either of the jobs, they're horrible. I only put up with it because I need the money

I agree: It's discriminatory to hire one based on MBTI. First, it's not set in stone. Anyone can perceive themselves to be someone they aren't, and if they've taken the test enough times they can "guess" at the answers. Second, no one is compartmentalized. We're all unique, even within our traits. We're not die-hard one group or another, and we can be on the edge of various traits. And heaven help us if we're stressed out and we type incorrectly.

Thirdly...really. It's whoever can do the best job with the best skill level in a particular work environment. If you can't figure out who someone is in an interview, then you need additional help. Certainly more help than the MBTI can give you.

Reactions: 54192&#cmy
I think it is funny that they think you lied on the test. Did they think that they would get to know you by a 100 question test? Man we have really gotten to a point that we just don't want to get to know anyone anymore. And people have facebook accounts with loads of friends on them. I often wonder if any of these people ever see each other outside of the computer screen.
I think it is wrong for companies to use mtbi testing it's discrimination in the end because you are only looking for certain people to do a job. I think people should use testing to help them find a better job maybe even one that is actually fulfilling.

YUP.

Besides nowadays people are pretty much aware of the benefits offered by a workforce of diversed backgrounds, knowledge and personalities.

Some just have to insist on going backwards, and think they are making progress ironically.