MBTI Help | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

MBTI Help

To me that sounds like Fi and Ne playing together, hidden intense emotions with the ability to empathize with others, putting yourself in their shoes and understanding their being. How often do "what ifs" occur in your head?

Oh I see where this is going. *puts on Barry White*

Oh patricky i always look forward to your comments, they make my day:p
Maybe you should get a girl to play guitar with.. best of both worlds:D
If i were to name mine i think i might go with ... Xena and Gabrielle... i'm sure you can figure out which is saying what... but in the end they just make out and become one!....i'm still waiting on that part

I posted my previous comment before I saw your reply. Now I need to go get a towel.

To me that sounds like Fi and Ne playing together, hidden intense emotions with the ability to empathize with others, putting yourself in their shoes and understanding their being. How often do "what ifs" occur in your head?

Yes i feel the need to help people constantly, except when it wears me out and i need to hide away and reenergize..which is fairly often, but then i still feel horrible for not helping people..even though i know i'm no good to them until my batteries are recharged.

I can't say that "what ifs" ever really occur... not enough to notice them... it's more about possibilities to me. What ifs are about the past.. and i don't live there anymore.. i did a lot up until very recently. Now it's more about... "if i do this...what will happen.... or if i do that...what will happen." so they are still ifs... but more focused on the future. I wish i could live in the present more, i really do envy that in my istp friend/bf!

I posted my previous comment before I saw your reply. Now I need to go get a towel.

There are so many things i'd like to say to this... but they just don't seem appropriate:p

Yes i feel the need to help people constantly, except when it wears me out and i need to hide away and reenergize..which is fairly often, but then i still feel horrible for not helping people..even though i know i'm no good to them until my batteries are recharged.

I can't say that "what ifs" ever really occur... not enough to notice them... it's more about possibilities to me. What ifs are about the past.. and i don't live there anymore.. i did a lot up until very recently. Now it's more about... "if i do this...what will happen.... or if i do that...what will happen." so they are still ifs... but more focused on the future. I wish i could live in the present more, i really do envy that in my istp friend/bf!

Helping people would actually correlate to Fe in most cases, which links to creating social connections. That is, unless your motivation is that you feel bad because you aren't helping enough. The guilt you feel for not helping more would correlate to Fi.

Using "What ifs" was probably a bad way of wording it. In my mind, Extraverted Intuition's questioning would apply more to the present time and short term future, assuming I am understanding the cognitive process properly. It would look at patterns as they relate to something in the present, to understand the big picture of the present state of something.

Why did a person _______? Why do you think they designed ________ this way? What was going through their head when _______ happened? Why do my emotions function the way they do?

Last edited:
Oh I see where this is going. *puts on Barry White*

Patricky, I didn't know you felt this way about me! *Slips into something more comfortable*

Helping people would actually correlate to Fe in most cases, which links to creating social connections. That is, unless your motivation is that you feel bad because you aren't helping enough. The guilt you feel for not helping more would correlate to Fi.

Using "What ifs" was probably a bad way of wording it. In my mind, Extraverted Intuition's questioning would apply more to the present time and short term future, assuming I am understanding the cognitive process properly. It would look at patterns as they relate to something in the present, to understand the big picture of the present state of something.

Why did a person _______? Why do you think they designed ________ this way? What was going through their head when _______ happened? Why do my emotions function the way they do?

No i do not think that my motivation is feeling bad, that's just a biproduct... but i'm not one to create many social connections...few and far between, but those i create i invest much time and energy into.. and helping is part of the process. When i invite a person into my life... i care about them fully and whole heartedly. Though at the same time i have a tendency to hold them up to standards they are bound not to achieve. I suck like that...heh.

Those questions above are much more me than the "what if" secenario i had thought about. I question everything, but i keep most of it to myself. I like to know the reasoning or theory behind everything, including myself..in fact most importantly myself.

Patricky, I didn't know you felt this way about me! *Slips into something more comfortable*

John as soon as you uttered those three words in chat the other day, I knew I didn't have a chance.

"N T P"

No i do not think that my motivation is feeling bad, that's just a biproduct... but i'm not one to create many social connections...few and far between, but those i create i invest much time and energy into.. and helping is part of the process. When i invite a person into my life... i care about them fully and whole heartedly. Though at the same time i have a tendency to hold them up to standards they are bound not to achieve. I suck like that...heh.

Those questions above are much more me than the "what if" secenario i had thought about. I question everything, but i keep most of it to myself. I like to know the reasoning or theory behind everything, including myself..in fact most importantly myself.

To me that leans more towards Fi+Ne. Anyone else have an opinion?

John as soon as you uttered those three words in chat the other day, I knew I didn't have a chance.

"N T P"

I always dreamt this moment would come. Give me your brain. I MUST DISSECT!

:m179:

ISTPs are extreme badasses.
They make awesome roomies, and I think they might be my favorite type for chilling with.

Which would be leaning towards which type?

If it was in that order, Fi Ne would point towards INFP

Ne Fi would point towards ENFP.

If you take things at face value and don't attach much meaning to anything or don't look for patterns then that would suggest you use sensing more than intuition.

ISTPs are extreme badasses.
They make awesome roomies, and I think they might be my favorite type for chilling with.

I think that's why i've got the mad hots for my ISTP..

If it was in that order, Fi Ne would point towards INFP

Ne Fi would point towards ENFP.

If you take things at face value and don't attach much meaning to anything or don't look for patterns then that would suggest you use sensing more than intuition.

No i attach meaning to everything! I'm always looking for what's under the surface.. i always analyze and reanalyze anything and everything said to the point it almost drives me mad... i'm workin' on it tho!:p

That depends, do you have any power tools?

Depends on what you mean by power tools:p

Here's how I informally described the functions to one of my friends. I see you've had a good number of posts explaining other stuff, so... here! I'm obviously impartial towards Ni.

N: Abstractness
Ni - Great insights out of nowhere, a great sea of awesome
Ne - Ever more and more random tangents, somehow linked (however loosely)

T: Rationality
Ti - Ever more and more refined definitions of everyanything
Te - Imposing order on everyanything, laws, theories, and structures

F: Moral Right
Fi - A complex system of internal values, hard to define or pin down
Fe - A moral compass based on social feedback, requires balancing of influences

S: Concreteness
Si - An extensive catalogue of past events and sensations, pull a previously learned fact out of nowhere
Se - Enraptured by the five senses, great perception of the present

Let me know if any of you guys have refinements, because this basically represents my personal view of the functions atm.

Edit: Wow, just read the rest of the thread I blatantly posted over. I'm not so sure my post is relevant anymore, haha! You guys are funny. :p

Last edited:
*reads rest of thread*
Meh...
Watching people talk about MBTI functions is like listening to Tom Cruise use Scientology lingo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0"]YouTube- Tom Cruise Scientology Video - ( Original UNCUT )[/ame]

*reads rest of thread*
Meh...
Watching people talk about MBTI functions is like listening to Tom Cruise use Scientology lingo.

YouTube- Tom Cruise Scientology Video - ( Original UNCUT )

I don't understand!!!, seriously had to quit watching a minute in.

off topic but now neccesary, What is scientology the study of

----------------------------------------------------------------
Back on topic, I still don't understand intuition. I use it but don't understand it. can Anybody give me a good straight definition

Last edited:
I don't understand!!!, seriously had to quit watching a minute in.

off topic but now neccesary, What is scientology the study of

It's an institute that claims they have the answer to our problems, but it's actually just one big scam to get money from their believers.