MBTI according to Linda Berens | INFJ Forum

MBTI according to Linda Berens

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by Morgain, Aug 8, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Morgain
  1. Morgain

Morgain defective wisdom
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ again
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I came across this MBTi writer. She has written her book around the testimonials off people who are a clear example of there type. By this she doesn't built up her theory on her own perception (and therefore not always unbiased) ont he type but she let tell the people themselves in there own words what it is to be them and that I think is a interesting way of getting to know the types much better

for everyone who is interested, a part of her descriptions are written on this site
    http://www.bestfittype.com/infp.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    enfp can be shy likes this.
  2. KazeCraven

KazeCraven Graduated from Typology : May 2011
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    IEI
    Enneagram:
    6w5 sp/sx
    I actually have the book that that description comes from. I like Linda Berens's approach because it is integrative and holistic. She asks you to read descriptions about what it's like being each of the 16 types to see which one you most identify with. Of course, being that it is rather anectodal, it does have some considerable downsides to it for those who want to delve further. I'd really only recommend it for someone who is having difficulty figuring out their own type, rather than for typing others or learning more about what it means to be a specific type.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    Morgain

Morgain defective wisdom
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ again
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    this is a compilation on how each type interacts with others in a work context, written in there won words. It is very interesting!
    for me reading testimonials in there own "language" makes it much easier to place myself in there shoes. And also to type people in my environment because I have this reaction "oh god, this guy talks exactly like my collegue at work" :D

4. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    The INFP description is ok. I am concerned how others feel when I am around them... even when it has nothing to do with me or they don't even know I'm paying attention.. and the concern is insignificant.
    I am occasionally overcome with feelings of warmth and caring and well-wishing for strangers and I couldn't even tell you what brings those on.

I despise inconsistency and hypocrisy in myself and others.. but I use metaphors and sarcasm to veil myself when I'm expected to give an answer I don't feel like sharing.

5. VH

VH Variable Hybrid

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    This site was one of the many that made me consider that I was an ENFJ

6. enfp can be shy

enfp can be shy people vs the bad people?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    enfp
    Enneagram:
    -
    This is great, thank you, Morgain! Here is also some self-description of an ISTP:

I think I relate to all the NFP/STJ to some extent. Or rather, I see very very well the point of INFP and ESTJ the same way they do, but would not emphasize it the same way, and probably approach it indirectly, by metaphors and such.

#6 enfp can be shy, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  7. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Meh, the ENTP one seems stupid.

8. 88chaz88

88chaz88 Back for a limited time only
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    9w1

9. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    i was kinda meh about the intp one until i got to the last sentence:

that's totally me.

10. VH

VH Variable Hybrid

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    Hehe. There are so many directions to take this. My feeble Ne can't pick one.

11. arbygil

arbygil Passing through

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Berens is definitely one of my favorites. I have most of the books from the Best Fit type series. If you're ever not sure of type and you've gone too far in the morass of overkill, they're good basic books to have.

Now, are they complete? I don't think so, because i think they do raise some dichotomies. But the book can help you explore more if you ever feel "between" one or more types.