Materialism as a cult | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Materialism as a cult

Psychiatry is a materialist enterprise, and labels (when it can) spirituality as a symptom of mental illness.

As such, we patients repress the spiritual in ourselves, and become legitimately mentally ill. It's backwards.

Reactions: Sandie33
Materialism...

I think that the taste of most people is gaudy and low-brow. People buy the most elaborate variations of casual clothing, it's awful. Our standards are so low and it reflects in what we eat, how we live, and the way in which we treat each other.

I believe that materialism could be a force for good in the world. If people demanded better goods, a greater push to supply them would occur. The production of amazing products necessitates human well-being and flourishing.

Shitty products and service follow from a world with such a huge variance in people's dignity, welfare, and well-being.

View attachment 45590
Materialism...

I think that the taste of most people is gaudy and low-brow. People buy the most elaborate variations of casual clothing, it's awful. Our standards are so low and it reflects in what we eat, how we live, and the way in which we treat each other.

I believe that materialism could be a force for good in the world. If people demanded better goods, a greater push to supply them would occur. The production of amazing products necessitates human well-being and flourishing.

Shitty products and service follow from a world with such a huge variance in people's dignity, welfare, and well-being.

Just think of a world in which we all dressed like French Marshals.:hearteyes:

Reactions: Ren and Wyote
20181104_062207-jpg.45590

He is a product of power relations, too.

I believe that materialism could be a force for good in the world.

michel-foucault-257x300.jpg

Materialism...

I think that the taste of most people is gaudy and low-brow. People buy the most elaborate variations of casual clothing, it's awful.

Why is that aweful? Buying beautiful clothes is no different than buying beautiful art for your home.