Mass Shooting of Children - WTF?!?! | INFJ Forum

Mass Shooting of Children - WTF?!?!

This would never have happened if those children had been allowed to carry and conceal.

[MENTION=4283]alice144[/MENTION], this is what Evil looks like.

Reactions: alice144
No morals, no guidance, no respect for human life. Our children are being forced to grow up in an environment where they don't have a safe place.

To those mentally disturbed terrorists: Just stay home and shoot yourselves!!

To all of those with children, hug your babies extra tight tonight...

Watched some coverage of it while in the break room on lunch.
I now sit at my desk with underlying tears wanting to come out.

Kids man! Little kindergartners!
Fuck....

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Such people are likely INFJs. (Just saying)

-Jah

PS Thumb me down as you wish but it is not meant in any personal way. We INFJs are not all the same, you should know that. I'm not pinning such crimes to INFJs but only am saying that there is a tendency for INFJs to turn to such 'big' crimes (As described in a future post). Learn to take a Joke. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: gd65h8as7
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]

Adymus said:
The Destroyer of worlds:

“Why me, because it's my revenge on this robotic society, because someone has to do it.”

The adversarial nature and discontent with society, is natural for the INFJs. However, at times, their adversarial worldview can become so strong that it turns to hatred, and the point of view that humans are just too stupid to live up to what they think they should live up to. The worse cases are when INFJs are also not in touch with their Fe. Their Ni will continue growing, and their Ti will make sense of it, but because they never get that push back for Fe, their worldview just becomes more and more detached and distorted from reality. This only perpetuates their hatred, because at the times they do try to articulate their distorted worldview, they are met with resistance from other people. Which leads them to a perspective that is no humans are worth saving, they are all just mindless idiots. Obviously these are very extreme cases, but make no mistake; they do exist, and have always existed. The Destroyers might even gain enough power to lead their own revolution, but it will be a revolution of hatred, destruction, and death. These kinds of INFJ also make some of the best villains in fiction, which everyone mistakes for INTJs on the forums. Apparently evil = T.

Fictional Examples: The Joker (Batman), Rorschach (The Watchmen), Tyler Durden (Fight Club), Light Yagami (Deathnote)
Real-Life Examples: GG Allin, Hitler (More controversy time!)

Due to thumbs down, I will clarify something for your sake.
This is an example of which an INFJ could develop into being. Just an EXAMPLE, so what is the fuzz? Did I say your name? No. A MBTI type is a mere example an INFJ could develop into being, we still are all different. ..

Last edited:

So on the basis of a piece that adymus wrote you are besmirching all INFJ's by associating that personality type with this horrific crime?

I think you're very far off the mark concerning what forces are behind this event

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I think that is probably the most asinine and typist thing I've seen on any MBTI forum [MENTION=6689]Jah[/MENTION]. If I thought you sucked as a person and had a terrible personality, I wouldn't blame it on your type but on YOU as a person.

[MENTION=1355]MindYourHead[/MENTION] [MENTION=3096]HeartLess[/MENTION] [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]

Wow guys!? I think you misinterpreted me a little...
The type that Adymus wrote of was an exemplary subtype an INFJ could develop into being.
Also, if we would differentiate between the types, INFJs are the strongest as a person when it comes to Worldview as we have Ni as our lead function, so it's rational to say there is some sort of tendency for SOME INFJs to turn to hatred as we live in an irrational society. If I would claim a type to be superiour, it would be INFJ (nonetheless I myself am an INFJ as well). So I do not get the hatred I'm getting now? But well, unintentionally I do am... An INFJerk. But once again, CMON guys?! You have Ni as your lead function. You should be able to deal with critics as a critic is a perspective and Ni deals with allowance to change perspective.. Instead, to put me off like that, is IMO very judgmental and taken personally while it was not meant in ANY personal way. :(:(
-Jah

Last edited:
Reactions: MindYourHead
The type that Adymus wrote of was an exemplary subtype an INFJ could develop into being.
Also, if we would differentiate between the types, INFJs are the strongest as a person when it comes to Worldview as we have Ni as our lead function, so it's rational to say there is some sort of tendency for SOME INFJs to turn to hatred as we live in an irrational society. If I would claim a type to be superiour, it would be INFJ (nonetheless I myself am an INFJ as well). So I do not get the hatred I'm getting now? But well, unintentionally I do am... An INFJerk.

-Jah

Just came across as a blanket statement is all.

Reactions: Nixie
Also, if we would differentiate between the types, INFJs are the strongest as a person when it comes to Worldview as we have Ni as our lead function, so it's rational to say there is some sort of tendency for SOME INFJs to turn to hatred as we live in an irrational society. If I would claim a type to be superiour, it would be INFJ (nonetheless I myself am an INFJ as well). So I do not get the hatred I'm getting now? But well, unintentionally I do am... An INFJerk. But once again, CMON guys?! You have Ni as your lead function. You should be able to deal with critics as a critic is a perspective and Ni deals with allowance to change perspective..

-Jah

I think that trying to pin this crime on INFJ's is pretty shabby. But I'm used to INFJ haters coming here trying to bash INFJ's, I see it a fair bit

Honestly? I'm going to burn plenty of bridges by saying this to anyone I know, but my reaction to this is "Meh. I don't care..." and it's taken me a while to get to the point where I can say that, but here it is.

Attachment is the key to all suffering. While, sure, I feel sympathy for the family and loved ones affected by this, the lives of the victims are over. They've continued with the next stage in the cycle of existence (heaven, limbo, reincarnation, etc.) and have nothing to fear, hate, etc.

The family members have every right to feel sorry and get upset; they're the ones who were attached to the victims. As a person, I can relate so I sympathize with them, but it ends there.

People going on and on about this are the ones asking things like, "How can anyone do this?" and that's also a form of attachment - ego and pride. Getting an idea that people are better than this, incapable of this and so on; painting an ideal picture of what humanity is and then becoming attached to that ideal. When something like this happens, it wounds their pride and deflates their ego a notch.

Remove yourself from that attachment and an incident like this is just another act by a person who was also suffering from the same pain caused by some form of attachment - jealousy, anger, rage, or whatever the emotion. In other words, there's no surprise that a person is capable of this.

If I have no ideal standards of behavior for humans that I've attached myself to, then I can't be upset by them not holding to those standards and an event like this become just another side effect of the suffering that already surrounds us.

I'll do everything I can to avoid causing people and animals anywhere to suffer on a large scale, but when an act like this occurs, obsessing about it is just wasted energy that can be used to continue to prevent suffering to others.

Honestly? I'm going to burn plenty of bridges by saying this to anyone I know, but my reaction to this is "Meh. I don't care..." and it's taken me a while to get to the point where I can say that, but here it is.

Attachment is the key to all suffering. While, sure, I feel sympathy for the family and loved ones affected by this, the lives of the victims are over. They've continued with the next stage in the cycle of existence (heaven, limbo, reincarnation, etc.) and have nothing to fear, hate, etc.

The family members have every right to feel sorry and get upset; they're the ones who were attached to the victims. As a person, I can relate so I sympathize with them, but it ends there.

People going on and on about this are the ones asking things like, "How can anyone do this?" and that's also a form of attachment - ego and pride. Getting an idea that people are better than this, incapable of this and so on; painting an ideal picture of what humanity is and then becoming attached to that ideal. When something like this happens, it wounds their pride and deflates their ego a notch.

Remove yourself from that attachment and an incident like this is just another act by a person who was also suffering from the same pain caused by some form of attachment - jealousy, anger, rage, or whatever the emotion. In other words, there's no surprise that a person is capable of this.

If I have no ideal standards of behavior for humans that I've attached myself to, then I can't be upset by them not holding to those standards and an event like this become just another side effect of the suffering that already surrounds us.

I agree that no amount of shock or outrage does anything to stop this sort of thing happening again

The only thing that can help prevent it is an honest appraisal of why it is happening

To derail further, yea...I thought "wah".

I think that there was evidence that truly disturbed people, like someone who would go to an elementary school and kill small children is disturbed, are impossible to type anyway. As a self-reporting tool, the respondents answers could not be accurately gauged as reliable and a good indicator of function.

You should not expect that a type that is senstive to "inequality" and "unfairness" wouldn't be offended by the statement you made. From a logical standpoint, I found your comments to be rude with no other purpose than to be inflammatory. My intuition tells me you were looking for a rise out the members and that your "golly gee willakers, why are people mad" attitude is contrived.

I'll do everything I can to avoid causing people and animals anywhere to suffer on a large scale, but when an act like this occurs, obsessing about it is just wasted energy that can be used to continue to prevent suffering to others.

So you will tell the parents that lost their children "Get over it, it's just an attachment?!"...are you fuckin serious?? Obsessing over the murder of your child is a wasted energy??

I am amazed at the insensitivity on this thread....really fucked up. If you don't care; don't spread your insenstivity or try to rationalize a human loss that probably only a parent can feel and perhaps never recover from.

As to your statement [MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION]

I think that everyone is attached to some degree and it doesn't have anything to do with ego. Some people are capable of attaching to others via an ideal of "we are all in this together" rather than a narrower "I am only attached to those I personally know and care about' level. We are social creatures by nature..there is a bit of hive mentaltiy and herd mentality at play sure...but for the most part, we respond to the pain of others because we surround ourselves by others and have empathy.

The social contract principle says we should have ideals of human behavior. To succumb to the idea that we should all do as we please and not be bothered with brutality and outrages is the worst form of apathy I can think of.