Male INFJ vs. Female INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Male INFJ vs. Female INFJ

hmmmm I have never known an INFJ male IRL...But I have known PLENTY of females...I really enjoy the company of other INFJ's and here I only know of the males online...Really I have a hard time distinguishing differences in the gender, I see everyone as INFJ...perhaps that is a sort of tunnel vision...But observations...The male of the species seem to have a harder time feeling worthy of female attention, even though they are the sweetest, most caring, and most attentive individuals...*shrug* I stink at this...

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I don't think INFJ's are more gay than any other feeler types (propably more to
do with the background of person and the testosterone levels) Fe is not just
all about feelings it's also a judging function that's focused on hierarchy, authority,
social roles and creating connections. Fe can also be very masculine, watch
ENFJ's when someone is threatening their position and social status :D It's true that
Fe looks very different in IxFJ's than in ExFJ's. For extroverted FJ it's dominant,
heroic and the most conscious function, for introvert it's auxiliary function and used
mostly to help and balance oneself and other's.
I think INFJ men's are more likely to develop more Ti and ENFJ males to develop
Se to balance it out, while NF females are better suited with the societys expectations.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think infjs tend to have a bit of an androgynous quality on the whole. While most infj girls probably appear quite feminine, there's something not quite "girly girl" about us. You know? Maybe I'm just speaking for myself and a few other girls I've interacted with or felt a familiarity with. I don't know, 80% of my wardrobe consists of pretty pretty dresses, but its almost like my hyper femininity is like tongue in cheek. I'm kind of tomboyish, really. And don't have much in common with the majority of girls. Hee,I'm like a drag queen.

I'm INFJ male and I don't act tough, I just am tough. When people first meet me they assume i'm a softy but as they get to know me they learn I'm a tough dude with lots of heart. I am docile and have very little aggression but at the same time there is no flight in my personality, only fight. I think it may be related to my life as a collegian wrestler. It really taught me to fear nobody.

As for INFJ females, there is a universe inside every one. Thats what I love about INFJ females.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Yeah, I think infjs tend to have a bit of an androgynous quality on the whole. While most infj girls probably appear quite feminine, there's something not quite "girly girl" about us. You know? Maybe I'm just speaking for myself and a few other girls I've interacted with or felt a familiarity with. I don't know, 80% of my wardrobe consists of pretty pretty dresses, but its almost like my hyper femininity is like tongue in cheek. I'm kind of tomboyish, really. And don't have much in common with the majority of girls. Hee,I'm like a drag queen.

I am the same so it is not just you...I like to get down and dirty and play in a car engine, and then shower and dress to go to a nice dinner...Give me dirt, give me grime, or give me gilded jewels sublime :D

To touch a little on the homosexuality issue...I had my time with women...I still like women...but I love a man...I could go either way...

I'm a straight male INFJ and I was teased and bullied as the quiet, sensitive "wussy" boy. In high school I was constantly being accused of being gay.

*Grumble* so maybe that's why all the attractive females I know are merely content to regale me with stories about OTHER guys that they are dating. :m080:
This problem was particularly annoying for me. Eventually I asked them to stop. They asked why, I refused to answer, and I think that alone was enough for them to figure it out. (and perhaps a little embarrassing for me.)

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
there is no flight in my personality, only fight.

I can relate to this. When it comes to someone being physically aggressive I tend to take charge of the situation very quickly and deal with it. My father taught me that skill. He is an INTJ, but he grew up in Jersey City and learned to fight with a broken nose. The sudden burst and change in my tone is usually enough to scare away an opponent.

Last edited:
I think there is a lot of social conditioning of guys to be a certain way

Personally if i see something as empty or pointless then i will discard it even if it means not following the herd. For example: football.

Football is like the male lingua franca....it is the default which male conversations often fall back on when other subjects run dry.

I hate that moment when some guy asks me 'so what team do you support?' and i have to say 'i don't really follow sport'; i can almost watch the cogs turn in their little brain as they try and process this information which is conflicting with their basic programming

I'm sure the inner workings of their brain at this point run something like this: 'But he is a man', 'men like football', 'he does not like football, yet he is a man', 'how can this be?', 'there must be something wrong with him'......danger, danger......short circuit

Personally i think watching football is like watching paint dry. I have gravitated towards people who don't talk about football and have interesting things to say

The times i have been unhappy in my life are the times i have tried to be something i'm not or tried to fit someone elses idea of what i should be doing

One thing i have found out about guys is that the toughest guys are often not the loud mouthed, swaggering guys who are full of bravado; these usually buckle when push comes to shove; often the toughest guys are the quieter, softly spoken guys who have mental toughness and inner reserves of strength to draw on.

Also i think a lot of people mistake sensitivity for weakness. This is an error and depth of feeling can often create a core of steel

As for other people's sexual preference...i really couldn't give a shit

I have heard it said that INFJ's often stick up for the underdog. Perhaps INFJ males have felt distinctly different all their lives and even if they operate ok within the herd they can still sympathise with any group of people who are isolated

I think there is a lot of social conditioning of guys to be a certain way

girls too

I hate that moment when some guy asks me 'so what team do you support?' and i have to say 'i don't really follow sport'; i can almost watch the cogs turn in their little brain as they try and process this information which is conflicting with their basic programming

I'm sure the inner workings of their brain at this point run something like this: 'But he is a man', 'men like football', 'he does not like football, yet he is a man', 'how can this be?', 'there must be something wrong with him'......danger, danger......short circuit
Lol! :D

One thing i have found out about guys is that the toughest guys are often not the loud mouthed, swaggering guys who are full of bravado; these usually buckle when push comes to shove; often the toughest guys are the quieter, softly spoken guys who have mental toughness and inner reserves of strength to draw on.
I agree, and on that basis I'd say infj males are probably some of the toughest around, psychologically. they tolerate alot, without allowing it to make them bitter.

I think that female INFJ's are allowed to be more expressive of their true selves while male INFJ's must stay in hiding. My wife is an INFJ as are my younger son and brother-in-law. I've also known other INFJ's of both sexes. It seems to me that INFJ males sometimes act a bit macho to hide their feelings. The difference between INFJ males and the rest of us "guys" is that the INFJ's seem actually to know what their feelings are even if they are loathe to express them. Although it's hard to be an INFJ, male or female, I think that INFJ males have a particularly difficult challenge being themselves in society. On the other hand, all INFJ's have the potential to be extremely powerful and effective people because of their extreme sensitivity and insight into others.

I follow.
Our fluid (and feminine) exterior masks our steely centers. ( It accounts for that unexplained glint in our eyes. :m081: )

People don't anticipate that head-rattling clang when they sound us out with force.

I am a male INFJ, and I couldn't be more straight. I love everything about women; the beauty, grace, mysteries, and also the beasts in hiding. Some of the women I regularly interact with thinks that I'm gay since I don't show any sexual interest. The truth is ,I'm incredibly picky about women and cheap sexual behaviors often times turn me off, and i lose all interest in them. I stopped correcting people about my sexuality since they will never understand my side of the story.

Very much agreed here. I am also a very straight INFJ male, with almost these exact sentiments. The two other INFJ males (both straight) that I know in real life are almost exactly the same as well.

I've also had more than a few people assume I was female online. I think the fact that I have a gender balanced personality is a strength. But, I have to admit, I have felt a lot of pressure over the course of my life to be more masculine, to live up to a gender role that I'm just not capable of truly meeting. I'd rather help a girl out with her emotional problems than help her out of her pants. I've always been surprised when women are shocked that I'm not trying to have sex with them. I can't imagine why someone would try to take advantage of them like that. Apparently, most women can't imagine a guy not trying to take advantage of them. I'm also not into sports, fixing cars, or any of that manly stuff. I'm also not especially driven to be overly successful. I just want to help and hopefully that will include me being comfortable in the process. So far, it's worked out for me, but I've been labeled an underachiever my whole life. I'm happy. I help people. I live. I love. I don't see the problem, but the male gender role doesn't seem to include this sort of thing.

I come off as a very masculine guy when people first meet me in real life, and they're often surprised to find out how strong my feminine side is. Even my highly perceptive INTJs are surprised by this. Once people get to know me, I'm often accused of being a 'woman' due to the way I think, feel, and care about people, and especially about how I approach relationships. I care more about the emotional side of things, the touching, the simple affection, the connection between us, etc than the sex. In fact, unless the sex is a by product of the emotional spiritual connection, I'm not interested - and I feel gross about it.

I've also been told by some of the girls I've been with that I kiss like a girl (well all of them that had been in relationships with girls), meaning that I have the emotional intimacy and compassion of a woman - again this is a surprise to them because of my 'big tough guy' presence which I've never been able to understand who I manage to project this. I've always been a big old teddy bear on the inside. When I get protective, it's always a very maternal type of reflex, but I suppose it is because I have very masculine features and those piercing INFJ eyes.

But, I also agree that there seems to be a lot of gay INFJ males. Funny thing about that is, us straight INFJ males never have any issue with that. We all seem to understand that fussy sensibility we all share with respect to our mates and accept that our gay INFJ males have the same fussiness, and their very small group of potential mates just happens to also be male. We all understand that there are a LOT more requirements beyond gender. It's just how we are.

Our fluid (and feminine) exterior masks our steely centers. ( It accounts for that unexplained glint in our eyes.)

People don't anticipate that head-rattling clang when they sound us out with force.

I'm kinda the opposite. Apparently my steely center comes across pretty strong, and it's my fluid side (I much prefer the wording you're using here) that is not seen very clearly.

But, once people see this part of me and come to know it, they are even more surprised by the head-rattling clang when someone forces my hand. :)

Last edited:
This problem was particularly annoying for me. Eventually I asked them to stop. They asked why, I refused to answer, and I think that alone was enough for them to figure it out. (and perhaps a little embarrassing for me.)

Haha, I swear to god, if I had a dime for every story about things that went right or wrong with some other dude, I'd have about.....$2.70!

I'm kinda the opposite. Apparently my steely center comes across pretty strong, and it's my fluid side (I much prefer the wording you're using here) that is not seen very clearly.

But, once people see this part of me and come to know it, they are even more surprised by the head-rattling clang when someone forces my hand. :)

Yes, the male INFJs have the advantage in the reverse order.

Also i think a lot of people mistake sensitivity for weakness. This is an error and depth of feeling can often create a core of steel

I know exactly what you're saying. I would choose a different word from sensitivity tho. Hmmm... maybe "passion" or "feeling" like you said. It can create a core of steel.

Interesting thread. It's basically men compared to women, like someone already said.
To jump in with the majority of the thread posts so far, I'm a straight male infj. Women are the fucking best. The most "gay" thing I can think of that I'd consider would be doing a threesome with another guy and a girl. Bad girls in the bedroom are hot, and a mmf would turn me on because SHE'S WILLING TO DO TWO GUYS. Fairly naughty in my book. Anyway, the mmf would also have stipulations that the guy must be a friend of mine and also that I knew the girl somewhat as well. Sex is just hotter if you know the girl. And also, only if us guys "don't ever cross the streams" and there must be minimal/no physical contact or eye contact with that guy during the whole thing. Other than that I think it would be hot to have some fun with a girl like that once or twice. If it was an infj girl that would be sweet. Yes I'm high.

Seriously tho you infj girls are, simply put - hot. I've known only two in my life but they were both irresisible.

Gnight everybody!

Last edited:
I'm a strait infj male and I too have to agree that its a very hard thing to be in our society. I'm still in highschhol and it is definantly difficult that it seems I am forced to hide all the crazy messed up emotions i feel everyday simply because society does not accept men as being emotional.

However, I do play football which I know probobly seems strange for an infj (I think I had a thread about this). But I've come to realize that the reason i love the sport is not because it makes me feel macho or that i like to hurt people, its that i can let out all the emotions I keep pent up and not be riddiculled or hurt for letting them out. Its really the best emotional outlet I've ever known

I also agree that infjs tend to support the underdog becuase they feel like they have somthing in common. Perhaps we ourselve feel like the underdog in society.

Reactions: Ecton