Lust vs. Love: What's the diff? | INFJ Forum

Lust vs. Love: What's the diff?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Lust vs. Love: What's the diff? When did lust turn into love? How was it different? What it easy to figure out?

SIGNS OF LUST

• You're totally focused on a person's looks and body.
  • You're interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.
  • You'd rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.
  • You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.
  • You are lovers, but not friends.
SIGNS OF LOVE

• You want to spend quality time together other than sex.
  • You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.
  • You want to honestly listen to each other's feelings, make each other happy.
  • He or she motivates you to be a better person.
  • You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...01108/lust-vs-love-do-you-know-the-difference

Not like I'm really an authority on this, but I think that even if I loved someone I wouldn't want to meet their family and friends--time spent entertaining them is time I could spend with my SO, after all.

Reactions: Gaze
I consider myself an authority
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Love is no where near as exciting.

Reactions: Wyote
In a relationship based on lust you are obsessed with the other person but an a deeper level you are not actually really interested in them. (Although you think you are).

When you love somebody you sacrifice some of your pride / some of yourself for the others sake and you don't mind doing it..whereas in a lustful dynamic you are basically concerned about what you think you should rightfully have.

Lust cannot be satiated and is therefore never satisfied. Love is sustaining and helps you feel whole.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

Poor ruji, someone will love you someday. Maybe centuries from now, but someday. :)

9a8831270b1971e6b9797ad002b31734.jpg