Looking like your MBTI type | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Looking like your MBTI type

When it comes to clothes I mostly wear black, 98% of my stuff is black. The other includes red, grey, navy. I like bright too but you know, from time to time. I look either like a college girl of the past decades, very meticulous, very clean and creepy or jeans+whatever and don't care much. It's either very classical and minimalistic or quite "wtf". I don't like too revealing stuff most of the times, not when it reveals everything at once. One thing at a time is my rule. So I don't know... I'm versatile actually in my tastes but I still end up as black-on-black almost exclusively... :S
I button my shirts all the way up...

I also gravitate towards black. In the summer I'll wear bright colors but I have the most difficult time with brown or anything that is not black.

I do not button my shirts all the way up though ;)

I also gravitate towards black. In the summer I'll wear bright colors but I have the most difficult time with brown or anything that is not black.

I do not button my shirts all the way up though ;)

I even wear it in summer (mostly anyway)... Actually it's because black goes well with everything that's why I buy it, just because it's practical but I forget about a black pile I already have. However, I have one white shirt lol I promised myself to be a bit more colourful in 2013.

So how many do you button? ;-) :dirtymindalert: lol

I once took a test that told me I look like an INTJ. I'm not sure if I agree with the theory but my facial characters are strangely similar to other INTJs.

I once took a test that told me I look like an INTJ. I'm not sure if I agree with the theory but my facial characters are strangely similar to other INTJs.
What is your face like, then?

I am not all that concerned about my physical appearance. I shower every day, apply minimal makeup because my eyelashes are fair. I dress in whatever is clean and comfortable. I tend to not dress to impress anyone else other than myself because I can't be bothered. I feel like trying too hard to look a certain way is a form of dishonesty and doesn't represent me as a person.

Most people think I am an SJ by the way that I look. When I am working or doing my own thing I tend to not have any expression. I actually don't know how to create facial expressions unless I can see myself in a mirror or on the computer. I have to "Arrange" my facial expressions in photos but have absolutely zero idea how it looks.

I am told I have eyes that stare straight into people and that I have an icy expression. Apparently I come off as intimidating to new people. I have to fake being nice and warm and welcoming most of the time.

I don't know if I "look" like an INFJ. I imagine most of the time I don't look like anything other than focused or lost in thought.

[MENTION=1834]sandra_b[/MENTION] I've been told that also...that I am intimidating. I find it hilarious.

I liked what that dude in The Fly did (which is apparently what Einstein did) and bought several of the same items so I wouldn't have to think about what to wear. I just grab the next work shirt and pair of jeans in line along with the same pair of boots. It's essentially a uniform. I do have some wacky boxers, though, because they're cheap at Ross. One's got smiley faces on it. Maybe that's representative of that inner world jargon.

Expression-wise I look mad when I'm working or talking to someone about serious business. Which is most things. But I'm repeatedly told I have a warm and inviting demeanor, which I figure is that need for peaceful coexistence.

Dress sense wise i don't think my clothes stand out very much, I tend to wear darker shad of green, blue or purple. Also really like maroon. I dress quite conservatively and don't do much with my hair except keep it in a long and healthy condition. Don't wear much makeup though I do like to emphasise my eyes sometimes with brown eyeliner and mascara.

When I do happen to wear bright colours (decided to take a risk and bought a bright raspberry pink cashmere jumper) people seem taken aback and compliment me - suggesting that I usually don't usually come off as particularly fashionable!

I've been told I have super expressive eyes when I'm passionate about something but that other times I come across as a bit aloof and disengaged.

Not sure how 'infj' this is.

I try to stay away from mainstream and not stand out too much. I like vintage clothing, leather, don't like bright colors, almost everything I wear is grey, black or of brown hues.
No idea how INFPs suppose to dress or any other types, I think that it's poorly subjective.

I try to stay away from mainstream and not stand out too much. I like vintage clothing, leather, don't like bright colors, almost everything I wear is grey, black or of brown hues.
No idea how INFPs suppose to dress or any other types, I think that it's poorly subjective.

Yeah, dress is probably the worst deciding factor on the looks front. All of the types may perhaps choose very similar clothing but their underlying motivations for deciding to wear what they do would likely be quite different.

I even wear it in summer (mostly anyway)... Actually it's because black goes well with everything that's why I buy it, just because it's practical but I forget about a black pile I already have. However, I have one white shirt lol I promised myself to be a bit more colourful in 2013.

So how many do you button? ;-) :dirtymindalert: lol

as little as I can get away with! ;)

kidding

Most of the time I wear simple clothes - t-shirts, sweaters, sneakers. But sometimes I break out and wear six colours at once and basketball shoes and tie-die scarves and whatever else. It always looks ugly and I love those days because it means I don't give a fuck about what people think.

Not sure how all of that relates to my MBTI type, though.

Hmmm... I think my clothing is so affected by where I am living at any given time, and also if I just had a baby, got fat drinking too much beer, or went on a jogging kick and am looking (feeling) like a hottie.

One thing always is consistent, though: My clothing is always practical. Always. I don't know if that is INFJ, or just how I was raised to be/my values?

Do you think you look like your MBTI type? Yes or no, and in what ways? Please explain.

myersbriggs_infj_golf_shirt.jpg

'Nuf said.

Reactions: barbad0s