Live Chat!

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Silently Honest mentioned creating a separate thread, but I'm wondering who might be interested in doing a live chat sesh with the INFJ members. If you are and you're comfortable with doing so, go ahead and put down the following info:

Time/Day normally available (use your Time Zone, too).
Signin name and program you use (like dancing_elephant1, Yahoo Instant Messenger).
Other (any other information you'd like to put down, like you prefer to use a particular messaging system, you prefer phone chat like Skype, you use a multi platform chat system like Trillian, etc).

So for me:

Time/Day normally available: Mon-Fri 7-11pm CST; Sun 7-11pm.
Signin name and program: tessmarker, Yahoo Instant Messenger
Other: I use Trillian, so I can pretty much chat with any system. I do have a Skype account, but the lag is insane so I don't use it much - and since I moved I can't find my headset.

All of my messengers are under my name.

I am usually always on Yahoo....cashia98...MSN under the same name as well.

I don't have a routine yet. Hubby is working nights so for now I'll be on late like I was before.

Mabye over my winter break I would do this.

If anyone is in a hurry, they could vote on my poll. ;)

Skype mostly: big-willi-syle

yahoo msgr: bigwilljae

I've updated my contacts even though they are uncontactable at the moment :(

I forsee the problem with live chat being the usual situation that occurs at most parties/social gatherings where those percieved as having the most power and influence get to speak the most. Members who are more shy may be continuously interrupted or spoken over (And I must admit, I do interrupt sometimes, bad habit of mine) as they are naturally more quiet or passive in their communication style...So I suggest that someone here could 'chair' the discussion as a Host or MC somehow. Personally I would nominate MJ for this purpose.

In a conversation the only person who has the power is the person who brings the most interesting stuff to the conversation.

Can't we do it in some chatroom? It's easy to create one... Because I don't think we all use the same programs (I have skype and msn) and I'm not sure but there might be a limit to the number of people you can invite in one single conversation, no?

haha, looks like I've missed a train here

I forsee the problem with live chat being the usual situation that occurs at most parties/social gatherings where those percieved as having the most power and influence get to speak the most. Members who are more shy may be continuously interrupted or spoken over (And I must admit, I do interrupt sometimes, bad habit of mine) as they are naturally more quiet or passive in their communication style...So I suggest that someone here could 'chair' the discussion as a Host or MC somehow. Personally I would nominate MJ for this purpose.

I don't see this emerging as a problem in the chat so far, not have I ever experienced it as a problem on IRC. Does anyone else?

Perhaps we are talking about different kinds of chats, because I've only ever experienced a free-for-all type live chat on IRC, and that seems to be the way it's going here. No set topics, no need that I can see for a chair/host/MC.

When I would hang out in really big IRC channels, sometimes there'd be 50 or more people in the channel at a time and those who wanted to jump in jumped in, those who couldn't keep up with the tempo didn't.

I think the fact that we now have a live chat PLUS the forum with the same audience and participants gives all of us the best of both worlds :)

Deadpool7%20(1).jpg

What does that have to do with anything?

RANdom :m080:

ROFL!! OMG. What comic is that from?

And agreed...totally rrrraaaannnndddoooomm...

And that's why I love it here. ;)