Life Plan | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Life Plan

positive anticipation would work, but sometimes once we start 'anticipating' at all, the direction it takes is uncontrollable. My process was to try to remove all anticipation entirely
This is my tried and true philosophy for travel, and vacation time. I call it 'Having low expectations'.

We usually spend a lot of resources in preparation for travel and vacations, and then our expectations are too high. Now, I travel with a completely apathetic approach, and I find great enjoyment when something good actually happens.

No fuss, no fight.
All I need is my self, my mind, clothes, food, shelter, my dog, and good hygiene from now until the day I day.
I remember those days. I would still be there now if it was possible. I didn't have the courage to homestead, and build my own cabin in the woods - which was really on my plate.

Those damn bill collectors keep holding me back. Of course... if I went completely off the grid...

This is still very tempting.

What are your tricks to planning, living in the moment and achieving goals? What are your weaknesses in this realm?

In the past several years, I've worked on moving within a framework of values. I spent time reflecting on and identifying what values are most important to me. By values, I mean those guiding stars that guide your way and when you are moving toward them, you feel alive and more fully yourself. I try to keep these values in mind as I move through my days. I reflect on the behavior I have chosen or am thinking of choosing, and identify how aligned it is with my values. When it is not aligned, I reflect on whether there may be a values conflict I need to resolve, or if I am avoiding moving toward my values because it is difficult or painful. I do set goals within my framework of values, but they are flexible goals that can shift and change with circumstances while still being in alignment with broader values.

Avoidance is my greatest weakness, I think. Choosing emptiness in life rather than following my values out of fear and avoidance of discomfort.