"Life is not necessarily easy for the INFJ" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"Life is not necessarily easy for the INFJ"

I didn't mean it as a criticism, So.

I just meant that I don't perceive her (or anyone under that much scrutiny) as having anything easier about her life than others.

I personally think life is as difficult as the individual's tolerance for adversity allows.

I don't consider my life as ever having been easy; it isn't easy now. But I can't think of a single other person I'd trade places with, and I can't ever recall having thought so. It never occurs to me to think that anyone has it "better" than me, even when things really suck.

I do envision ways that my own life could be easier, though.

Alright... I picked the wrong person. I didn't mean to offend. Maybe my jokes are lame. LIFE IS HARSH!

It is not a kool day for me anyways.

The day is "kool" or not as you see it. That is your choice, as we all have these same sort of choices.* Don't worry about the "offending" aspect. I think Zencat and I see things from quite differing perspectives, but I doubt either of us would be easy to offend. For me personally, if I feel offended, I feel challenged to overcoime whatever attitudes and such I hold that can be offended.

* Wouldn't it be just as easy to say "This day has been a good lesson?"

I didn't mean it as a criticism, So.

I just meant that I don't perceive her (or anyone under that much scrutiny) as having anything easier about her life than others.

I personally think life is as difficult as the individual's tolerance for adversity allows.

I don't consider my life as ever having been easy; it isn't easy now. But I can't think of a single other person I'd trade places with, and I can't ever recall having thought so. It never occurs to me to think that anyone has it "better" than me, even when things really suck.

I do envision ways that my own life could be easier, though.

I think this is the ideal but there are days when I definitely fantasize that other people's lives are easier. Certainly money brings more opportunities and less hassle (I doubt Paris Hilton has to worry about debt, for example).

Maybe it is immature of me, or even delusional, but I can think of many people in my life who I think have it easier than I do. From my POV, some people suffer a lot in life and some don't.

* Wouldn't it be just as easy to say "This day has been a good lesson?"

Sure. Everyday seem to have a lesson whether i want it or not though. I realized that when I get offended or criticized, I withdraw my comment as soon as possible. Just too scared that I might offend someone else if I put it out. Also, that is why I never talk much in meetings.

I've honestly never been much with comparing in this way between types; how easy life is, how many emotions people have, how smart someone is....type isn't meant to describe these things. They might help generalize a few things that have to do with that, but really, those are mostly up to circumstance.

Sure. Everyday seem to have a lesson whether i want it or not though. I realized that when I get offended or criticized, I withdraw my comment as soon as possible. Just too scared that I might offend someone else if I put it out. Also, that is why I never talk much in meetings.

Don't be scared of that!! As long as you are respectful I think that's all you're responsible for. You have no idea how anyone else in life will perceive your communications. You'll go crazy if you try to second guess that all the time.

I used to be the same way but I didn't like being so scared all the time....

who is to say that one type of person has a harder life then another? I mean one INFJ could have it good while another doesnt so much. Plus, we all view our lives as hard and difficult, no matter who or what you are. And asides, What good does proving one type usually has a harder life?

And for fun: My favorite Philosopher-
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius

Last edited:
I don't know that I've ever wanted to have someone else's life, because part of who I am is the life I lead. And I wouldn't want to disappear just for that. But I've often wished I had the skills that I've seen others have (especially innately), so that I could create certain aspects of my life to be how I want them to be.

Most people, if not everyone, probably think that they've handled a lot in life. Some people think they've handled more than they could handle. But I think there is a reason for why things are how they are, for why we can't always compare our lives, and why life is so solitary.

I believe life becomes easier once we accept what we have and address it (especially if we don't like it).

The way I've been thinking about it lately is that we're all just actors in this big game/play of life. One day we'll bring the play to an end, take a final bow, and step behind the curtain to celebrate with a rush of adrenaline.

I don't know why I'm here, I don't know who I truly am, and I feel I know little about life (Life with a capital), but sometimes I feel very honored to experience it.

As for life not necessarily being easier for INFJs? I've wondered about the meaning of that too. I think it comes down to how INFJs respond to life, how they process their experiences and thus experience their reality - since that's (I think) the only thing uniting INFJs as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingOfSpades
Everybody has a hard time in life.....no one said life's easy *shrugs*
everyone has their own trials and tribulation in this life

I don't know why I'm here, I don't know who I truly am, and I feel I know little about life (Life with a capital), but sometimes I feel very honored to experience it.

Wow that was really insightful. Ill be thinking about this for some time.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html
last sentence before function order

I've always wondered about this statement. What made the authors write that? Why don't other types have it? Is life supposed to be hard? Sometimes I feel like I use this as an excuse.

Well, what do y'all think?

I think for me, the hardest thing about being an INFJ is the loneliness it comes with. Although the closest people to my heart tell me that at times they feel I can understand them better than they do themselves, I know that they don't fully understand me.

This is especially the case when my intuition tells me something; they can't understand what I'm saying or why I'm saying it. I tend to think more long-term too and so make decisions based upon that so people cannot see why I tell them to do something now because they cannot see how it would become a bigger issue for them in the future like I do. So many times, they think I'm being weird and don't take on my advice (which they asked for) and then a couple of years down the line they run into that problem and I'm the one who feels the pain for them, coupled with frustration of course haha.

So yeah, loneliness is the main problem being an INFJ for me.

I've always wondered about this statement. What made the authors write that? Why don't other types have it?
I think ya'll demand a lot out of life, even more than ENTJs in certain respects.

Is life supposed to be hard? Sometimes I feel like I use this as an excuse.
Life is not supposed to be anything, imo. We want it to go a certain way and work to make it so.

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33

I've always wondered about this statement. What made the authors write that? Why don't other types have it? Is life supposed to be hard? Sometimes I feel like I use this as an excuse.

Well, what do y'all think?

I think life is not easy for most people if I would compare. Yet, INFJ issue tend to be the emotional side of life. I agree.

Which depend on each circumtances probably would be better if adapt and not making emotional issue the center of one's identity.

Reactions: Jonah Caan
Some have it easy while some have it hard while there is much in between yet some are obsolete by the expectations of society where excessive extroversion is not only expected but imposed and everyone is measured in terms of performance, success, money, relationships, things, and so much more but not everyone can reach such thus end up suffering greatly as a result. There is no better example of this than the States where everything and everyone is forced into dehumanizing impersonal systems of control and consumption. Japan is another example where the pressure is high and the expectations are high to perform where people burn themselves out becoming hikikomori to avoid it all. For introverts we don't mesh with these systems very well if at all so we do suffer higher stress as a result so the chances are much greater of having difficulty than some other types that either mesh well or are indifferent.

I guess (from reading the context) the author meant that the INFJ's sensitivity to life/problems might make normal situations extremely hard for them to handle. I don't think the author is implying anything other than that.

Life is difficult for everyone. Obviously.
Your last line is correct, but I believe the author was sleaking about how we have almost nobody who understands us, and as we spend so much time and effort helping others, we don't get much in return. Not being able to relate to most others and wanting the best for humanity while it is in a very bad state can make it quite difficult to even exist. But in the end, most people have life hard, and the author's statement was more of a relative attempt than an exclusive one.

Reactions: Jonah Caan
we have almost nobody who understands us, and as we spend so much time and effort helping others, we don't get much in return.

This really hits home; it can get awfully lonely at times.

I always want to do much more for the people I love than I want them to do for me. I feel like a burden even if they go out of their way in the slightest to help me. But at the same time, I crave love and understanding. Then there's times I have to step back and recharge, whilst at other times I just want to surround myself with people.

It's very contradicting being an INFJ; sometimes I can't even understand myself although I feel like I know others more than they know themselves.

The list goes on.

Reactions: Truth Eternity