Apr 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Thinker
Legalize Gay Marraige?

Legalize marijuana?

I say yes! Agree or disagree?

Agree, but I think weed should have certain restrictions akin to alcohol and cigarettes, i.e. be a legal adult to use it and don't drive or operate heavy machinery if you're bombed out of your fucking gourd.

Agree.. and I also agree with Black Sheep that there should be restrictions as there are on legalized alcohol and cigarettes.

I just wonder about how the criteria would be set up for deciding how stoned is "too stoned" to drive. It seems like there would be a way bigger grey-area than you have with the obvious telltale signs of having too much to drink.

I love the replies!!! Personally, I think that everyone should be able to make their own decisions without being criticized for them. People who have a different sexual orientation should be alowd the rights that the Straight community gets. I think that it is rediculous that certain people cannot marry. After meeting so many people in college, I began to feel so bad that they were being put down for their sexual orientation.

Judging is simply not right. We must treat everyone in a way that we would like to be treated because we are all equals--- One Planet- One People!

Yes, I completely agree with you.. There should be some restrictions, but for safety purposes only. Marijuana was set by Nature Free, so we need to let the plant run wild hahahaha

I personally don't smoke marijuana that much (Only 2 times this year, so far...) But I see nothing wrong with it at all. I think that if adults can drink alcohol in a bar; they should be alowd to smoke marijuana in a lounge.

I would probably smoke more if I wasn't worried about getting caught....

Legalize Freedom!!! ----Ron Paul____

Yes.
Yes, with restrictions. [As mentioned by [MENTION=2434]Black Sheep[/MENTION]]

mr_mackey.jpg

Yes I think gay marriage should be legal as long as churches aren't forced into preforming ceremonies against their will as I also respect their freedom of choice, I think it's crazy to not allow gay marriages to be performed though.

Pot should be legal, taxed, regulated the same way as alcohol and illegal to drive under the influence of the solution to the amount thing is to just not allow driving under the influence of it period rather than a set amount although I guess this would be a hard thing to test as it tends to stay in your system a long time I don't know the logistics.

I just wonder about how the criteria would be set up for deciding how stoned is "too stoned" to drive. It seems like there would be a way bigger grey-area than you have with the obvious telltale signs of having too much to drink.
Sobriety test. It'd probably be time related; as in the officer counts to 20 and you count to 20 in your head and say when time is up. Or something like that. That is a much bigger grey area.

Legalize it all..

Marijuana should be sold just like tobacco with an ID, but it shouldn't be taxed as such.. Tobacco kills, Marijuana doesn't. Alcohol kills, too. So taxes should be lower. Plus people should be able to grow it themselves with no penalties.

@kmal, sobriety test is a good idea. I wonder how much you gotta smoke not to be able to pass it, haha.

However, I don't think it's going to happen, at least not in the U.S. Tobacco/liquor companies will be lobbying against it 'till the time their skulls explode from lies and greed. Unless people take the laws in their own hands and fuck the central government over and over, reduce it to some little office in the DC responsible for postal services and interstate highways.

Legalize it all..

Marijuana should be sold just like tobacco with an ID, but it shouldn't be taxed as such.. Tobacco kills, Marijuana doesn't. Alcohol kills, too. So taxes should be lower. Plus people should be able to grow it themselves with no penalties.

[MENTION=2259]Kmal[/MENTION], sobriety test is a good idea. I wonder how much you gotta smoke not to be able to pass it, haha.

However, I don't think it's going to happen, at least not in the U.S. Tobacco/liquor companies will be lobbying against it 'till the time their skulls explode from lies and greed. Unless people take the laws in their own hands and fuck the central government over and over, reduce it to some little office in the DC responsible for postal services and interstate highways.
Yeah, they need an incentive to side with legalization. What could that possibly be?

[MENTION=1796]AhSver[/MENTION] I'm not sure. Sobriety depends on the person moreso than the amount smoked. I've never been so high I couldnt drive, but some people get plain fucked up off weed. It depends on how much they let the ride take them.

I love the replies!!! Personally, I think that everyone should be able to make their own decisions without being criticized for them. People who have a different sexual orientation should be alowd the rights that the Straight community gets. I think that it is rediculous that certain people cannot marry. After meeting so many people in college, I began to feel so bad that they were being put down for their sexual orientation.

Judging is simply not right. We must treat everyone in a way that we would like to be treated because we are all equals--- One Planet- One People!

Yes, I completely agree with you.. There should be some restrictions, but for safety purposes only. Marijuana was set by Nature Free, so we need to let the plant run wild hahahaha

I personally don't smoke marijuana that much (Only 2 times this year, so far...) But I see nothing wrong with it at all. I think that if adults can drink alcohol in a bar; they should be alowd to smoke marijuana in a lounge.

I would probably smoke more if I wasn't worried about getting caught....

Legalize Freedom!!! ----Ron Paul____
@Spiritual Leo
I thought Ron Paul voted against gay couples adopting children?

Last edited:
I think they should legalize pot and use the tax revenue to fight the drugs that cause social problems.

I don't think marriage should be a legal contract, regardless of who is married. Marriage is a religious institution, and as such, the state has no business being invloved, other than to honor our religious freedoms - which include marriage. The government certainly has no business telling anyone who can and cannot be married. If two people can find a church to marry them, same sex or not, then they are married. End of story. Marriage is a religious matter, not a state matter. I don't think there should be any tax breaks for being married or not being married. Either people claim people (or children) as dependents or they don't. There are plenty of religions who will be happy to marry same sex couples. And most importantly, the government is obligated to honor those freedoms without interfering.

Marriage is a religious matter, not a state matter.
I agree, but I would flip it around. Marriage could also be seen simply as a civil contract, extending certain legal frameworks and rights to citizens. Rights proceeding from this contract extend to a variety of insitutions in society that are resources for essential health and well-being, financial and otherwise. As a civil institution in a democratic society, it is unjust to bar certain individuals from this legal status. As citizens acting in good faith, an injustice of this nature is unpalatable.

Churches, on the other hand (at least many of them), understand the union as something that includes the civil contract, yes, but also as an altogether other reality, and they are generally not at liberty to alter this view. In traditional marriage ceremonies, the minister presides over both a civil and religious ceremony (that may wind up being a problem one of these days). I suspect these churches, in order to retain their rightful understandings, will have to move to other vernacular and portrayals of their beliefs. This is especially so because these same institutions would also decry societal prejudice and injustice in a variety of (or all) forms.

In this regard I think there is a fork in the road ahead...society's tractory is clear. The churches are the ones who will have to engage more deeply, refine, and more accurately articulate their understandings around marriage in light of society's need to move to a more inclusive model. Sacrament of Matrimony anybody?

Civil contract and marriage are two similar things that need to be separate, but certainly able to overlap.
I hope this is possible with a minimum of cultural confusion and angst, but the rhetoric I hear at present needs some refinement to avoid this. I worked for several years on the process of ending marriages in the church...via annulments and marriage tribuals. It was here that the difference between the civil ceremony/contract/agreement and the ecclesial understanding/sacrament were seen and handled quite distinctly through entirely seperate processes. The differences (civil vs ecclesial) were so clear, so apparent, that I wonder if people might benefit from understanding this going in, or at least clarifying positions so that church institutions were accepted/respected while at the same time civil rights within democratic institutions were also appropriately protected. Much of the current angst I hear is over the overlapping and conflicting concepts and terminologies...in annulments these do not overlap at all. Confusion will only lead to deeper angst, I suspect.

Last edited:
I've never been so high I couldnt drive.

No one should be driving under the influence of marijuana period imo. It does make your reactions delayed. I mean it probably won't matter most of the time but it sure will when a deer suddenly darts out in front of you.

I think the major problem with thinking that marriage is simply a religious matter is that marriage carries with it legal consequences. It is a total misnomer to believe in the separation of church and state with regards to how things really work in the US. Most people consider the US to be a "Christian" country rather than non-religious in nature. The ideal is separation but there are many instances of overlap and marriage is one of those things that has become more than just a religious ceremony. Also take a look at so-called "blue" laws which forbid the selling of alcohol of Sunday and such.

I think that the continued difficulty within the prison system will force the government to take a hard look at their war on drugs and may force the legalization of weed in the future. The amount of money spent to keep potheads in jail or on probation or whatever doesn't seem a good use of resources. Additionally, the use of the police to use their limited resources to go after pot as well seems rather stupid in the face of so much crime in our communities. We are seeing baby steps in the process with the approval of medical maryjane going on in more than a few states. I would venture to guess you will see the legalization or at the very least the decriminalization within our lifetime.

Reactions: VH
No one should be driving under the influence of marijuana period imo. It does make your reactions delayed. I mean it probably won't matter most of the time but it sure will when a deer suddenly darts out in front of you.

It's illegal to drive under the influence of drugs in New Zealand. The NZ Police website says this:
If Police have good cause to suspect a person is a drugged driver, they have the power to require the driver to undergo a compulsory impairment test. If this is unsatisfactory, the driver will be required to provide a blood sample. The penalties for drugged driving are similar to the penalties for drink driving.