Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Last chance to take back our Democracy - Elector Petition

Dude, I hope you are semi joking ? you almost sound like you want that to happen ? I think anything like you suggest would be catastrophic for ALL of America. Liberals and conservative bleed the same color blood. In reality ? I think its a divisive and misleading construct, which is holding America back more than anything.

I think across the west generally, what i think I see as the major issue is that a great many hard working people feel isolated and that although they are in reality (quite) wealthy, they don't 'feel' that. They don't have enough time off work, social and community contact, or disposable income (not for more junk possessions but to share time together).

I think it's that social isolation and division which is driving the 'wedge' between people who used to eat, work, meet and talk to each other much more. Globalisation (which has been a great thing for some of the poorest people on earth) has brought a speed of change and challenge for which the west was not remotely prepared.

Also since Breaking Bad ended.. we are all looking for the next TV show to replace and nothing has really lived up to that yet.. lol And now back to Sports.. lol

If you will read the entire post you will see that sadly I am not and that no I do not want it to happen.

If you pay attention to the news as I do, I think your intuition will tell you what's up.

Reactions: James
Dude, I hope you are semi joking ? you almost sound like you want that to happen ? I think anything like you suggest might happen, would be catastrophic for ALL of America. Liberals and conservative bleed the same color blood. In reality ? I think its a divisive and misleading construct, which is holding America back more than anything.

I think across the west generally, what i think I see as the major issue is that a great many hard working people feel isolated and that although they are in reality (quite) wealthy, they don't 'feel' that. They don't have enough time off work, social and community contact, or disposable income (not for more junk possessions but to share time together).

I think it's that social isolation and division, which is driving the 'wedge' between people who used to eat, work, meet and talk to each other much more. Globalisation (which has been a great thing for some of the poorest people on earth) has brought a speed of change and challenge for which the west was not remotely prepared.

Also since Breaking Bad ended.. we are all looking for the next TV show to replace it, and nothing has really lived up to that yet.. lol And now back to Sports.. lol
This is what the pundits on the right promise.... Civil war if liberals don't fall in line. What reason is there to kill friends, family and neighbors of differing ideologies? There isn't a reason. The enemy is not other citizens... But pundits focus the blame and rage onto liberals so that people don't actually try to figure out where the problem is.

If you will read the entire post you will see that sadly I am not and that no I do not want it to happen.

If you pay attention to the news as I do, I think your intuition will tell you what's up.

I did read it all. I looked at it very carefully and tried to respond to what I think "is up". I did say 'almost' as I think you don't want anything bad to happen, but I think you believe there is an important 'ideal' that needs to be stood up and fought for ?

I think it's legitimate to 'resist' violence, but violence takes many forms. And how people resist ? I think that's important too. I think there is a sense of great discontent across the whole of the west. Look at France right now ? Where the far right now seem to have a realistic chance in the upcoming Presidential election. I would be equally alarmed if the 'far left' were in the same situation.

I think it's crucial we don't allow that 'sense of discontent' to overtake good decision making. Reaching for left or right wing extremism is to me a sign of desperation and, hugely counter productive. For me trying to put aside the left/right divide to go through the things, which could be changed to practically improve peoples lives, would be the way to go.

I pretty much always read your posts, whether we agree or not. Why ? Because you have a different take on things too me, and I have no wish to "live in a bubble". Unless it's a chocolate bubble... in which case I'd die a happy man..

100% agree. It is the scrutiny and cross examination of our views and opinions that test their validity, either to reinforce or develop greater understanding. Anyone who does not allow their views to be (politely) challenged, only demonstrates their lack of belief in them imho. It's how we grow and learn.

Completely agree on the MBTI, their is no 'good' or 'bad' type. It was a mechanism to try to understand ourselves and others better, and adapt to our strengths and weaknesses. (puts pizza down and hides behind sofa in case of conflict lol).
Perhaps I should change my signature to "challenger" ... except people may pun 'clanger'.

America is going through the growth pains of learning about Narcissm and all it's hideous idiosyncrasies and hidden traps and brutal dangers. We wouldn't need the poster child for Narcissm in a position of power to make us all fall like Humpty Dumpty if this weren't true. Narcissm has become an epidemic and a plague that only Zika virus could shrink the heads of. Yes, man vs Nature is in full swing. Suck it up.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
America is going through the growth pains of learning about Narcissm and all it's hideous idiosyncrasies and hidden traps and brutal dangers. We wouldn't need the poster child for Narcissm in a position of power to make us all fall like Humpty Dumpty if this weren't true. Narcissm has become an epidemic and a plague that only Zika virus could shrink the heads of. Yes, man vs Nature is in full swing. Suck it up.
Regardless of who is/isn't in the White House or Congress, the temperament and mood of everyday citizens counts massively in how healthy an environment a country fosters. Only economists, commerce, and traders seem interested in quantifying it these days, using the measure termed "market confidence."

I think perhaps a measure of doom and gloom is entirely understandable for people who wanted a different election result, but ultimately cultivating such sentiments only undermines both one's own mental ecosystem, and the social environment one lives in.

Certain policies in the next four years will, no doubt, have practical negative net results for some people, while other policies will have positive net results. Regardless of these changes, the quality of life one enjoys is extremely accessible through one's attitude. Regardless of whether one lives in a cardboard box, under an overpass, or in a NY penthouse, one can be either entirely happy or miserable.

Politics is more serious for some, or more mischievously fun for others... but ultimately, it is only a smallish part of a much bigger personal life.

If you can't have fun/enjoyment from politics, it's probably not an entirely bad thing to be moderately detached from it, because the purpose of life isn't to be miserable. (Using my provocateur lingo, we're capable of being happier than crybabies).

It may seem dismissive of political concerns to say, "forget the election, let's make smores by a bonfire", but at times I think we need to be a little dismissive of politics.
cape-cod-beaches.jpg

Do you think Trump or Hillary will finally shut down Guantanamo Bay?

Do you think Trump or Hillary will finally shut down Guantanamo Bay?
It isn't practical to shut it down from a national security perspective, but economic factors combined with a less interventionalist policy might make it obsolete under Trump.
(I don't know what T and C"s policies were on Guantanamo... and I'm too lazy to search right now).

Do conservatives REALLY know how to "conserve"?

It is typical to be blind sighted vs. foresighted in politics and positions of power. We're always paying for the 20/20 hindsight vision which will ultimately be our doom.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Regardless of who is/isn't in the White House or Congress, the temperament and mood of everyday citizens counts massively in how healthy an environment a country fosters. Only economists, commerce, and traders seem interested in quantifying it these days, using the measure termed "market confidence."

I think perhaps a measure of doom and gloom is entirely understandable for people who wanted a different election result, but ultimately cultivating such sentiments only undermines both one's own mental ecosystem, and the social environment one lives in.

Certain policies in the next four years will, no doubt, have practical negative net results for some people, while other policies will have positive net results. Regardless of these changes, the quality of life one enjoys is extremely accessible through one's attitude. Regardless of whether one lives in a cardboard box, under an overpass, or in a NY penthouse, one can be either entirely happy or miserable.

Politics is more serious for some, or more mischievously fun for others... but ultimately, it is only a smallish part of a much bigger personal life.

If you can't have fun/enjoyment from politics, it's probably not an entirely bad thing to be moderately detached from it, because the purpose of life isn't to be miserable. (Using my provocateur lingo, we're capable of being happier than crybabies).

It may seem dismissive of political concerns to say, "forget the election, let's make smores by a bonfire", but at times I think we need to be a little dismissive of politics.
cape-cod-beaches.jpg
Typical silencing tactic

Reactions: cvp12gh5 and James
Or irrepressible fearlessness in standing up and speaking out for the right to enjoy life.
That doesn't need defending, because it is intrinsically subjective. No one can take away your ability to choose to enjoy your life, much as no one can take away your opinion on things.

That doesn't need defending, because it is intrinsically subjective. No one can take away your ability to choose to enjoy your life, much as no one can take away your opinion on things.

Tell that to the people that are made to feel less than human on a daily basis.