Kurt Cobain & Billy Corgan | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Kurt Cobain & Billy Corgan

lol @
796.jpg

lol @ necroed thread :D

Reactions: Sandie33
Im a bit of a Cobain expert, but not so familiar with myars briggs typology yet.. I think he was INFJ. from his early teens he planned to be a big rockstar and actually kiling himself "like jimi hendrix". He was VERY determined. the band practiced every night and drummers who didnt want to practice that much got fired.. thats why they had like 8 drummers.... he also loved animals, although very poor, always had several pets (including lots of turtles in an improvised tank) until he was seriously hooked on heroin in 92.. (Fe) Everything he did he had written beforehand often years earlier in his journals. His foresight and plans were uncanny accurate. He deliberately "unlearned to play the guitar" (written in his journals) to be more creative and original in 89, before that his playing was more complicated and technical.. his way of hurling himself in a drumkit and dislocating his arm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=valaiexXmOI and all the drugabuse also point to inferior Es right? his fits of rage and screaming on stage... His mostly depressed lyrics was very deep and original. about drugabuse : "I am my own parasite, I dont need a host to live. we feed off of each other. we can share our endorphins" damn good and insightful lyrics... Im obviously a huge fan :)

Kurt Cobain seems like a poster child INFP to me, that guy was just drowning in, screaming and vomiting Introverted Feeling, like a heated steel mark on his forehead. As for Corgan, i'm not as sure, but INFP seems the most likely too, he reminds me a lot of an ENFP friend i used to have, mannerisms, and overall feel of his persona.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandie33 and Ren
Other people on the internet say Cobain: ISFP/INFP. People think s because his lyrics weren't "deep" or "filled with emotions" like an n would do it. (Pfffft!)

Corgan: INFP. That almost makes sense. But something is off.

@Arsal, come help me out.

People get confused with INFP's because they don't view them as deep thinkers. The opposite is true they can have some of the deepest thoughts based solely on emotion or how they feel about something. Billy and Kurt in my opinion are both INFP's one just has more self hatred than the other. Billy learned to embrace and love himself while Cobain got lost and offed himself.

People get confused with INFP's because they don't view them as deep thinkers. The opposite is true they can have some of the deepest thoughts based solely on emotion or how they feel about something. Billy and Kurt in my opinion are both INFP's one just has more self hatred than the other. Billy learned to embrace and love himself while Cobain got lost and offed himself.

Kurt seems like an archetypal INFP. Billy is trickier — he seems to be a feeler with both a lot of Ni and a lot of Fi.

I don't see a lot of Ne coming from him, but I could be wrong. I'd still tentatively guess INFJ.

Last edited:
Kurt seems like an archetypal INFP. Billy is trickier — he seems to be a feeler with both a lot of Ni and a lot of Fi.

I don't see a lot of Ne coming from him, but I could be wrong. I'd still tentatively guess INFJ.

That's a good point Billy is very uncertain for myself as well.

Reactions: Ren and Daustus
I've watched Billy in a few interviews. I agree that I see a lot of Ni and Fi. I assumed he was an INTJ but I haven't done a hard analysis.

Reactions: Ren and bcrwz
I've watched Billy in a few interviews. I agree that I see a lot of Ni and Fi. I assumed he was an INTJ but I haven't done a hard analysis.

I have watched a few as well it appears he has a grasp on Fi. The consensus is he is INTJ and I do see the similarities between him and myself. The way he speaks in some interviews tends to show how he logically reasons the choices he makes based on Fi. Ni seems more likely but I wouldn't be able to say for certain. He does seem to realize gravitate toward the internal struggle rater than an external one using Ni.

Reactions: Ren and Sandie33
The more I think about the more certain he's not an Fe user. He didn't understand his fellow band member needs. Most of his career with the Pumpkins the band members had a lot of drama and unmet needs and he constantly had issues understanding how to service them.

He has a cold like demeanor that is typical of INTJs. Just in appearance. There was a meme a few years ago that showed him at an amusement ride looking sad and he commented on Joe Rogan that he was having a great time. He shows interest and warmth when talking about specific things he's currently into. Not really when talking about other people.

I'm like 90% sure he's an INTJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren and bcrwz
The more I think about the more certain he's not an Fe user. He didn't understand his fellow band member needs. Most of his career with the Pumpkins the band members had a lot of drama and unmet needs and he constantly had issues understanding how to service them.

He has a cold like demeanor that is typical of INTJs. Just in appearance. There was a meme a few years ago that showed him at an amusement ride looking sad and he commenting on Joe Rogan that he was having a great time. He shows interest and warmth when talking about specific things he's currently into. Not really when talking about other people.

I'm like 90% sure he's an INTJ.

Despite of my rage i'm still just a man on a train.

Reactions: Ren and Daustus
Also part of his professional success was that he understood the game that was being played in the music industry and he learned how to rig the system to win. This pattern screams INTJ.

Also part of his professional success was that he understood the game that was being played in the music industry and he learned how to rig the system to win. This pattern screams INTJ.

The more I think about it the more my opinion sways INTJ

This song was written as he came out of a depression. He is quoted saying "I felt nothing for a long while and when I came out of a depression I wrote, Today"

This is essentially what goes on with me when I go in and out of depressive loops.

Today is the greatest
Day I've ever known
Can't wait for tomorrow
I might not have that long
I'll tear my heart out
Before I get out

I think we're convinced each other that he's likely an INTJ lol.

Internet High Five
giphy.gif

Now that I think about it, Billy could well be an INTJ. Just a slightly more 'feely' kind of INTJ, maybe.

Reactions: Daustus and bcrwz