Keeping up with technology | INFJ Forum

Keeping up with technology

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Soulful, Jan 26, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Soulful
  1. Soulful

Soulful life is good

Threads:
    MBTI:
    How do you keep up with the common technological advancements such as those in music players, computers, software, online things like google chrome (whatever that is), phones, programs, etc.? Whether in full detail or knowing that a new technology or product emerged with a simple understanding of what it's about?

2. NeverAmI

NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4

I work in IT and I have surrounded myself with technie nerds so I undoubtedly hear about new things one way or another. However, I really don't go out of my way to research any new technologies unless it is directly applicable to something in my life.

If I am building a new computer or thinking about suggesting something at work, then I will research deeply which usually leads to tangents in my studies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Deathjam

Deathjam ooooh
    Staff Member Tech Admin

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    this,

and and daily readings of el reg

4. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    I have a working knowledge of the most common technologies but there are a few i haven't really used yet such as the iphone, ipod, or my favorite, the Wii. If nothing, i'd like to get a Wii this year, if i can afford it. I don't go out of my way to research technology. But i try to keep updated especially with online communication though. I like to be aware so that if someone mentions, i don't seem too clueless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Gaze, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  5. Norton

Norton XXXX

Threads:
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    Enneagram:
    XXXX
    As an EE, I can say that, once you know the basics, each new thing is just an extrapolation.

6. Wyote

Wyote Dad of the Ded
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    This.

7. Siamese cat

Siamese cat Madame Cat strikes again

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    Agree and applies to me to.

When it comes to technology that is not for commercial use i read a lot of journals like Control engineering and such. Commercial I'm bound to stumble upon because I'm, as somebody previously said, surrounded by people who are into it.

8. Scatterbrane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Growing up as a wee nerd helps. :m058:
    If I wasn't already well familiar with the basics, I might suck at keeping up. Sometimes I need to tell myself "goddammit you know these things, toughen up" when I'm being nervous and skittish about adopting new devices or applications.

9. Kavalan

Kavalan Has risen

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    1W9
    I have a RSS feed to the Journal of the American Chemistry Society, And angewandte chemie. Even though more than half I don't read there are a few interesting things that come across the wire worth reading.

10. Krumplenump

Krumplenump Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    eftagawrg
    At school I was fairly in the know, but these days I'm not so savvy on technology. Well, I am, but I tend to discover things after they've been out for a while. If what I'm using serves my purposes I'm not that fussed with getting the latest things. I have a dented and chipped old ipod nano, a 5 year old sturdy desktop, a mid-range phone with a gummy cover on it which is very touchy-feely. I keep up with technological knowledge fairly well though, so whatever I'm using, I can get the most out of it and I don't see technology as frightening or the skills it involves unattainable.

#10 Krumplenump, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010