Jesus, in general. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Jesus, in general.

This is my point though, who says the scriptures you recognize were not written by the antichrist?

What the Scriptures and the Church teach do nothing to contradict a humble love of God, nor especially, transfer that love to prideful love of self, nor to a creature.

Some protestants and jews claim that worshiping Christ, or the Blessed Sacrament is doing just that - leading people to worship a mere man, or a piece of bread. However, the faith is very explicit in teaching that the humanity of Christ is only adorable (literal adoration) insofar as it is connected to the Divine Person. Likewise, the Blessed Sacrament is adored because the belief is that during the Mass it is substantially changed to the body, blood, soul, and most importantly, divinity of Christ. So, even if a priest deliberately failed to consecrate the Blessed Sacrament, and presented mere bread for people's adoration, morally, they would still be adoring God, even if objectively they were mislead by a deceitful priest -because the subjective reason for adoring a consecrated host is because of its substantial identification with the divinity of Christ.

In the hypothetical you pose, you propose that someone come and claim to be Christ and set about showing the Scriptures are false. This would require a principle of demonstration which directly contradicts a humble love of God and of neighbor, which is what the Scriptures contain. Such things cannot be of God and in themselves would contradict the claim of divinity of such a person, and would contradict the reason for revelation in the first place. That is to say, the only purpose in seeking to dispose of the Scriptures would be to dispose of their message, which is a message of love. Such a purpose cannot be of God, but is characteristic of His enemies.

I find it an irony that protestants claim to love the scriptures, but their founders deliberately disposed of parts of the Bible which require one to avoid sin in order to serve God and attain salvation. I think Martin Luther was an antichrist, who precisely claimed that certain books of the Bible were false - including New Testament books which all scholarship agrees were written by Apostles. The effect of Luther and his associated protestants were to lead people into an ease with sin, a prideful presumption that they would reach paradise irrespective of this, and a promotion of a very great hatred of their contemporary Christians, who at that time were all either Catholic or Orthodox Christians, whose differences were at that time mostly disciplinary, not doctrinal.

Last edited:
What the Scriptures and the Church teach do nothing to contradict a humble love of God, nor especially, transfer that love to prideful love of self, nor to a creature.

Some protestants and jews claim that worshiping Christ, or the Blessed Sacrament is doing just that - leading people to worship a mere man, or a piece of bread. However, the faith is very explicit in teaching that the humanity of Christ is only adorable (literal adoration) insofar as it is connected to the Divine Person. Likewise, the Blessed Sacrament is adored because the belief is that during the Mass it is substantially changed to the body, blood, soul, and most importantly, divinity of Christ. So, even if a priest deliberately failed to consecrate the Blessed Sacrament, and presented mere bread for people's adoration, morally, they would still be adoring God, even if objectively they were mislead by a deceitful priest -because the subjective reason for adoring a consecrated host is because of its substantial identification with the divinity of Christ.

In the hypothetical you pose, you propose that someone come and claim to be Christ and set about showing the Scriptures are false. This would require a principle of demonstration which directly contradicts a humble love of God and of neighbor, which is what the Scriptures contain. Such things cannot be of God and in themselves would contradict the claim of divinity of such a person, and would contradict the reason for revelation in the first place. That is to say, the only purpose in seeking to dispose of the Scriptures would be to dispose of their message, which is a message of love. Such a purpose cannot be of God, but is characteristic of His enemies.

I find it an irony that protestants claim to love the scriptures, but their founders deliberately disposed of parts of the Bible which require on to avoid sin in order to serve God and attain salvation. I think Martin Luther was an antichrist, who precisely claimed that certain books of the Bible were false - including New Testament books which all scholarship agrees were written by Apostles. The effect of Luther and his associated protestants were to lead people into an ease with sin, a prideful presumption that they would reach paradise irrespective of this, and a promotion of a very great hatred of their contemporary Christians, who at that time were all either Catholic or Orthodox Christians, whose differences were at that time mostly disciplinary, not doctrinal.
Its going to take a minute to respond to this, ill need to be at a computer rather then my phone.

Think certain letters were called Apocrpha; while others, antilegomena. Luther had his own terms for each.

Last edited:
If Jesus Christ as was written of in the bible appeared on earth today, how could he prove himself to be the son of God in your eyes?
There is no proving it. He either is or is not.

What would it take for you to follow him in your eyes?
I'd have to feel it.

If he did a couple of magic tricks as he did supposedly did in the past, would that be enough?
I'd not abide magic tricks. I don't think that powers mean anything.

"Perhaps your fox can perform that trick, but that is not the manner of Zen. My miracle is that when I feel hungry I eat, and when I feel thirsty I drink."

Once he proved himself, if he told you the bible was false, how would you feel about that?
I'd point out to him that he appeared as written in that book and therefore he is calling himself false and therefore should disappear.

The questions that are posted sound like "Can God make a square circle?"

If Jesus Christ as was written of in the bible appeared on earth today, how could he prove himself to be the son of God in your eyes?
Don't know how to answer this... Probably would be a feeling sort of thing, but, i don't know
What would it take for you to follow him in your eyes?
Then again, a certain feeling
If he did a couple of magic tricks as he did supposedly did in the past, would that be enough?
No.

Once he proved himself, if he told you the bible was false, how would you feel about that?

Seems possible, i'm not a christian, and i highly doubt there's a god ahead, but if there is, then i'm pretty sure that what he haves to say would be pretty different from what he said 2000 years ago, modernity and progress changed the mentality of the people in pretty dramatic ways.

Last edited:
Jesus would just miracle the belief into me. No prob.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

We are all sons and daughters of God (because we are all God). So it wouldn't take anything to prove this point to me.

What would it take for you to follow him in your eyes? I don't have a need to follow anyone, but I would respect any good he does. Just as I would respect any human being who sets good examples.

People are so eager to be led by something or someone other than themselves. What's up with that?

As I said he would have nothing to prove to me, so magic tricks wouldn't be necessary.

Me: You're preaching to the choir, J.C.

Last edited by a moderator:

In short, it'd be the second coming as described in the bible.

What would it take for you to follow him in your eyes? If he did a couple of magic tricks as he did supposedly did in the past, would that be enough?

Well if he appeared suddenly without warning like a flash of lighting across all the earth, that might be enough.

Wouldn't believe it, Bible warns about that kind of thing more then a few times.

Its interesting to note that after starting this thread I find it to be labor to respond to those people wanting to tell me how I am wrong or question why I am right.

Honestly I really dont care what people believe. Believe in Christ or dont, if it makes you happy I am happy for you. Just dont tell me Im going to your hell for not believing the same thing you do. One of a few things are going to happen. I die, find myself in the hell you describe, become pissed off and join Satan to bring down your God. Yes really. You may say, "Ha foolish human, God is all powerful you will never win" To which I say, give an ant a reason and a trillion years and he will figure out how to bring down a human. The second is, we die all end up in the same place but you find out God and Jesus were all just stories created by man at which point you feel like an ass and I never let you forget to feel like an ass.

Well firstly I would like to apologize that the "christians" you have interacted with have been so hateful. Please forgive their ignorance and know that they probably don't read the bible very often so they don't know the message of love that it is full of. My beliefs are based on what I have read in the bible. There is no hell actually mentioned in the bible. There is a lake of fire and brimstone but the only people to go there are those who take the mark of the beast. From what I have surmised based on actually reading the Bible is that when you die and go before the Father for judgment is that he will judge your heart. I believe that if at that time you repent and ask forgiveness you will be admitted into heaven based on the fact that his love, mercy, and grace never end. So as long as you either die before the antichrist takes over the world or if he does while you are alive and you don't follow him you will have one last chance to accept salvation. If I am wrong about my beliefs he will correct me in time and I ask for forgiveness if I mislead anyone with these words. Love is the answer to all of mankind's problems and I mean real unabashed and unselfish love not the current societal view of what love is.

Well firstly I would like to apologize that the "christians" you have interacted with have been so hateful. Please forgive their ignorance and know that they probably don't read the bible very often so they don't know the message of love that it is full of. My beliefs are based on what I have read in the bible. There is no hell actually mentioned in the bible. There is a lake of fire and brimstone but the only people to go there are those who take the mark of the beast. From what I have surmised based on actually reading the Bible is that when you die and go before the Father for judgment is that he will judge your heart. I believe that if at that time you repent and ask forgiveness you will be admitted into heaven based on the fact that his love, mercy, and grace never end. So as long as you either die before the antichrist takes over the world or if he does while you are alive and you don't follow him you will have one last chance to accept salvation. If I am wrong about my beliefs he will correct me in time and I ask for forgiveness if I mislead anyone with these words. Love is the answer to all of mankind's problems and I mean real unabashed and unselfish love not the current societal view of what love is.

This kind of sentiment may be sweet to the ears of lost people, but it's utterly repulsive to God.

If you want to know what love is, look to Christ on the cross, suffering for the sins of his people.

He bore the wrath of God, though he never once sinned, in thought word, or deed, for one second!

WHY?

Because he loved his people, and poured out his soul unto death, to reconcile them to God, through his blood.

THAT is love.

Your sins have separated you from God, but if you want forgiveness, BELIEVE on the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

He will ABUNDANTLY PARDON all those who BELIEVE on his name.

But if you despise and reject him, and do not follow him, the wrath of God abides on you.

You'll have to confess you're a sinner, and BOW to KING JESUS before God will accept you and love you.

You are hoping God will accept you "just because," but salvation is only IN CHRIST.

I pray to God he will sweep away your refuge of lies, and draw you, by faith, to the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Last edited:
This kind of sentiment may be sweet to the ears of lost people, but it's utterly repulsive to God.

God is love. Jesus was humble despite being the Son of God. God is the ultimate judge, not you.

Reactions: say what
God is love. Jesus was humble despite being the Son of God. God is the ultimate judge, not you.

Yes, God is the judge. And he will punish every last sin of every last sinner who does not possess faith in Christ.

"....for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

Yes, God is the judge. And he will punish every last sin of every last sinner who does not possess faith in Christ.

"....for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

quoting scripture doesn't make your self righteousness any more justified.

Reactions: say what
If jesus is the logos come to return mankind to spirit then its very possible that the logos is once again raising consciousness at the moment; we could arguably be experiencing the second coming right now

How would we know this?

We would have to observe what is going on in our material world and see if there is a consciousness shift occuring

Interesting...

Well I would have to guess that in your world, should this in fact come to pass, I am on a one way ticket to hell. I will not repent, nor will I ever ask for forgiveness less it be of myself to forgive.

[MENTION=11142]SovereignGrace[/MENTION] it's people with the attitude that you have and who have never experienced the love of god who pushed me away from church always judging and condemning those around them. And what I stated is actually from the Bible so maybe you should try actually reading it for once with an open mind. Instead of taking scripture and using it to "prove" your narrow view points that are not actually aligned with scripture. Love is the answer and until you realize this you won't be able to reach out to people. Jesus didn't go around condemning and hating everyone around him, he loved them and showed them that love with acts of kindness and bringing joy into their lives. We are to use him as a model of how to live yet most American Christians only want to claim it as a social badge or use it as a pedestal to put themselves above others and look.down on them it is sickening. It says in scripture people will know us by the love we share for one another. Where is the love!!!

Reactions: j654dgj7
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/12/harvard-satanic-black-mass-canceled/

This is total BS. Their religion is just as valid as anyone elses. If students are allowed to hold catholic or other like mass, they should be allowed to hold their black mass.

To be fair, their not being chased off, Harvard said they could stay. They instead chose to leave instead of causing a spectacle, which when you really think about it is strange considering it was practice originally organized to make a mock spectacle of Catholic mass.

Not saying either is right or wrong in the matter, Harvard has long since divorced it'self from it's religious history and the people who are calling for this to be shut down probably don't know the difference between laveyan Satanism and theological satanism which I'm sure is part of what kind of understanding the school club wanted to promote.

Still the when you call yourself a satanist you do it with the expectation of this kind of reaction maybe even the encouragement of such a response. The fact that they backed down shows more about their conviction to their philosophy then anything else.

All and all just people being people.