Jesus, in general. | INFJ Forum

Jesus, in general.

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
If Jesus Christ as was written of in the bible appeared on earth today, how could he prove himself to be the son of God in your eyes? What would it take for you to follow him in your eyes? If he did a couple of magic tricks as he did supposedly did in the past, would that be enough?

Once he proved himself, if he told you the bible was false, how would you feel about that?

Where do you people come up with this? Like rubbing others wrong?

They are questions you certainly dont have to answer them. I am trying to understand religious thought processes better.

I would go on to say that, it rubs ME wrong when people state I am going to their hell because I dont believe in THEIR God. So if we want to talk about people who have been rub the wrong way, we can start talking about me.

Reactions: Skarekrow
This brings up another great question. Which gods hell am I going to? There are 17 major religions in the world and it seems as if there will be many gods fighting over who gets to put me in their hell....

This brings up another great question. Which gods hell am I going to? There are 17 major religions in the world and it seems as if there will be many gods fighting over who gets to put me in their hell....

Most Christians (Catholics, Protestants, Quakers, you name it) would believe that you're going to Heaven if you're a good person.

I believe everyone goes to Heaven, because I don't believe that Heaven is like a night club that won't let you in because you're wearing white shoes. Original sin, Jesus died to save all of us.

Most Christians (Catholics, Protestants, Quakers, you name it) would believe that you're going to Heaven if you're a good person.

I believe everyone goes to Heaven, because I don't believe that Heaven is like a night club that won't let you in because you're wearing white shoes. Original sin, Jesus died to save all of us.
Whose "good" though. :)

Really? You are unsure what hell we are talking about on this thread?

Really? You are unsure what hell we are talking about on this thread?

Seeing as this is his thread, and he addressed the Hell question for all people to consider, I don't see the problem here. Also it's "which Hell" and "in this thread".

teddy-bearshaggy-l-cuddles-48-amber-teddy-bear-w-i-love-you-heart---giant-ma1z5aev.jpg

Seeing as this is his thread, and he addressed the Hell question for all people to consider, I don't see the problem here. Also it's "which Hell" and "in this thread".

View attachment 20777

Of course you don't see a problem. You're too busy jacking off to grammar.

If Jesus Christ as was written of in the bible appeared on earth today, how could he prove himself to be the son of God in your eyes?

I don't think that he would come back physically at all. If he did, however, I would have to take it by faith, I suppose. It's a great question. I think I would hope for a spectacular entrance :)

What would it take for you to follow him in your eyes?

I take it you mean follow him as a disciple, if not please correct me. It wouldn't take anything for me to follow him. He is the champion of the poor, disenfranchised and needy. He made it so that the meek and poor would be specially enfranchised after this life. That's music to my ear. He was awesome. Following someone that is awesome is easier than following a minister or organization that preaches hate and exclusivity.

If he did a couple of magic tricks as he did supposedly did in the past, would that be enough?

I think he found that most people, like us, aren't too impressed by theatrics. We need to know intellectually what he stood for, and what we were in for. Jesus never held back in saying what he believed and what he thought was a great idea for us to do. Really, who can argue with his points? Be nice to each other! Love every one, don't do anything to others that you wouldn't want done to you.

Once he proved himself, if he told you the bible was false, how would you feel about that?

If the question is whether or not I would trust the risen Jesus Christ above the documents written about him, then the question would be an absolute yes. The pages are just that - pages. We need to live the religion, or else it doesn't hold any importance. If the religion isn't flexible for addition or subtraction of new information, it's a dead fish.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
I'd be more concerned about what Obama is doing(if you are a good person...) than WWJD. If your true intent is to try and make fun of something you will not take the time to study yourself, my guess is you are playing with fire. Lead one of these little ones astray and you may very well find out the meaning of wrath. He protects His own.

This isn't answering your questions but it reminded me of a discussion I had with a friend yesterday. She used to attend church and raised her kids to be I think Presbyterian. Now she says she believes in higher power but she is against religion and doesn't believe in Jesus. I have problems with religion but I believe in God and Jesus.
She acts like it is dumb to believe in this stuff because she says there is no proof, but yesterday she was trying to convince me to watch a documentary that explains how humans were created by aliens that came down to earth. She thinks this makes more sense to her and she was a little peeved because I wasn't open to the idea that we were created by aliens. She is replacing one belief system with another that has very little credibility. I don't understand how she can put down people who believe in Jesus but now thinks that we should all believe that we were created by aliens. I would never tell her that she has to believe what I believe but now she wants me to believe this new stuff. She can't see that she is acting like the religious people she doesn't like.

The
I'd be more concerned about what Obama is doing(if you are a good person...) than WWJD. If your true intent is to try and make fun of something you will not take the time to study yourself, my guess is you are playing with fire. Lead one of these little ones astray and you may very well find out the meaning of wrath. He protects His own.

So my questions that are intended to cause people to think outside of the box they have put their mind in is my way of making fun of something. I see.

Trust me, I take religion far too seriously to ever make fun of it. I know the consequences for doing so.

Last edited:
For me, Jesus doesn't need to do anything to prove he is the son of God, I believe that he doesn't need you to believe it - the truth of it, or not. Jesus to me, is someone/something/an entity, that is there to provide knowledge in how to live a loving, kind and honest life. It is not up to Jesus to prove to us that we should do it, nor does he want us to believe in him...he simply wants us to embrace the idea that kindness and empathy for all should be engrained in our life.

To me, Jesus could be a teacher who gives me a lesson on love and kindness. He could be an experience that reminds me to forgive. Jesus is just a teacher, trying to provide us with an understanding of how to live life. It is up to us to take in that lesson and understand it.

Thinking outside the box and questioning the scriptures is very different. This isn't psychology.

If Jesus Christ as was written of in the bible appeared on earth today, how could he prove himself to be the son of God in your eyes? What would it take for you to follow him in your eyes? If he did a couple of magic tricks as he did supposedly did in the past, would that be enough?

If someone came and set about proving he was God, no matter how convincing it might be, I would be sceptical, because it would seem to contradict the importance of belief. If he went on to negate the Scriptures, I would be certain I was dealing with an antichrist.

The only way someone could convince me he was God would be for him to show me God, that is, the beatific vision.

Thinking outside the box and questioning the scriptures is very different. This isn't psychology.
Scriptures written by men who were all just men and as such corruptible.

If someone came and set about proving he was God, no matter how convincing it might be, I would be sceptical, because it would seem to contradict the importance of belief. If he went on to negate the Scriptures, I would be certain I was dealing with an antichrist.

The only way someone could convince me he was God would be for him to show me God, that is, the beatific vision.
This is my point though, who says the scriptures you recognize were not written by the antichrist?