Jealousy | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Jealousy

Mijn God! Jullie komt uit de Nederlanden?

Ik vrees van niet, we wonen er iets ten zuiden van.

Belgium, that is. ;D

Ah! I'd continue in Dutch, but I don't want to derail this thread. I'll make a thread in the languages section!

As for my contribution to the idea of jealousy, I would equate selfishness with a kind of insecurity. Ultimately, when it comes down to it, selfishness is the desire to control a resource (in this case, attention, among other things) and to secure it from the control of others...

Agapooka

If you are in a relationship with someone--would you mind if he or she has many friends of the gender they are attracted to?

Considering that I would only be in a relationship with someone who was interested in a nonsexual relationship, which is highly likely that they would be asexual, then I don't understand how this question applies. Also you used the term gender, are you implying people aren't attract to the sex of a person but what gender they try to personify? Clarification would be good. So since my partner would not be attracted to either 'gender', then I guess I wouldn't care.

Why or why not?

Well the question in itself doesn't seem to apply.

Would you consider yourself the "jealous type"?
No because I don't understand why anyone would be jealous. It seems like a very irrational and childish emotion.

Some people would say that jealousy is basicly insecurity--could you contribute a different reasoning for it?

I don't think people really experience jealousy, and if they do, it makes no sense to me.

If you are in a relationship with someone--would you mind if he or she has many friends of the gender they are attracted to?

Considering that I would only be in a relationship with someone who was interested in a nonsexual relationship, which is highly likely that they would be asexual, then I don't understand how this question applies. Also you used the term gender, are you implying people aren't attract to the sex of a person but what gender they try to personify? Clarification would be good. So since my partner would not be attracted to either 'gender', then I guess I wouldn't care.

Why or why not?

Well the question in itself doesn't seem to apply.

Would you consider yourself the "jealous type"?
No because I don't understand why anyone would be jealous. It seems like a very irrational and childish emotion.

Some people would say that jealousy is basicly insecurity--could you contribute a different reasoning for it?

I don't think people really experience jealousy, and if they do, it makes no sense to me.

Excuse me for asking the obvious--but how would your partner not be attracted to either gender...yet be your partner? Wouldn't you say you have a gender? You seperate the "sex of the person" and their "gender" what do you mean by that?

Can you clarify?

If they don't experience jealousy then what do they feel in your opinion?

Excuse me for asking the obvious--but how would your partner not be attracted to either gender...yet be your partner? Wouldn't you say you have a gender? You seperate the "sex of the person" and their "gender" what do you mean by that?

Can you clarify?

If they don't experience jealousy then what do they feel in your opinion?

Sex is whether a person has male or female DNA and other defining characters that correlate with that. Sex can also be intersexed, have male DNA but female reproductive organs...etc. Sex is complicated, but it is biological.

Gender, on the other has, is a socially constructed perception of feminity and masculinity and how each sex should act or corresponde, what clothes they should wear, what interests they should have. I considered myself agendered, so no, I don't have a gender.

I am severely confused by the concept of someone being attracted to socially constucted perceptions of how a person should act, like, and dress.

I don't know what they experience, nothing important or noteworthy though.

Reactions: bagelriffic
I don't really have a jealousy issue in my current relationship. I don't judge him for finding other women attractive. He actually goes out of his way to try to not to make me jealous, which is silly lol. But yes I could be jealous, I am selfish about my time with my best friend/room mate/possibly life mate. Doesn't matter if he is with guys or girls. He prefers more guys/few girls. I don't feel jealous of other girls though, that's all just competition if not your friend.

Sex is whether a person has male or female DNA and other defining characters that correlate with that. Sex can also be intersexed, have male DNA but female reproductive organs...etc. Sex is complicated, but it is biological.

Gender, on the other has, is a socially constructed perception of feminity and masculinity and how each sex should act or corresponde, what clothes they should wear, what interests they should have. I considered myself agendered, so no, I don't have a gender.

I am severely confused by the concept of someone being attracted to socially constucted perceptions of how a person should act, like, and dress.

I don't know what they experience, nothing important or noteworthy though.

Hmm, you don't have to say but I'm curious as towhether you have male or female DNA and how you go about your days in regards to dressing and mannerisms, ways of speaking and such. I wonder if it is perceived to be more masculine or femenin by that majority of the society who perceives society through this social construct.

I'd say I get very jealous of others but not in regards to a partner, kinda strange I guess. Basically for me it's on a personal level, I'll get jealous of someone's position.

Last edited:
Doesn't that seem more like narcism than jealousy though? People can't always talk about what they're feeling with their partner peoples feeling could get really really hurt. What if you thought your partner was getting too fat or you hated their mother, there's certain issues I just think you can't bring up.

Or you think their mom is getting too fat =P