Not open for further replies.

Anomaly

Selah.
Jul 4, 2021
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8 sx
Let's talk about fear. I'm curious if there will be any similarities amongst those here. If you were to fill in each of these jars with a particular amount based on your fears, what would your jars of fear look like?

Here's a blank to fill out using whatever application you have on hand. I'll reply mine afterwards. haha.

jar of fears.jpg

Attachments

• jar of fears.png
    jar of fears.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 10
I'm not afraid of any of those things. My sheet is blank.

It would be interesting if two trends appeared, i.e. some people many low-intensity fears versus others with a few high-intensity fears.

I'm not afraid of any of those things. My sheet is blank.
Interesting.

While I regard particular fears in esteem to their very nature, it is not the same as being able to withhold my own reactions to that fear. I don't go around worried about clowns at every corner, and I likely wouldn't scream if I saw one, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be afraid if one dragged me under the bed. Fear is not the same as the reaction to that fear being realized. I think the distinction is necessary here, and this is just for fun, take it as you will. Thanks for your response.

Great idea, Lore :)

Here's my contribution.

View attachment 82482
Thank you for answering, Ren. : )
I may have exaggerated my fears a bit haha.

What is the nature of fear around heights for you? I almost answered that I was a bit afraid of them, but it isn't the actual height for me, it is the potential to fall and be seriously injured that does it for me. If I could fall and die, then somehow it isn't as frightening. I rode in a hot air balloon and due to the nature of the height, I knew if I fell, I'd merely pass on. However, standing on the edge of a balcony of a four story gives me extreme vertigo. How do you experience it?

Thank you for sharing, ESC.

I like how you did tiny dots in a few of them. Do you see the ones that you connected as being interconnected to one of those fears and the rest as a sub-categorization? I thought similarly, if so. I noticed that you drew lines flowing from one fear to another in a continual loop-- I see fear similarly in that some fears are merely representative of a core fear. I would see social anxiety leading to fear about public speaking, for example. I'm curious if this is a correlation for you as well.

Thank you for sharing, ESC.

I like how you did tiny dots in a few of them. Do you see the ones that you connected as being interconnected to one of those fears and the rest as a sub-categorization? I thought similarly, if so. I noticed that you drew lines flowing from one fear to another in a continual loop-- I see fear similarly in that some fears are merely representative of a core fear. I would see social anxiety leading to fear about public speaking, for example. I'm curious if this is a correlation for you as well.

aye, much like that.

:3

the fear of the abuser... (my dad) where i've ended up going insane due to longterm and it's resulted in failure.
the fear of public speaking is kinda just anther branch of the same tree. Due to the bullying i experienced, i ended up getting really self conscious of my actions, and really scared of even performing publically... this resulted in my fear of people. as i don't know how they would react as all i know is failure.

Both instances are what imposed the fear of failure... and the fear of failure is prevolent... even though it is undermining and i am often not gonna admit it.

i must confess, i did use a similar thought of how you made it seem like water flow on yours, so i tried emulating water... however... it looked more like lines. lol

fear_lore.png

About Failure: I don't have fear about failure as a part of the process of learning or getting new abilities, or even taking challenges. My fear is related to look behind in the end of life.

the fear of the abuser... (my dad) where i've ended up going insane due to longterm and it's resulted in failure.
the fear of public speaking is kinda just anther branch of the same tree. Due to the bullying i experienced, i ended up getting really self conscious of my actions, and really scared of even performing publically... this resulted in my fear of people. as i don't know how they would react as all i know is failure.

This one is a big one for me too. I think that we go through so many subconscious emotional and psychological expectations from those who have harmed us, that bringing that to consciousness in order to make decisions to protect ourselves and heal keeps us trapped in allowing ourselves to be harmed again. Taking a stand against the abuse in order to make new decisions is ultimately difficult without self reflection, healing, and community.

:stressed:Hoomans are interesting and beautiful.

ngl the idea of death isn’t that scary though of course as a human it would be natural to have questions, BUT I feel a little selfish for being afraid to die alone knowing someone may miss me, but yet fearing losing them even more.

Attachments

• 94801191-F136-493F-9C5C-CEC9027930E3.jpeg
    94801191-F136-493F-9C5C-CEC9027930E3.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Flies, and similar insects. They make me tense.
Some days I don't feel it.

There are some things that concern me, but is that fear in the same way?
Fear isn't entirely bad, it drives us towards or aways from things.
No, fear isn't necessarily bad. I think it is human, and a catalyst to that which spurs us to action and often is a means of motivation if the response is healthy. I don't like flying insects either. I had a terrible interaction where a JuneBug landed and got tangled into my hair when I was little. I prefer they stay as far away from me as possible. haha. <3

Agreed. Within healing cases it’s definitely different from protection where sometimes correction can be so severe or inappropriate that it’s not something that you would be drawn towards. In that case we definitely all fail to it, but are healing and learning the difference in the two and developing and healing. Especially under constant abuse whether in childhood or carrying it into adulthood. I wasn’t and am to this day not allowed to have feelings.

Interesting.

While I regard particular fears in esteem to their very nature, it is not the same as being able to withhold my own reactions to that fear. I don't go around worried about clowns at every corner, and I likely wouldn't scream if I saw one, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be afraid if one dragged me under the bed. Fear is not the same as the reaction to that fear being realized. I think the distinction is necessary here, and this is just for fun, take it as you will. Thanks for your response.
I would think in that case it would be more a fear of being dragged under the bed than a fear of the clown itself, but that's just my interpretation. I could see how someone could develop a phobia to clowns if they had that experience though.

I would think in that case it would be more a fear of being dragged under the bed than a fear of the clown itself, but that's just my interpretation. I could see how someone could develop a phobia to clowns if they had that experience though.
Yessss!! There’s certain traumas that happen in life that show up symbolically. Like clowns represent fathers, spiders to overprotective mothers, heights to failure or even the direct fear itself, etc. it doesn’t leave out the direct fear but there is a symbolic reminder of what happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESC2367 and Anomaly
Status
Not open for further replies.