It's supposedly Constitutional, BUT | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

It's supposedly Constitutional, BUT

I get it but I'm sure you understand my point.

I'm not blind to the fact by the way that this sort of thing is inherently complicated if you look at just the mechanisms on how to deal with criminality from a president and what the response should. There are some unrefined areas that need clear definitions regardless of recent circumstances.
Yeah that is food for thought.

Ok it seems I misunderstood your question again, a little more time please.

https://www.nationalguard.mil/About-the-Guard/Army-National-Guard/About-Us/
On the national guard website:
The National Guard has a unique dual mission that consists of both Federal and State roles. For state missions, the governor, through the state Adjutant General, commands Guard forces. The governor can call the National Guard into action during local or statewide emergencies, such as storms, fires, earthquakes or civil disturbances.

In addition, the President of the United States can activate the National Guard for participation in federal missions. Examples of federal activations include Guard units deployed to Kosovo and the Sinai for stabilization operations, and units deployed to the Middle East and other locations in the war on terrorism. When federalized, Guard units are commanded by the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating.
It's DC. It's the president's jurisdiction.

Yes and i think he had the right to say these things, just like the Democrats do. What's your point?
Point is, you were making it seem as if only democrats were saying it.

Hmmm...
https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/ar...kdown/65-afd10329-b508-4cbc-939a-5901a1b33d53
Both Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan announced the guard deployment. President Trump also said that troops would be deployed to the District.

"My team and I are working closely with Mayor Bowser, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer to respond to the situation in Washington, D.C.," Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam tweeted. "Per the Mayor's request, I am sending members of the Virginia National Guard along with 200 Virginia State Troopers."

Reactions: Rit4lin
you will never convince a trumper of anything but trumpism. . it's like trying to teach a pig to sing. . it frustrates you and irritates the pig

Reactions: Sandie33
you will never convince a trumper of anything but trumpism. . it's like trying to teach a pig to sing. . it frustrates you and irritates the pig
I sing just off key.

Oink oink motherfucker
giphy.gif

And it is my opinion that he should be disqualified, for the threat he poses to the democratic process in the United States. For this behaviour to go unpunished, as the House Managers have indicated, would set a dangerous precedent for what is considered 'acceptable presidential conduct'. We would see every candidate have to amass a force of brownshirts to engage in political intimidation, including the intimidation of election officials.

Congress is well within their jurisdiction to attempt to guard against this threat, using the instrument of impeachment, to protect the integrity of the republic.

Exactly.

The philosophy behind impeachment is how to remove people from office after the election is over. "Damn, things went bad after he took office, what do we do?" But out of office impropriety is handled by public opinion (as in you don't vote for him again) and illegality is handled by the courts. All you're doing is skirting democracy.

Well, the fact remains that constitutional law scholars don't agree with you. So the bar is pretty high is you intend to demonstrate that they are wrong.

I know that once his followers breached the Capitol he tweeted "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!” I also know that around 40 minutes later he tweeted “I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!” Why wouldn't he call them off and ask them to go home? Why wouldn't he condemn the violence after it was happening? Why did this attack go on for HOURS before he asked them to stop?

Finally, he asked his followers to go home, said he loved them and they were very special. Why would he say he loved insurrectionists and that they were special? He followed up later by tweeting about how this is what happens when an election victory is stripped away, essentially justifying the violence and that it was the fault of Mike Pence (who they wanted to hang) and "weak Republicans" and of course the Democrats for "stealing" the election - for which there is still zero evidence.

Why is it that he wouldn't call the National Guard? Why is it that he knew that the insurrectionists were his followers but didn't tell them to stop sooner? When people were dying? When his own VP was in danger? When Giuliani called for trial by combat that the rally, why didn't he correct that? Letting it slide and then praising Giuliani could potentially imply support for this kind of suggestion.

We have to ask those questions. We can't just say that he posted 2 tweets about "peace" and forget everything else. We have to look at all of the tweets, the speeches and the behaviours leading up to January 6th and in the aftermath.

Do you feel that Trump did enough to stop these attacks? Do you feel he was justified in adopting the Stop the Steal slogan when it was proven over and over that he lost? Why would he not want a peaceful transition of power when he knew he was a loser? What was the motivation here? Why not concede after he exercised all legal options to overturn the results?
I agree that all his tweets and bad behaviour culminated in the final event. These people were literally groomed. It was reported that he sat there 2 hours before saying anything. Watching TV, one witness reported.

Like any good plotting narcissist he tweeted to protect his own image. The call to peace was damage control.

https://www.nationalguard.mil/About-the-Guard/Army-National-Guard/About-Us/
On the national guard website:
The National Guard has a unique dual mission that consists of both Federal and State roles. For state missions, the governor, through the state Adjutant General, commands Guard forces. The governor can call the National Guard into action during local or statewide emergencies, such as storms, fires, earthquakes or civil disturbances.

In addition, the President of the United States can activate the National Guard for participation in federal missions. Examples of federal activations include Guard units deployed to Kosovo and the Sinai for stabilization operations, and units deployed to the Middle East and other locations in the war on terrorism. When federalized, Guard units are commanded by the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating.

I believe during the trial it was established that Trump would have been responsible because attacking the Capitol is a federal problem. It was also touched on that the Governor did not have jurisdiction in this situation. I did not see that being contested.

Reactions: Rit4lin and David54
I agree that all his tweets and bad behaviour culminated in the final event. These people were literally groomed. It was reported that he sat there 2 hours before saying anything. Watching TV, one witness reported.

Like any good plotting narcissist he tweeted to protect his own image. The call to peace was damage control.
There has just been a vote to allow subpoenas for witnesses and other documentation so I hope that this is cleared up. I am sure Americans would love to know what was going on with their own President during a violent attack on their democracy.

...this link is disabled
“Any time we would employ troops and guardsmen in the city, you had to go through a rigorous process. As you recall, there were events in the summer that got a lot of attention, and that was part of this,” William J. Walker, the DC National Gaurd's [DCNG’s] commanding general, said in an interview with The Washington Post...
Walker was referring to the guidelines (like those in the memo[
The document purportedly written by a Trump appointee did not order any person or entity to take away weapons from Guard members. Rather, it required McCarthy, who oversees the DCNG, to request approval from the defense secretary in order for Guard members to use weapons, helmets, body armor or riot control agents — as well as to share equipment with other law-enforcement agencies — during the preplanned gatherings of Trump supporters on Jan. 5 and Jan. 6.
]) that required the highest-level approval for the Guard to fully launch into law-enforcement mode.

As a result of such restrictions, Walker told The Washington Post that when he received a panicked phone call from Capitol Hill Police about the extremists preparing to break into the Capitol on Jan. 6 (which occurred around 1:50 p.m., per the defense department’s timeline) he could not immediately deploy Guard members to help. He instead needed to wait for approval from[Army secretary Ryan] McCarthy, who then waited for an answer from [ acting Defense Secretary Christopher] Miller.

At 3 p.m, Miller approved full activation of the DCNG (1,100 members) to help district and Capitol Hill police and directed those troops to secure the Capitol, the department’s timeline showed.

(See here for our fact check into a separate claim that the Department of Defense initially denied a request by D.C. officials to deploy the Guard.)

In sum, a reputable news outlet and a New York Times journalist corroborated the claim that Miller issued a Jan. 4 memo that required Guard leaders to seek prior approval before using weapons during the pro-Trump protests. It was an inaccurate portrayal of that purported order to claim that the Trump appointee “disarmed” — or took weapons away from — Guard members before the demonstrations, like The National Memo alleged.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/national-guard-capitol-riot/
that's an hour and ten minuets to get a reaction from the defense secretary on a violent mob attacking the US capitol? And that's not Trump's doing? Are you high?

And this is why Americans will lose America. This is why the United States is over. The two party lie. If you pick a side you lose. There is no room for the opposite opinion. The whole we must crush the opposition. When the fighting starts and it will. I hope you all enjoy the world you created. There can be no peace in minds who only want war. No peace in minds that want control. I’ve listened to 4 years of he didn’t win the election. 4 years of non relenting witch hunt. Against everyone who even thought of supporting him. You don’t believe in freedom. You do not believe in equality. One party rule is not freedom. That’s democracy. Democracy is mob rule. America is a republic individual rights matter. There is zero reason for America to exist as a democracy. As a democracy the American public will punish those they disagree with. Politically and personally ruin a person because they disagree with their views. That’s democracy. Democracy has no place in the United States. They are using democracy as a weapon against people who disagree with them politically. They claim that since they were elected it’s all legit because they were voted for. It’s sad when both political party’s forget who they work for. And turn their back’s on the very people they are supposed to represent. I have not heard one of these public servants ask themselves if maybe they caused the capitol riots by their actions. If they are at fault for putting people out of business with their COVID-19. Our very own govt gave them money to do “studies” on the COVID-19 strain. They are they problem. And yet you defend cowards and liars. You vote for cowards and liars. It’s you the in educated voters that have ruined this country. And when your successful getting rid of your adversaries then you will begin the work on getting rid of yourselves. I recommend reading agenda 21 or agenda 2030. Go look it up it’s on the United Nations website. These globalists are real. Their takeover of the world economy is real. And as we have all seen with Obiden he’s cozy with the Chinese. And why do we need Chinese goods? Why not make it here? Why not put people to work? This downward spiral has been happening my whole life. Year by year things get worse and worse. And because it gets worse they need to pass new laws. They are making it worse so they can have control. The Germans did the same things to their political opposition. And when the citizens were stirred up with their own anger they unleashed it on their fellow citizens. We are here now. And we are guilty of the same actions. And yet because humans make exceptions for their own behaviors they never have to be accountable for their actions. But you who has been deemed less than because of your thoughts needs to be re educated. I thought Infjs could sense when the cheese was going sour. That they could look at a situation and see the forest from the trees. Guess not. I’m seeing a lot of clear cutting going on. With no respect for the other plant life that needs those trees to survive. Who will be the voices of reason before it is too late. I don’t get much outta this forum anymore. It’s lost it’s way for quite some time.

And this is why Americans will lose America. This is why the United States is over. The two party lie. If you pick a side you lose. There is no room for the opposite opinion. The whole we must crush the opposition. When the fighting starts and it will. I hope you all enjoy the world you created. There can be no peace in minds who only want war. No peace in minds that want control. I’ve listened to 4 years of he didn’t win the election. 4 years of non relenting witch hunt. Against everyone who even thought of supporting him. You don’t believe in freedom. You do not believe in equality. One party rule is not freedom. That’s democracy. Democracy is mob rule. America is a republic individual rights matter. There is zero reason for America to exist as a democracy. As a democracy the American public will punish those they disagree with. Politically and personally ruin a person because they disagree with their views. That’s democracy. Democracy has no place in the United States. They are using democracy as a weapon against people who disagree with them politically. They claim that since they were elected it’s all legit because they were voted for. It’s sad when both political party’s forget who they work for. And turn their back’s on the very people they are supposed to represent. I have not heard one of these public servants ask themselves if maybe they caused the capitol riots by their actions. If they are at fault for putting people out of business with their COVID-19. Our very own govt gave them money to do “studies” on the COVID-19 strain. They are they problem. And yet you defend cowards and liars. You vote for cowards and liars. It’s you the in educated voters that have ruined this country. And when your successful getting rid of your adversaries then you will begin the work on getting rid of yourselves. I recommend reading agenda 21 or agenda 2030. Go look it up it’s on the United Nations website. These globalists are real. Their takeover of the world economy is real. And as we have all seen with Obiden he’s cozy with the Chinese. And why do we need Chinese goods? Why not make it here? Why not put people to work? This downward spiral has been happening my whole life. Year by year things get worse and worse. And because it gets worse they need to pass new laws. They are making it worse so they can have control. The Germans did the same things to their political opposition. And when the citizens were stirred up with their own anger they unleashed it on their fellow citizens. We are here now. And we are guilty of the same actions. And yet because humans make exceptions for their own behaviors they never have to be accountable for their actions. But you who has been deemed less than because of your thoughts needs to be re educated. I thought Infjs could sense when the cheese was going sour. That they could look at a situation and see the forest from the trees. Guess not. I’m seeing a lot of clear cutting going on. With no respect for the other plant life that needs those trees to survive. Who will be the voices of reason before it is too late. I don’t get much outta this forum anymore. It’s lost it’s way for quite some time.
Well said my friend. There is much to repair and heal, in this thing we call democracy. As for my part, I have grown testy, and I need to own and see my part in divisiveness..it is time to heal this nation, and in a lesser way, this place..