It's official: Brexit is Here | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

It's official: Brexit is Here

I mean, to be fair, Britain's joining the U.S., Japan, and other perfectly well-functioning (For now) economies by leaving. I believe it'll take a temporary hit, but not a permanent one, as it finds ways to adapt to its exports having the huge disadvantage that exports from first-world countries have in a global market.

Except that the US's economy is currently on life support.

Really? Tell that to the Irish economy. I think it lost the memo.

Ireland has been dirt poor for centuries, until the over accelerated, debt driven growth of the last thirty years. Your economy is paying now, but the net result will still be better than it used to be.

An analogy could be people who take out loans to get a nice Bentley motor car; they have a good run, but can't expect anyone to feel any sympathy, when it eventually gets repossessed.

What Britain really needs is a wall to separate it from Mexico.

What do you mean? Does Britain have free access to the Japanese or American market?

I was saying more that the U.S. and Japan aren't in those sorts of trade unions and are doing fine. Worse than the UK in the measurements I checked, though.

Things change when people stand up and demand change. As is the case in America though sometimes you have the wrong people standing up for the wrong reasons demanding the wrong change. We want free stuff! The battle cry of the liberal movement.

[MENTION=14664]dang[/MENTION] It was a sort of tongue in cheek comment, just really dry humour, I knew you weren't serious about the civil war.

Now you are bringing up hockey and that’s serious business. We should be starting a hockey thread

[MENTION=14785]In the Wings[/MENTION] You haven't heard of NAFTA ot the TPP?

[MENTION=14785]In the Wings[/MENTION] You haven't heard of NAFTA ot the TPP?

I have, but from what I understand those were guarantees to different countries that we wouldn't put tariffs on any of their stuff, rather than guarantees that we would put tariffs on some people's stuff and that we'd have free trade with others. Small but relevant difference.

If I'm wrong, tell me, though.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] When the poor want support from the government that an "Entitlement" or a "handout". When the rich and corporations want they feel they are entitled because they are too big to fail. Also there are no sequences for their failure, just like what happen in 2008

NAFTA and TPP are free trading blocs. Now the UK has to negotiate with the blocs. A relatively small country thats the issue

skGroSl.png

http://www.poverty.org.uk/06/index.shtml

Hmm.

But this just proves that people of ethnic minorities in England are poor? These low income houses aren't allocated, they are privately rented. Hmm, indeed..?

Ireland has been dirt poor for centuries, until the over accelerated, debt driven growth of the last thirty years. Your economy is paying now, but the net result will still be better than it used to be.

An analogy could be people who take out loans to get a nice Bentley motor car; they have a good run, but can't expect anyone to feel any sympathy, when it eventually gets repossessed.

I disagree with you entirely. Ireland's politicians make a killing and are completely out of touch with how things work. They will continue to run the country into the ground and I do not feel confident in the decisions they will be making now Post Brexit.

I'll just say this:

The social media brigade are doing their best to make their own remain campaign look more divisive than any movement in our history in the last few decades. They've spent the entirety of the last two days blaming just about every leave voter under the sun, as well as the older generation (even those in their 30s); calling them every 'ism' in the dictionary of professional victim-hood and manipulation.

Even before Jo Cox's body turned cold, before she was even declared dead, the left-wing pundits on social media (and the Guardian) blamed the Brexit campaign; claiming their rhetoric was 'hateful' and using more isms to galvanise further finger-pointing so that the media could further provide its negative outlook on a possible exit from the EU. The emotional propaganda continued with the mainstream media the following days. Remain campaign activists continued to lecture the Brexit campaign on how to have political discourse, despite their huge doublethink; they were quick to point fingers and draw political lines based on claims that were denied by the attackers' own eyewitnesses. They then used the media-led spin to treat her death exactly like the death of Princess Diana in 1997. Members of the political and media establishment flocked to commemorate how brilliant she was to democracy and political rights; praising her pro-EU stance. 'Discussions' were held on every television channel to demand that the political discourse 'must change to be more gentle and compassionate' - implying that the leave campaign was indirectly responsible for her death. In reality, the Brexit campaign was positive in-comparison to the remain campaign's scare-mongering. I don't use that term lightly, as it is currently being thrown about to mean all kinds of manipulated connotations. The only thing that happened, which was predicted to happen months before, was a shock drop in the markets; why? Because they chose to listen to the wrong people before the votes were counted. They preferred to rely on the bets that were placed in favour of a remain win, and acted accordingly; basically relying on a bunch of gamblers, and the petulant children trying to demand a second referendum are now blaming the majority of voters and insulting their personalities instead of wondering, on any serious measure, why they had the grievances they had against the EU superstate. They're living in their own self-absorbed little world. They refuse to concede until democracy either fails, or they get the result they want. These people have no intention to respect democracy, that is why they voted to remain in an unaccountable, unrepresentative, bureaucratic waste of taxpayers' money. After the vote, the 'gentle and compassionate' political discourse that the left demanded of the leave side has suddenly disappeared, as they took to social media to condemn members of their own electorate instead of respecting democratic rights; further dividing the nation. Hypocrisy at best, double-think at worst. I think it is high-time the established 'remain' rhetoric considers its tone over the past few weeks instead of blaming other people for their own reliance on people's uncertainty and economic fears.

The British state and its people will prosper as a result of this referendum. There will not be a depression, despite the media-led spin of the market's terrible choices. All of a sudden, the left are worshipping the opinions of bankers and big-business financiers when they have spent the last few years spitting in their faces. The Twitter brigade will remain unhappy because the people they despise won the vote for their democratic autonomy; their true colours have been revealed to the world. Britain will remain a European country; closely linked to their neighbours economically, but no longer governed by unrepresentative civil servants that have undermined British democracy since the early 1990s. The younger voters have no idea what the Iron Curtain did to Europe, and that hideous system of control that Europeans managed to emancipate from afterwards. The EU system has been drifting slowly toward such control; the parliament is a room full of talking heads with no real power to overrule. They were overruled by the Commission: the real power within the EU's heavily rigid and centralised power structure.

Brexit prevails.

Last edited:
Can California secede from the US now and become an independent nation? Please. Let's do this! If CA were a country it would be in the G8 I have heard. Santa Monica could be the new capital of the country of California. Change is good.

I cant tell if this is humor or not. If California of all states seceded it would die...and quickly. It cant stand on its own and hasnt been able to for decades

Edit: my own fault for joining in a discussion on politics on the forum. *chills*

Last edited:
To lighten the mood...

BREXIT.jpg

Right lads.

I know emotions are running high and we're all a bit worried about what the future will hold for the Irish economy and such now that brexit actually happened.

Luckily, I've been brainstorming and I think I've come up with a simple 12 point plan:

1) we save up all our pocket money and buy a giant scissors. Like one at least 2km long.

2) we take our scissors on the ferry over to Scotland as a gift for Nichola Sturgeon.

3) Nichola, on the sly, starts severing the English/Scottish border with the scissors

4) if the English notice and start kicking up a fuss we send in some craic squads of Irish football fans to distract them with cans and a sing-song

5) we attach the now free-floating Scotland to Paul O' Connell, who has been patiently floating off the west coast of Scotland

6) Paul tows Scotland over to the top of our Island and we swap it with the north (remember: we still have the scissors)

7) we glue Scotland to the top of Ireland while Paul tows the north up past buncrana towards sligo, where we use more glue to attach it there

8) we *maybe* repeat the whole process with Wales, still on the fence about this one, might have to take a vote

9) our newly formed country 'The Celtic Isles' remains in the EU

10) we win all the football forever and probably all the other sportsball too I guess

11) England has a big cry cos now it's basically that kid no one invites to the party cos he's kind of a dick

12) The Isle of Man is like 'guise whats going on lol' but no one answers because seriously, fuck the Isle of Man, state of it

I don't think there are any objective flaws in this plan and I spent nearly three minutes coming up with it so it's probably rock solid.

Credit: Graham O'Malley

Reactions: Gaze
Such awful luck that they left their home countries and migrated to a white country thousands of miles away in a misguided hope for handouts and easy living, yea. Really bad "luck."

I didn't realize countries had colors. Fascinating.

This could mark the begining of the end of the UK

brexit-map-945.png

Attachments

• brexit-map-945.png
    brexit-map-945.png
    25 KB · Views: 1