It's official: Brexit is Here | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

It's official: Brexit is Here

This has happened in just about every election in history. This is somehow an exception?

No. I don't claim it to be an exception. It just proves once again how dumb people really are. Vote whichever way you want but at least inform yourself and make sure you understand what you're voting for.

Referendums are different than other elections. The same question doesn't come every 4 years and decisions made are not easily reversed. I'm Canadian and have experience had experience with 2 Referendums, where nothing less than the future of the Canadian federation was at stake.

Referendums are different than other elections. The same question doesn't come every 4 years and decisions made are not easily reversed. I'm Canadian and have experience had experience with 2 Referendums, where nothing less than the future of the Canadian federation was at stake.

I'm French Canadian living in Ontario and I was incredibly pissed off when the last referendum was so close. So many people didn't understand what they were voting for and if the balance had tipped over to the 'yes' side we would have faced some really challenging times. That was too close for comfort. I can imagine how terribly some people are feeling in Britain and Europe right now.

Reactions: brightmoon
Just had to share this comment from an editorial on Brexit in the Los Angeles Times:

"Next up? Oustria, Finnished, Czech-out, Italeave, or my favorite...Departugal. Ha"

:roll:

Just had to share this comment from an editorial on Brexit in the Los Angeles Times:

"Next up? Oustria, Finnished, Czech-out, Italeave, or my favorite...Departugal. Ha"

:roll:

Though of an appropriate hashtag for my country just in case - perhaps #Leavuania :D

A lot of people are sharing the demographical breakdown of voters according to age. The point being that young people mostly wanted to stay, the old folks wanted to leave. The past should not rule over the future they say. But when I think about it, the elderly are the only ones who have seen with their own eyes how life was before EU and how it has changed later. Therefore they are the most objective in this situation and their opinion definitely should not be discarded.

Though of an appropriate hashtag for my country just in case - perhaps #Leavuania :D

A lot of people are sharing the demographical breakdown of voters according to age. The point being that young people mostly wanted to stay, the old folks wanted to leave. The past should not rule over the future they say. But when I think about it, the elderly are the only ones who have seen with their own eyes how life was before EU and how it has changed later. Therefore they are the most objective in this situation and their opinion definitely should not be discarded.

That's a neat point.

I'm actually disgusted with this thread and how some members here are conducting themselves.

I assume this is a discussion on Brexit. It has passed. You are free to celebrate, but some of us definitely have questions about what this means for the future. The referendum passed 51% - 49%. Plenty of us would have liked to see a remain vote and are free to discuss that as we wish.

The only people I see here being disrespectful are those who are happy with the vote. No one is being a sore loser. The other side has plenty of valid points and questions too.

Grow up.

I myself am anxiously waiting to see what this is going to mean for the Brits living abroad or the many Irish or even Europeans living in GB at the moment. Will they be able to continue working or will they need work visas. Will free movement be cut off? Scotland is probably leaving, but what does this mean for Northern Ireland who also wanted to remain in? Are the Northern Irish borders going to be closed again? There are cries of reunification yet again. What will this mean for Irish trade? The Irish trade a lot with the UK and 40+% of our meat and dairy products come from the UK each year. Any effing excuse for our government to hike up prices....

Reactions: brightmoon
The most asked questions for Google in UK are 1) What is the EU? and 2) What does it mean to leave the EU? It's pretty scary that people were voting and didn't research the post-referendum future until after the vote was made. There are also quite a few regretting the vote, because good or bad, they didn't think of the consequences, just the seemingly overwhelming positives that were discussed during the leave campaign. It almost sounds like very few thought about the actual reality of the decision. This was too big a decision to not research ahead of time.

The most asked questions for Google in UK are 1) What is the EU? and 2) What does it mean to leave the EU? It's pretty scary that people were voting and didn't research the post-referendum future until after the vote was made. There are also quite a few regretting the vote, because good or bad, they didn't think of the consequences, just the seemingly overwhelming positives that were discussed during the leave campaign. It almost sounds like very few thought about the actual reality of the decision. This was too big a decision to not research ahead of time.

Most voters are clueless. The dark side of democracy.

[h=1]$657B in U.S. wealth shredded by 'Brexit'[/h] Matt Krantz, USA TODAY6:46 p.m. EDT June 24, 2016
636023874701245295-AFP-552973044-82592402.JPG

(Photo: CHRIS J RATCLIFFE, AFP/Getty Images)

Brexit isn't just a European problem after all. The United Kingdom's decision to quit the European Union is costing U.S. investors a pretty penny.
Big U.S.-based companies in the Standard & Poor's 500, including online advertising companyAlphabet (GOOGL), software maker Microsoft (MSFT) and global bank JPMorgan Chase (JPM), suffered a collective loss in market value Friday of $657 billion, according to a USA TODAY analysis of data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. More than $160 billion in market value was erased from just the 30 stocks in the Dow Jones industrial average, says Howard Silverblatt, index strategist at S&P Dow Jones Indices.
The dramatic erasure of market value of big U.S. companies shows the double-edged nature of rising global commerce. Actions by a nation across the Atlantic can set off global asset repricing that costs U.S. investors serious money and reduces the value of U.S. companies.
Alphabet, the parent company of Google, was the company to suffer the biggest market value blow. The stock's 4.2% decline to $685.20 a share cut the company's market value by $20.4 billion in one day. Alphabet is still the second-most valuable company in the S&P 500 at $470 billion, but the company's 9% revenue exposure to the United Kingdom wasn't something investors were willing to pay up for Friday.

Tech's heavily global nature, and potential hit to earnings due to the strong U.S. dollar, showed up in the blow to Microsoft, too. The company saw its market value drop $16.3 billion as the stock dropped 4% to $49.83 a share.
While some other banks endured larger percentage drops in stock prices, the 6.9% drop to JPMorgan's stock price resulted in the biggest market value hit suffered by any financial to the tune of $16.3 billion. The bank got 15% of its revenue from Europe, the Middle East and Africa over the past 12 months.
Apple, the most valuable stock in the S&P 500 and Dow wasn't spared, either. The market of digital gadgets fell 2.8%, pushing the stock close to its low, and wiping out $14.8 billion in market value.
Looks like Britain's choice is taking money out of our pockets, too.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2016/06/24/brexit-wipes-out-657b-us-wealth/86354806/

[/FONT]

The reality of the decision in terms of facts that we ACTUALLY know are real: The market dropped and then began to slowly recover as expected. We will spend two years negotiating free trade deals with other countries, as well as consolidating our relationship with EU member states.

Everything else is an assumption at best.

The reality of the decision in terms of facts that we ACTUALLY know are real: The market dropped and then began to slowly recover as expected. We will spend two years negotiating free trade deals with other countries, as well as consolidating our relationship with EU member states.

Everything else is an assumption at best.

Regardless, these are questions you ask before not after the vote.

Regardless, these are questions you ask before not after the vote.

I'm aware of this. That's why I spent four years making my decision. I'm glad the other 17.4 million decided to vote with me. Democracy trumps visas.

I did not make a comment picking a side, just an observation about people not informing themselves. I just can't understand people going to vote for something that they haven't checked out thoroughly first and then regretting it.

I suspect David Cameron is the person who regrets the referendum the most.

Anyhow, if you are in a relationship, which suppresses your identity, and limits your freedom and self determination, the full details of breaking up might be a secondary consideration to freedom.

Reactions: Elegant Winter
I suspect David Cameron is the person who regrets the referendum the most.

Anyhow, if you are in a relationship, which suppresses your identity, and limits your freedom and self determination, the full details of breaking up might be a secondary consideration to freedom.

MWdKvdt.png

All I can say is that I hope that I have been wrong. That the economy won't be dragged into a new recession, that housing, human rights, workers rights, food standards, wages and benefits will be cut for people in the UK, that europeans won't be forced out of the country and that this won't cause a toxic divide between people. I really hope I will be proven wrong.

All I can say is that I hope that I have been wrong. That the economy won't be dragged into a new recession, that housing, human rights, workers rights, food standards, wages and benefits will be cut for people in the UK, that europeans won't be forced out of the country and that this won't cause a toxic divide between people. I really hope I will be proven wrong.

Don't worry, freeloaders will still have public money thrown at their fat, lazy, clammy hands.

Perpetual growth in the economy without recessions is a bit Pollyanna, as far as wishes go.