Is it an INFJ trait to speak less and observe more as you get older? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is it an INFJ trait to speak less and observe more as you get older?

One of my pet peeves is rambling questions and answers. I feel like if I ask a question, most people will ramble on and on when they could answer the question in two or three sentences. Same with people asking questions in academic conferences or seminars. I feel like it is a total waste of my time to hear someone's ramblings and make every effort to be concise and to the point in my own questions and answers, including in emails or texts.

Lately, I have also realized that I talk less. Perhaps this is our of fear that people will ramble and waste my time if I converse with them at length, but I also seem to prefer observing more than talking. Is this an INFJ trait or just me getting older?

Yes, I'm seeing this more and more is true and as a preference. It's annoying because I feel I have a lot to say at times, but in the context of what I'm doing it wouldn't matter. Less is more.

One of my pet peeves is rambling questions and answers. I feel like if I ask a question, most people will ramble on and on when they could answer the question in two or three sentences. Same with people asking questions in academic conferences or seminars. I feel like it is a total waste of my time to hear someone's ramblings and make every effort to be concise and to the point in my own questions and answers, including in emails or texts.

Lately, I have also realized that I talk less. Perhaps this is our of fear that people will ramble and waste my time if I converse with them at length, but I also seem to prefer observing more than talking. Is this an INFJ trait or just me getting older?

I've found I observe more than I talk as I get older. Either I'm not interested in most conversational topics, or go with "You don't want to know what I think TRUST ME!" lol. This introvert "people drains" fast, so it works swimminglyyy. :smirk:

Reactions: aeon, Asa and Wyote