Is it acceptable to live a passive life? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Is it acceptable to live a passive life?

Hmmm, i've read a compilation of essays titled this way. Don't have the title of all of them, unfortunetly, but the subjects covered seemed connected with that question, suicide seemed pretty much connected with the actions of an individual and the effects upon the the concept of the absurd.

Suicide tends to be one of the things that comes to mind with many people when they realize the absurd. I don't know why that is, I guess trying to make sense of things is somehow wired into our brains.

However upon further examination one finds that suicide is also absurd.

Active/passive/lazy/patient are all just subjective value judgments.

Suicide tends to be one of the things that comes to mind with many people when they realize the absurd. I don't know why that is, I guess trying to make sense of things is somehow wired into our brains.

However upon further examination one finds that suicide is also absurd.

IMHO, IFF you have people who care deeply about you, or you haven't realized the absurd. Living a pointless life I find to be pointless. To whatever degree people are willing to humor me on the necessity of my actions for their benefit, I'll go along, but I find unnecessarily prolonging things to be distasteful. The only compelling happiness that I find is that of loved ones and good people.

As to the o.p., yes, surely. People have different standards for themselves, and that's their business, so long as it doesn't make my life miserable. Otherwise, I will do my best to drag people to the finish line if I feel I have to.

Last edited:
IMHO, IFF you have people who care deeply about you, or you haven't realized the absurd. Living a pointless life I find to be pointless. To whatever degree people are willing to humor me on the necessity of my actions for their benefit, I'll go along, but I find unnecessarily prolonging things to be distasteful. The only compelling happiness that I find is that of loved ones and good people.

As to the o.p., yes, surely. People have different standards for themselves, and that's their business, so long as it doesn't make my life miserable. Otherwise, I will do my best to drag people to the finish line if I feel I have to.

Well another take, which also happens to be my personal take, is that absurdity is only problematic to the logical. That's what absurdity is about - not objectively being able to find the logical purpose. Of course objectivists will tell you that it can be reasoned out, but can it really, or are they just deluding themselves to avoid madness?

I don't have a problem with existence because I don't expect it to be logical, therefore the absurdity does not bother me. The problematic connotation of absurdity is just an arbitrarily assigned value judgement.

the only problem is that this description is a MBTI description, and MBTI descriptions are laughable.

Here is a low-key Socionics descriptions of ENTJs, one that shoudn't scare you too much of a "ENTJ new world order", as you like to make things.
By the way, I think all you INFJ vs ENTJ fantasies are for childrens, and with all your respect, you should grow up..

Ahh

but your description doesn't match that study that shows that ENTJ's are the highest paid and often push to the top of corporations

There was an extroverted sensor type that becomes their sub manager

This i have seen in real life and i'm sure many people here can testify to that dynamic

The MBTI description fits and you are going to find your opinions constantly at odds with many people on this forum if you continue to ignore MBTI and speak about socionics which as we have established was born of the USSR which was a centralised control system that favoured ENTJ's and where INFJ's were seen as troublesome thinkers

A famous fictional ENTJ would be Emperor Palpatine high priest of the dark side of the force, architect of the intergalactic New World Order, lord of the sith, arch deceiver and creator of the death star, the destroyer of worlds:

The_1c2bae_897644.jpg

The_1c2bae_897644.jpg

You see ENTJ's have a hunger for power and as intuitives they often engage with the occult as an avenue to power but they do not couple their powers to their hearts and minds like INFJ's do so they drift to the dark side and are ruled instead only by their mind.....this means that they fail to cross the abyss and their beings calcify into a rigid shell that is focused purely on power within the temporal realm

Lets have another look at the ENTJ type:
"I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"​
ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.
ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.
TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)
ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.
Functional Analysis
Extraverted Thinking

"Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone. Introverted iNtuition

The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.] Extraverted Sensing

Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition's philosophy. Sensing's minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T. Introverted Feeling

Feeling is romantic, as ethereal as the inner world whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows neither nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item. Famous ENTJs:

U.S. Presidents:Franklin D. Roosevelt
Richard M. Nixon Lamar Alexander (US Senator)
Les Aspen, former U.S. Secretary of Defense
Candace Bergen (Murphy Brown)
Rahm Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff
Harrison Ford
Newt Gingrich
Whoopi Goldberg
Benny Goodman, "Big Band" leader
Al Gore (U.S Vice President, 1993-2001)
Penn Jillette
Steve Jobs
Dave Letterman
Steve Martin
General Norman Schwarzkopf
Patrick Stewart (STNG: Jean Luc Picard)
Margaret Thatcher
Robert James Waller (author: The Bridges of Madison County)
Sigourney Weaver
Fictional ENTJs:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Amy Farrah Fowler
Leonard's Mother

http://typelogic.com/entj.html

I'd add:

Dick Cheney
British Prime Minister Maragert Thatcher who presided over a peadophile ring in government in the 1980's that is now being exposed

Last edited:
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]

[video=youtube;qWkUFxItWmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkUFxItWmU[/video]

Ahh

but your description doesn't match that study that shows that ENTJ's are the highest paid and often push to the top of corporations

There was an extroverted sensor type that becomes their sub manager

This i have seen in real life and i'm sure many people here can testify to that dynamic

The MBTI description fits and you are going to find your opinions constantly at odds with many people on this forum if you continue to ignore MBTI and speak about socionics which as we have established was born of the USSR which was a centralised control system that favoured ENTJ's and where INFJ's were seen as troublesome thinkers

A famous fictional ENTJ would be Emperor Palpatine high priest of the dark side of the force, architect of the intergalactic New World Order, lord of the sith, arch deceiver and creator of the death star, the destroyer of worlds:

View attachment 21660

The_1c2bae_897644.jpg

You see ENTJ's have a hunger for power and as intuitives they often engage with the occult as an avenue to power but they do not couple their powers to their hearts and minds like INFJ's do so they drift to the dark side and are ruled instead only by their mind.....this means that they fail to cross the abyss and their beings calcify into a rigid shell that is focused purely on power within the temporal realm

Lets have another look at the ENTJ type:
"I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"​
ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.
ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.
TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)
ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.
Functional Analysis
Extraverted Thinking

"Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone. Introverted iNtuition

The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.] Extraverted Sensing

Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition's philosophy. Sensing's minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T. Introverted Feeling

Feeling is romantic, as ethereal as the inner world whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows neither nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item. Famous ENTJs:

U.S. Presidents:Franklin D. Roosevelt
Richard M. Nixon Lamar Alexander (US Senator)
Les Aspen, former U.S. Secretary of Defense
Candace Bergen (Murphy Brown)
Rahm Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff
Harrison Ford
Newt Gingrich
Whoopi Goldberg
Benny Goodman, "Big Band" leader
Al Gore (U.S Vice President, 1993-2001)
Penn Jillette
Steve Jobs
Dave Letterman
Steve Martin
General Norman Schwarzkopf
Patrick Stewart (STNG: Jean Luc Picard)
Margaret Thatcher
Robert James Waller (author: The Bridges of Madison County)
Sigourney Weaver
Fictional ENTJs:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Amy Farrah Fowler
Leonard's Mother

http://typelogic.com/entj.html

I'd add:

Dick Cheney
British Prime Minister Maragert Thatcher who presided over a peadophile ring in government in the 1980's that is now being exposed

lol I'm done with this. Study well "that study that shows"...
I guess you're just scared like shit by your imaginary ENTJ ! They are cooming for you muir!

The articles you posted are so stupid and idiotic, its frightening, especially the one you posted now. To say about a entire type that "This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader." and they have a "need for power" its just...
I don't know how people like you think!

Edit: I jsut realised how scary that picture is...o my...you were right muir. ENTJs are so evil! I see it now, its all in that photo, I can see that all what you said is true. Let's run, run for our lives, run from the ENTJ!!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Last edited:
Could you explain?

There's no definable or measurable way to delineate or label an action as one way and not the other.

"Patience is a virtue."
and
"Idle hands are the devil's playthings."

Is sleep an activity or non-activity/inactivity? Is boredom a sign of patience or idleness? What separates 'patience' from 'idleness'?

This all depends on what context you're using it as. It is used relative to some other action in which we compare it to.

Passivity is just relative to some other behavior that we label 'active,' but does not quantifiably measure anything although it may be used in association with something measurable, like say calories burnt or income earned. It is a qualitative label like good or bad.

Hence, patience is associated with 'goodness' and idleness with 'badness', but neither is descriptive of separate and distinct activities or non-activities. They are connotative descriptors of similar activities.

Compare the parable of the talents with Jesus' statements towards wealth:

Returning after a long absence, the master asks his servants for an accounting. The first two servants explain that they have each put their money to work and doubled the value of the property they were entrusted with, and so they are each rewarded:

His lord said to him, "Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord."

The third servant, however, has merely hidden his talent in a hole in the ground, and is punished:

He also who had received the one talent came and said, "Lord, I knew you that you are a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not scatter. I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the earth. Behold, you have what is yours."

But his lord answered him, "You wicked and slothful servant. You knew that I reap where I didn't sow, and gather where I didn't scatter. You ought therefore to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received back my own with interest. Take away therefore the talent from him, and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will be given, and he will have abundance, but from him who doesn't have, even that which he has will be taken away. Throw out the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

"The eye of a needle" is scripture quoted by Jesus recorded in the synoptic gospels:

I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:23-26

Parallel versions appear in Mark 10:24-27, and Luke 18:24-27.

The saying was a response to a young rich man who had asked Jesus what he needed to do in order to inherit eternal life. Jesus replied that he should keep the commandments, to which the man stated he had done. Jesus responded, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." The young man became sad and was unwilling to do this. Jesus then spoke this response, leaving his disciples astonished.

Any non-activity or passivity can become an activity when put into another context. Resting on the Sabbath is in some sense a religious duty or activity in which to be fulfilled just as it may be considered the lack of activity when looked at from the perspective of secular labor.

Last edited:
Reactions: LucyJr
[MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

Yes and to an extent this is objective but relative. Relative and subjective are not the same thing - something could be both, one, or neither.

This is illustrated by the concept of relative motion. You feel like you're sitting still but you're spinning around with the rotation of the earth. You think the earth is rotating but it's also revolving around the sun. The planets revolve around the sun but the sun travels through the galaxy. The sun travels through the galaxy but the galaxy is also travelling through space.

In the end even when you're sitting still, you're hurtling through space at some 870,000 mph.

Active and passive can be objectively defined here though. Your blazing fast movement through space is mostly passive. You don't go that fast - and can't - with your own energy, the energy is imparted externally. Consider a glider vs. a powered aircraft. Both move, one moves itself and the other is passively moved by external forces.

lol I'm done with this. Study well "that study that shows"...
I guess you're just scared like shit by your imaginary ENTJ ! They are cooming for you muir!

The articles you posted are so stupid and idiotic, its frightening, especially the one you posted now. To say about a entire type that "This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader." and they have a "need for power" its just...
I don't know how people like you think!

Edit: I jsut realised how scary that picture is...o my...you were right muir. ENTJs are so evil! I see it now, its all in that photo, I can see that all what you said is true. Let's run, run for our lives, run from the ENTJ!!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Well if every article i look at all say that the ENTJ type is often insensitive and has a hunger for power and likes to climb the corporate ladder then its not in my 'imagination' is it?

Also that survey i posted which showed ENTJ's as the highest earners...thats cos they're the 'executive' type

I'll discuss their role in society some more when i have time. It ties in with the whole 'authority' discussion and really with the whole dynamic of our society and the nature of power and how it is expressed

ENTJ's seem to love corporations and as we all know the corporations are screwing our society over...so i think this is an important new area for research

When you listent to peoples stories about their insensitive arsehole bosses and we have all met such types then you kind of begin to notice patterns in society

You seem very keen to defend them though......maybe you should go and work for one

@muir

[video=youtube;qWkUFxItWmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkUFxItWmU[/video]

Its like putting a microphone to the heart of the borg!

DSI_hdapproach.png

What kind of people would build something like this? not INFJ's that's for sure!

Attachments

• DSI_hdapproach.png
    DSI_hdapproach.png
    495.2 KB · Views: 5
[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to tell me...

Relative motion depends on which frame of reference you're using which is synonymous with a subjective viewpoint.

Do you mean to say that we can speak of these reference frames or speak about subjectivity in an objective manner?

I'd agree with that, but that is still dependent on a frame of reference. If taken in totality there is either no such thing as a state of rest or there is no such thing as motion as Parmenides was fond of stating. We must establish a more limited frame of reference in which we define what the state of rest is, i.e. an inertial frame of reference.

In physics, an inertial frame of reference (also inertial reference frame or inertial frame or Galilean reference frame or inertial space) is a frame of reference that describes time and space homogeneously, isotropically, and in a time-independent manner.

All inertial frames are in a state of constant, rectilinear motion with respect to one another; an accelerometer moving with any of them would detect zero acceleration. Measurements in one inertial frame can be converted to measurements in another by a simple transformation (the Galilean transformation in Newtonian physics and the Lorentz transformation in special relativity). In general relativity, in any region small enough for the curvature of spacetime to be negligible, one can find a set of inertial frames that approximately describe that region.

Physical laws take the same form in all inertial frames. By contrast, in a non-inertial reference frame the laws of physics vary depending on the acceleration of that frame with respect to an inertial frame, and the usual physical forces must be supplemented by fictitious forces. For example, a ball dropped towards the ground does not go exactly straight down because the Earth is rotating. Someone rotating with the Earth must account for the Coriolis effect—in this case thought of as a force—to predict the horizontal motion. Another example of such a fictitious force associated with rotating reference frames is the centrifugal effect, or centrifugal force.

We can certainly establish an inertial frame of reference (a passive state) in which to compare to some non-intertial reference frame (an active state), but these same points of reference can and will change if we then change our reference frame to some other.

You may be sitting in the car riding with a passenger and you see your passenger as being stationary, but to an outside observer you both appear to be traveling at however many miles per hour you are currently accelerating at.

Let's put it in simpler terms.

The difference here is like the difference between saying "this apple is red" vs "this apple is beautiful".

Both are subjective but one is extrinsically derived. What red looks like to you is a subjective qualia of 'redness', but the property actually exists - i.e. you could detect it with an electronic device of some kind.

This is the same with reference frames. Changing values are not necessarily subjective values, they're relative ones. Subjective values depend on the viewer itself, reference frames depend on the viewer's situation. Anything else in the same location as the viewer will also detect relative differences, whether it's a machine, or a leaf blowing across the sidewalk.

Can you believe any list which puts Newt next to FDR?

"List of individuals who cause the truth of lists to be doubted when more than one of them appear on a list"

Let's put it in simpler terms.

The difference here is like the difference between saying "this apple is red" vs "this apple is beautiful".

Both are subjective but one is extrinsically derived. What red looks like to you is a subjective qualia of 'redness', but the property actually exists - i.e. you could detect it with an electronic device of some kind.

This is the same with reference frames. Changing values are not necessarily subjective values, they're relative ones. Subjective values depend on the viewer itself, reference frames depend on the viewer's situation. Anything else in the same location as the viewer will also detect relative differences, whether it's a machine, or a leaf blowing across the sidewalk.

Okay, I think I'm beginning to see where you are coming from. I think we're on the same page on the term 'subjective' though you may have thought I was using subjective in a far looser sense. I hope to assure you that I'm not using 'subjective' in such a sense.

I think we sometimes think 'subjective' is a deragotory word used to mean absurd or nonsensical. I do not mean to imply that 'active' or 'passive' are nonsensical words without meaning, but simply that they are dependent on the context of their usage. Maybe I did mistakenly imply that by saying they were 'just' subjective value judgments. That may have made it seem dismissive on my part. I apologize if that is where this issue has arisen from.

Passivity is just relative to some other behavior that we label 'active,' but does not quantifiably measure anything although it may be used in association with something measurable, like say calories burnt or income earned. It is a qualitative label like good or bad.

Let's use your example of 'redness'. The color red is based on something measurable, i.e. the wavelength of reflected light (electromagnetic radiation). While this is measurable, the concept 'red' is an arbitrary delineation of the color spectrum. Because the spectrum is a continuum, delineating between parts of the same continuum is ultimately arbitrary. At exactly what measurement does 'red' become 'orange'? This is a qualitative judgment.

In physics, a continuous spectrum usually means a set of values for some physical quantity (such as energy or wavelength) that is best described as an interval of real numbers. It is opposed to discrete spectrum, a set of values that is discrete in the mathematical sense, where there is a positive gap between each value and the next one.

The classical example of a continuous spectrum, from which the name is derived, is the part of the spectrum of the light emitted by excited atoms of hydrogen that is due to free electrons becoming bound to an hydrogen ion, which is smoothly spread over a wide range of wavelengths; in contrast to the discrete lines due to electrons falling from some bound quantum state to a state of lower energy.

As in that classical example, the term is most often used when the range of values of a physical quantity may have both a continuous and a discrete part, whether at the same time or in different situations. In quantum systems, continuous spectra (as in bremsstrahlung and thermal radiation) are usually associated with free particles, such as atoms in a gas, electrons in an electron beam, or conduction band electrons in a metal. In particular, the position and momentum of a free particle have a continuous spectrum, but when the particle is confined to a limited space their spectra become discrete.

Often a continuous spectrum may be just a convenient model for a discrete spectrum whose values are too close to be distinguished, as in the phonons in a crystal.

The continuous and discrete spectra of physical systems can be modeled in functional analysis as different parts in the decomposition of the spectrum of a linear operator acting on a functional space, such as the Hamiltonian operator.

Yeah we're on the same page.

However I'd note that negative aspects might not be measurable which is why they require contrast. By negative I mean the opposite of positive - e.g. something that has quantifiable presence.

When it comes to full opposites like this you get weird situations. Passivity is not measurable because it's an anti-property. It's the complete opposite of a property. You come to find it by observing what doesn't happen.

Or think of it as measuring the antler length of a human. Humans don't have antlers. Or consider a catalog of things that don't exist.

Last edited:
There's no definable or measurable way to delineate or label an action as one way and not the other.

"Patience is a virtue."
and
"Idle hands are the devil's playthings."

Is sleep an activity or non-activity/inactivity? Is boredom a sign of patience or idleness? What separates 'patience' from 'idleness'?

This all depends on what context you're using it as. It is used relative to some other action in which we compare it to.

Hence, patience is associated with 'goodness' and idleness with 'badness', but neither is descriptive of separate and distinct activities or non-activities. They are connotative descriptors of similar activities.

Compare the parable of the talents with Jesus' statements towards wealth:

Any non-activity or passivity can become an activity when put into another context. Resting on the Sabbath is in some sense a religious duty or activity in which to be fulfilled just as it may be considered the lack of activity when looked at from the perspective of secular labor.

I can't enter into detail now, but I think the kind of relativity you are reffering is not applicable to virtues or vices, or about human actions, which are linked to morality.
Yes, there are many different contexts, but the moral principles remain the same.
Have you read Ethics of Aristotle? It will surely change your point of view I think.

Well if every article i look at all say that the ENTJ type is often insensitive and has a hunger for power and likes to climb the corporate ladder then its not in my 'imagination' is it?

Also that survey i posted which showed ENTJ's as the highest earners...thats cos they're the 'executive' type

I'll discuss their role in society some more when i have time. It ties in with the whole 'authority' discussion and really with the whole dynamic of our society and the nature of power and how it is expressed

ENTJ's seem to love corporations and as we all know the corporations are screwing our society over...so i think this is an important new area for research

When you listent to peoples stories about their insensitive arsehole bosses and we have all met such types then you kind of begin to notice patterns in society

You seem very keen to defend them though......maybe you should go and work for one

I learned to play guitar from one, and I sung in his bad for some time.
ENTJs are not by any means "bad". In fact they can be shy and sensitive, as "solid" as they may appear outwardly.

I don't think you're concentrating on the right cognitive type, if you really want some drama. How about ESTPs?
Those guys are indeed dangerous if they really want to be, yet they aren't.
So there is ESTJs, ENTJs, ESTPs, and ISTPs...the "tough" types. ESTPs are by far superior in "toughness", more so than any type, even ESTJs.
So if there is a natural "marshall", that is ESTP alone, and his introverted brother, ISTP.
ENTJs...nah. I can't worry about ENTJs because I know them, and they are not even closely as these articles makes them to be.