Is fear the root of all evil? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Is fear the root of all evil?

IMO, there are two cases for the root of greed:

1) fear

2) narcissism

The real question is this: does the narcissist possess fear of anything else than dwindling narcissistic supply?

I dont think that narcissism is ingrained or exists in a vacuum. I think its a learned response/attitude. I have known some narcissitic individuals, and in all truth they seemed like sad people that had no real love or belief in themselves. Ironic. Two of them were abused as children as well, and another had grown up in an environemt where they were constantly told they were not good enough- emotionally abused. I think that narcissism is a self protective response of a weak person. I dont think that narcissism is justifiable, but I do think that narcissistic individuals can evolve into mature humans if they have the personal strength, education, love and support to do so.

----------------------------------------------------------

I have been inspired by my chemistry classes and my wonderful lecturer.

Thinking more on all these things it seems that success in life and the world in general is determined by two factors:

Self awareness and Communication. So many conflicts in life can be solved with the combination of these two factors. Unfortunately they are the two hardest things to learn and live by.