Is emotional intelligence a strength or weaknes? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is emotional intelligence a strength or weaknes?

Doing something out of bare necessity is different then liking it. Its only a partial win.

Ah but somebody said the "w" word...and it wasn't me!!!!

I am willing to admit defeat to extents. I am not to proud to admit when i am wrong. INTJ's are after the ultimate truth after all. Correcting all wrong information is crucial to success.

I frequently try to avoid all emotions and expression during the large majority of my operations.

Unfortunately I am not al
ways sucessful, and such times I feel as if plagued by a sickness, but I certainley do my best.

Besides, who needs love when you have sugar?

I am willing to admit defeat to extents. I am not to proud to admit when i am wrong. INTJ's are after the ultimate truth after all. Correcting all wrong information is crucial to success.

So true. You have my INTJ admiration.

*Rolls eyes while sipping extra sweet tea from the floor below. Fails to hold back an indecent snort on hearing the words 'more valuable'*

I think the main problem is that we can more or less agree on a few types of things value wise, but really value discussions are pretty charged conversations that often won't end with a conclusive agreement, even if people keep their emotions in check. I think part of the reason is that, at some level, there isn't much to be done about dissent in values.

I can imagine an argument for, say, your example of what we should do about the homeless, but really I think no matter what we decide on there will, at some level, be a reason for some to be dissatisfied with the change. Also, I'm not really sure how this would be related to emotional intelligence. I think of emotional intelligence as knowing how to handle your own and other people's emotional aspects. I would argue that, depending on one's values, emotional intelligence could hurt or help a value-based discussion.

Last edited: