Is Adele a corporate puppet? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is Adele a corporate puppet?

Que???
Not quite sure I'm following you on this one... So you're saying if all Adele wants to do is be a good artist, write good music and sing well she should do something else with her life because it's important what the public thinks of her? Imagine if artists didn't "push the envelope" because they cared what the public thought --what a boring world that would be.

If she wants to make money with her music then she has to listen what the people who buy her music are saying if she wishes to continue to sell music. If she can do that while pursuing better music for herself then good for her, but she can't expect to be in the entertainment business and not care about what people think of her.

If she wants to make money with her music then she has to listen what the people who buy her music are saying if she wishes to continue to sell music. If she can do that while pursuing better music for herself then good for her, but she can't expect to be in the entertainment business and not care about what people think of her.

Got it. But that's assuming that she wants to make money with her music. As a musician, I have a need to create music for no other purpose but to express. I could care less what others think about it and I know many starving artists who fit this category. Now I know I'm not Adele, but no one knows her true motivation.

I have to disagree with having to listen to your audience to continue selling music. I mean, take pop star darling Lady Gaga. Good grief, that girl just gets wackier by the second and the last person I'd ever have pinned for top 20 popularity. I can only imagine her manager's face when she stepped out in the meat dress. Was I the only one blown away when I found out that she had her own Thanksgiving day prime time special?! Her fans love her because she's true to herself. I would like to think that's why anyone is a fan of any artist.

Adele is gorgeous and a talented singer. I admire the fact that she has been able to become so famous despite the fact that she doesn't fit your ideal image of what a pop model should be. Let's face it, if she were simply using auto-tune to make her way through she would have never gotten anywhere. People love her because of her marvellous voice. I like her personality. She's not afraid to stand for what she believes in for one, and is personally content with her body. She's a responsible adult making her own choices. I applaud her.

She is slightly pitch corrected and compressed when she belts to remove shreikiness, you can hear it get rounded over and quieted a bit. Overall I don't think her voice is really that great. It's certainly not to the caliber of some of the greats that proceeded her. I'd almost be inclined to say that if she WASN'T fat (and in that "could have had it all" video really frumpy looking) she wouldn't have the same level of success or admiration.

Who cares what her attitude is? I don't get what all the fuss is about. The woman makes amazing music and HER MUSIC is what she should be known for, not the way she looks.

Who cares what her attitude is? I don't get what all the fuss is about. The woman makes amazing music and HER MUSIC is what she should be known for, not the way she looks.

Why?

Why? Well the good ol' adage of "Quality over quantity".

The new issue of Rolling Stone, on stands and in thedigital archives on April 15th, features an interview with Adele in which the British soul singer discusses a defining romantic relationship, her childhood and reveals that she doesn't worry much about her fluctuating weight. "My life is full of drama and I won't have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like," she tells
Rolling Stone
contributing editor Tour

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensiko
Why? Well the good ol' adage of "Quality over quantity".

That doesnt even make sense.

I think people should be remembered for who they are, not just what they did. "Who you are" encompasses everything about you.

That doesnt even make sense.

I think people should be remembered for who they are, not just what they did. "Who you are" encompasses everything about you.

Of course it makes sense... just think about it. She brings quality to the music scene with her songwriting abilities and other musical talents. If you were to compare her to other female popstars out there, you'd notice that Adele is simply about quality than quantity. She isn't extravagant and nor is she trying to garner attention with wearing provocative or evocative clothing. Her music is very emotional and soulful with a contralto range. Like she said in her quote "
Even if I had a really good figure, I don't think I'd get my tits and ass out for no one."
This doesn't signify that she supports or opposes heavy set women in the entertainment industry. If you just take the quote for what it is, you'll realize that she's just speaking for herself and no one else.

It seems like people really adore her because she's relatable, raw, and confident in her identity. It shows a lot in her interviews, especially this one:

[video=youtube;fTukkKqws30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTukkKqws30[/video]

I agree with [MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION]. The first time I told someone about Adele I said, "...and she's not all perfect looking," which was a compliment. I'm struggling to think of even one top 20 pop singer who wouldn't be asked to do a spread in Playboy. Can anyone help me out?
To me, she's a "real woman" in the sense that she does what she does for no one else --it's that inner strength to go against the grain to be true to what you believe. I can hear that strength in her voice. Being a "real woman" has nothing to do with waistlines. Beneath the obvious "skinny" argument, she's really just calling out girls without conviction in their art.

Reactions: bionic
I agree with @bionic . The first time I told someone about Adele I said, "...and she's not all perfect looking," which was a compliment. I'm struggling to think of even one top 20 pop singer who wouldn't be asked to do a spread in Playboy. Can anyone help me out?
To me, she's a "real woman" in the sense that she does what she does for no one else --it's that inner strength to go against the grain to be true to what you believe. I can hear that strength in her voice. Being a "real woman" has nothing to do with waistlines. Beneath the obvious "skinny" argument, she's really just calling out girls without conviction in their art.

Michael Jackson?

---

I think she looks great, dont get me wrong, she wears a lot of makeup and has great clothing. To say she is not trying to look good is plain wrong. I dont fault her for saying trying to look good either (its a mission accomplished in my book anyway). She does care about how she looks. I think she is lying though to say that if being skinny came easily for her that she wouldn't trade it and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensiko
[MENTION=731]uberrogo[/MENTION] EVERY woman wants to look good and at the very least, presentable. EVERY woman wants something they can't have.

But you got me thinking... how f*cking hilarious would it be to crank out an awesome singer who REALLY didn't give a shit about how she looked and see what people thought. Not like Gaga. Like homeless/vagrant style. NO makeup, ratty hair, unshaven legs, Goodwill throw-aways. I want to see that person.

Reactions: the
@uberrogo EVERY woman wants to look good and at the very least, presentable. EVERY woman wants something they can't have.

But you got me thinking... how f*cking hilarious would it be to crank out an awesome singer who REALLY didn't give a shit about how she looked and see what people thought. Not like Gaga. Like homeless/vagrant style. NO makeup, ratty hair, unshaven legs, Goodwill throw-aways. I want to see that person.

Yeah, they're called homeless people that busk. Up in Seattle, we even have a festival called Folklife for these people.

Yeah, they're called homeless people that busk. Up in Seattle, we even have a festival called Folklife for these people.
I'd love to see a folkie try out for one of those lame sing-off shows and win, leg hair and all. :::Imagining L.A. Reid's face:::