Iranian Women's Olympic Soccer team forced to forfeit match | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Iranian Women's Olympic Soccer team forced to forfeit match

This uniform is perfectly OK. It's a shame they weren't allowed to play.

Except, like FIFA state, it does provide a chocking hazard. I think FIFA's banned all neckwear because of this. They provided an alternative version that doesn't cover the neck so much, but Iran are crying that they're being oppressed all the same.

Except, like FIFA state, it does provide a chocking hazard. I think FIFA's banned all neckwear because of this. They provided an alternative version that doesn't cover the neck so much, but Iran are crying that they're being oppressed all the same.

Why exactly aren't all athletes required to compete naked? I mean, there's certainly precedent. And then everyone can be equally oppressed. (Except Sweeden, who would love the idea.)

Yeah, I agree. It's unfortunate that neither party chose to compromise.

Why exactly aren't all athletes required to compete naked? I mean, there's certainly precedent. And then everyone can be equally oppressed. (Except Sweeden, who would love the idea.)

Lol, your understanding of Sweden is rather off. They're one of the most conservative countries in Europe.

I think having to play naked is a great idea, the Greeks did this.

Yeah, I agree. It's unfortunate that neither party chose to compromise.

Although the only party I saw making an effort has been FIFA so far.

Sadly, instead, their response is, as always: "They are Jews, and Jews are conspiring against us! Everyone hates us! They're biased! They're trying to oppress our religion! Our culture! We should set examples to further undermine our own culture in the eyes of others!"

Interesting assessment. This I have seen, too.

I, personally, couldn't run around naked playing anything. ; )

Some of the garments in that picture can be a choking hazard, some of them don't.

I support FIFA whether it's head garments, scarfs, or full overalls. I don't even care to explain why. Hell, I don't even know why. I look at Soccer as a culture, and that when you enter a culture you don't implement your own culture into it, you adapt. If I moved to the U.S. I sure as hell wouldn't drag my own culture with me, I would adapt to their culture.