Iran Nuclear Accord: Iran tests the deal already | INFJ Forum

Iran Nuclear Accord: Iran tests the deal already

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
copied Debkafile

In defiance of the international arms embargo, Iran last week placed an order with Moscow for a huge fleet of 100 Russian IL78 MKI tanker aircraft (NATO: Midas) for refueling its air force in mid-flight, thereby extending its range to 7,300 km. This is reported exclusively by DEBKAfile from its military and intelligence sources. The transaction runs contrary to the terms of the nuclear accord the six world powers and Iran signed in Vienna earlier this month.
These tanker planes can simultaneously refuel six to eight warplanes. Their acquisition brings Israel, 1.200km away – as well the rest of the Middle East - within easy range of Iranian aerial bombardment. It also puts Iran’s air force ahead of Israel’s in terms of the quantity and range of its refueling capacity.

Whereas opponents of the Vienna deal have warned that Tehran will spend the billions of dollars released by sanctions relief as a bonanza for fueling its campaigns of terror in the region, it turns out that Iran’s first post-accord purchase is a heavy investment in the rearmament and upgrade of its armed forces’ aggressive capabilities.

The huge Iranian-Russian military transaction therefore stands as the first palpable test of the Vienna accord, depending on whether US President Barack Obama or his Secretary of State John Kerry decides to make an issue of it. If they just let it go, it will set a precedent for the arms embargo clause of the nuclear accord to start unraveling.

01FFBC56-61E3-4FB0-829C-357EAAECEDCC_cx6_cy15_cw86_mw1024_s_n_r1.jpg

Refueling a long range bomber.

Comments?

I thought the first 100 billion was to be spent in the economy. Whose?

If Iran plans on minding its own business, why are they spitting in our faces already?

Last edited:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421453/iran-deal-hidden-congress-Obama-admin-house-republican-

Obama is not revealing the full context of the accord, and the IAEA is keeping secrets that have surfaced.
Iran still says America will always be their enemy, and still refuses to recognize Israel as anything more than a target of their aggression.

"The terms of the current agreement wouldn’t allow Congress to review any concessions the IAEA makes to get into the site. " (Parchin)

"The IAEA will also separately negotiate “how the IAEA and Iran will resolve outstanding issues on possible military dimensions of Iran’s nuclear program.”

"Senator Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) and Pompeo, who serves on the House Intelligence Committee, learned of the arrangement while meeting with the IAEA in Vienna, Austria last week. “That we are only now discovering that parts of this dangerous agreement are being kept secret begs the question of what other elements may also be secret and entirely free from public scrutiny,” Cotton said in a statement to the press. "

Time can be a dangerous dimension. just me

Last edited:
Now Washington has taken the unprecedented step of potentially serious rapprochement with Tehran (yes, there are still significant obstacles to be overcome). But this is the nub: this represents is a new U.S. willingness to accept a power in the region that does not sign on to the U.S. strategic framework for the region.Such a position bluntly challenged decades of U.S. doctrine about its determination to establish global “full-spectrum dominance.” The U.S. is finally recognizing – after severe setbacks in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iran and other failing policies – that traditional U.S. hegemony in the Middle East is no longer in the cards. Furthermore, that effort to impose it comes at extremely high cost in blood, treasure, respect and credibility.This is the signal achievement of President Obama in acknowledging this reality, at least tacitly. (Some would say it represents his signal failure and a U.S. capitulation. But can anyone want another decade and a half of what the U.S. — and the region — has been through?)
https://consortiumnews.com/2015/07/21/iran-deal-dooms-full-spectrum-dominance/

Obama-perplexed.jpg

Looks down and to his left....

Last edited:
Whatever eventually happens inside Iran, the Middle East is undergoing a slow-motion earthquake. For the U.S., the challenge is how to balance reassurance for uneasy allies against preserving the option for a better relationship with Iran.
“That’s the hardest single question for us going forward,” says Ilan Goldenberg, a former Iran team chief at the Pentagon. “How do we balance?” Bloomberg.com

Playing with the devil....

original.jpg

Peace-keepers / Fascists from the 1930's:

us-military-ap-photo-store-world-war-ii-german-soldiers-decorate-shell-milit-wwii-x-00255smd.jpg

Peace-keepers / Opium trade protectors from 2001 and on:

opium-fields1.jpg

copied Debkafile

In defiance of the international arms embargo, Iran last week placed an order with Moscow for a huge fleet of 100 Russian IL78 MKI tanker aircraft (NATO: Midas) for refueling its air force in mid-flight, thereby extending its range to 7,300 km. This is reported exclusively by DEBKAfile from its military and intelligence sources. The transaction runs contrary to the terms of the nuclear accord the six world powers and Iran signed in Vienna earlier this month.
These tanker planes can simultaneously refuel six to eight warplanes. Their acquisition brings Israel, 1.200km away – as well the rest of the Middle East - within easy range of Iranian aerial bombardment. It also puts Iran’s air force ahead of Israel’s in terms of the quantity and range of its refueling capacity.

Whereas opponents of the Vienna deal have warned that Tehran will spend the billions of dollars released by sanctions relief as a bonanza for fueling its campaigns of terror in the region, it turns out that Iran’s first post-accord purchase is a heavy investment in the rearmament and upgrade of its armed forces’ aggressive capabilities.

The huge Iranian-Russian military transaction therefore stands as the first palpable test of the Vienna accord, depending on whether US President Barack Obama or his Secretary of State John Kerry decides to make an issue of it. If they just let it go, it will set a precedent for the arms embargo clause of the nuclear accord to start unraveling.

01FFBC56-61E3-4FB0-829C-357EAAECEDCC_cx6_cy15_cw86_mw1024_s_n_r1.jpg

Refueling a long range bomber.

Comments?

I thought the first 100 billion was to be spent in the economy. Whose?

If Iran plans on minding its own business, why are they spitting in our faces already?

It's an air fuel tanker, not a weapon. IT is also within the keeping of the accords. Iran and syria are also the ones leading the fight against isis right now. So this country that you are flipping out over, the one that isn't killing Palestinians and blocking food imports for them, can and may damn well buy an air refueling tanker so they can keep up the pressure on Isis. Or are you gonna flip too if they purchase party balloons too because they may possibly fill them with biological agents and give them to israeli children who are 1000s of kilometers away?

Nato intervention on ISIS is poor to say the least, especially since pretty much all materiel ISIS uses is ex US military among which brand new materiel that keeps "accidentally" being airdropped into ISIS territory or being captured fully intact when territory is gained. (keep in mind the us air force is extremely precise in its airdrops and can land you a care package on your balcony if they wanted to.)

So really, if you're going to flip out because iran purchases an air refueling aircraft, I cannot wait till you look at what your own country buys and builds with its billions of dollars budget that is more than the next 10 highest military expenditure countries combined... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures And don't try to give me shit that your government has peaceful intent because it does not. Your military budget, type of military materiel and both old and recent history show different.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ_ and hush
If I "flip out", it will be because of the leadership of this country right now. Their inactions against ISIS so Iran could be "needed" in the area. The way they left Iraq too early, arming them for ISIS to just take. Our country is putting way too many allies at risk.
By the way, they are purchasing 100, not one. Given there are airstrips anywhere they need go, I question their motives. I do not trust Iran. Children with balloons filled with biological weapons? We're done. Heard enough. Are you talking about the children on September 11?

tumblr_inline_nrxjljrzhM1tv19na_500.png

If I "flip out", it will be because of the leadership of this country right now. Their inactions against ISIS so Iran could be "needed" in the area. The way they left Iraq too early, arming them for ISIS to just take. Our country is putting way too many allies at risk.
By the way, they are purchasing 100, not one. Given there are airstrips anywhere they need go, I question their motives. I do not trust Iran. Children with balloons filled with biological weapons? We're done. Heard enough. Are you talking about the children on September 11?

So what if they're purchasing a 100 of them. The only way anyone is gonna get rid of Isis is with boots on the ground, and plenty of american militairy experts say america cannot do it because it will just fuel support for isis, in fact they say the only one able to do it, and fix the region is Iran, so honestly, unless Iran wants to allow themselves to be surrounded and swallowed up by them, they will need to go on a larger offensive, and this could potentially lead into Iran gaining territory as it would need to take responsibilities for those areas. In order to do that whilst holding their ground, they do have a need for a larger logistical chain.

The party balloons were just that, a comparison to the absurdity.

If you are worried about your governments actions, then worry about those and let other countries be before raising a fuss with alarmist posts of a country on the other side of the world ;p

I don't see why linking flowers from the area near the fukushima power plant in japan is relevant to this. AT ALL.

I don't see why linking flowers from the area near the fukushima power plant in japan is relevant to this. AT ALL.

Nuclear panic probably. However....

That's a condition in flowers called fasciation. It's not necessarily caused by radiation in the first place. It's a shame that alarmists ruin good information by cluttering the internet with fear inspired radical nonsense to the extent that it is hard for the average person to even get an alternate viewpoint. Because all the recent search results on this phenomenon are drowning in excessive Fukushima hyperbole reposted a bajillion times by people who probably know nothing at all about it - they just repost scary shit that they heard about for no good reason.

http://news.gardentoolbox.co.uk/plants-2/fasciation-flowers-need-know

Trust me Iran doesn't want war. They want to make the world believe in a religious war between Islam and nonislam. Right now they know America has a little bitch of a President and they can get away with whatever they want. Russia knows the same thing. So why not push buttons? Whats the worse that happens to them? Nothing changes for them.

" The Qur'an and Life" , p. 125. Anyone been in the 12th grade lately?

There are a lot of folk in Iran. My beef is with a leadership that teaches global war to their children against the US and the West. I have a beef with anyone that foments hatred for their fellow humankind. I do not hate Iranians. I do not hate Muslims.

I do not like anyone that wants to force themselves on others. Rapists of the mind; tumors of the heart. Suitors of their own.

One simply does not allow a venomous stone to throw, when stones they have been throwing all along. And for what cause, I ask you? It seems the stones' fury was set afire in the youth of their minds;

Tossing about to and fro on the rocks, as a wooden vessel in the wind on the sea: they come for you and for me to cast us in the sea of fanaticism, hidden behind the cloak of religion. I shall not go.

There are a lot of folk in Iran. My beef is with a leadership that teaches global war to their children against the US and the West. I have a beef with anyone that foments hatred for their fellow humankind. I do not hate Iranians. I do not hate Muslims.

I do not like anyone that wants to force themselves on others. Rapists of the mind; tumors of the heart. Suitors of their own.

One simply does not allow a venomous stone to throw, when stones they have been throwing all along. And for what cause, I ask you? It seems the stones' fury was set afire in the youth of their minds;

Tossing about to and fro on the rocks, as a wooden vessel in the wind on the sea: they come for you and for me to cast us in the sea of fanaticism, hidden behind the cloak of religion. I shall not go.

It's a chance for them to do politics w/o feeling the need for bs like Hezbollah. It's really about showing the Iranians that the west isn't out to get them, and makes it harder for the radical elements to radicalize their populace.

It is troubling. To think that Iran doesn't have crazy violent people who won't seize where they can is naïve. But then again, our own house is far from clean in the recent past. So, I guess if either party wants the moral high ground, they can start where they have the most control, and their moral arguments will hold a lot more sway on the world stage. It doesn't take much, but it does seem obvious that pretty much any of the regional powers are better than ISIS, longterm and short term. Choosing the lesser of two evils is a dangerous and undesirable game to play. Like you said, not all Iranians are bad, as can be said with any people, and that's where to start for the longterm.

Reactions: just me
Trust me Iran doesn't want war. They want to make the world believe in a religious war between Islam and nonislam. Right now they know America has a little bitch of a President and they can get away with whatever they want. Russia knows the same thing. So why not push buttons? Whats the worse that happens to them? Nothing changes for them.

When you run around punching people because you think they might punch you, you're bound to run into more trouble than you would otherwise. If you're going to preemptively punch someone, you'd better make it a good choice or you'll look like a bully, and if you have a long list... you should probably be knocking sense into yourself instead. Yes, we're hardly the only country that could do well to heed that. It's more like an experience of the human condition. Bless it all to heaven.

Last edited:
When you run around punching people because you think they might punch you, you're bound to run into more trouble than you would otherwise. If you're going to preemptively punch someone, you'd better make it a good choice or you'll look like a bully, and if you have a long list... you should probably be knocking sense into yourself instead. Yes, we're hardly the only country that could do well to heed that. It's more like an experience of the human condition. Bless it all to heaven.

I agree mostly. However in this instance we are talking about nuclear weapons and quite honestly an unbalanced Iranian leadership. Now it may not be fair to compare Iran to WWII Germany at this point but the same type of insanity controls that country now.
When I was younger I used to question why any government felt they had the right to direct any other government in hohow the ran their country. Older now though and Im sorry but there are fundamentally right and wrong things just from a human race perspective. The idea that in this day and age something as simple as women being treated equally would not just simply happen is beyond me. So yeah, I have absolutely no issue with America as a whole telling Iran to get its act together. If that requires some punching or later a ko...so be it. So far as I am concerned they brought it on themselves. The only sad thing is that the Iranian people suffer of whom most despise their government.

The problem right now is, Obama isnt the one to do it. No one takes the clown seriously, at least not from a foreign relations perspective. Obama isnt a leader, hes a divider and I dont blame anyone for laughing at him like the town fool.

Kerry even less so.... I mean Kerry, whose bright idea was it to make him Secretary? ??

Last edited:

I doubt they're buying 100 of these planes in the first place. It's ether hyperbole or posturing. There aren't even 100 of those planes to sell in the first place, and I find it very hard to believe that Iran's air force could ever justify 100 fuel tankers.

Somebody is screwing around here. It makes no sense for them to buy 100 of those things and it makes no sense to sell 100 to them.