Introverted Intuition = Mental Teleporting | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Introverted Intuition = Mental Teleporting

So in what instances would it be better to use Ni over Ne, and when would Ne work better than Ni (if that makes any sense at all)?

I think, in a fight, Ni wouldn't be able to predict Ne, and Ne wouldn't be able to find Ni's pattern. Ne is like chaos. Bunch of possibilities. Always looking for new patterns and possibilities. Ni likes to jump to the end but doesn't know how it go there. Together they're extremely powerful. Apart they're just powerful. Fighting again each other? They're even.

This is a really funny analogy theory that my ISTP friend came up with to describe how my Ni seems to him. I thought I'd share because it amused me.

:m159:

He equated Ni with the ability to teleport mentally, because the leaps of logic seem to skip any distance between them. We 'just know' somehow.

Inferior Ni (ESTP, ESFP) - This is the ability to make quick little teleports, to get ahead in line or avoid accidents like falling pianos.

Auxiliary Ni (ISTP, ISFP) - This is the ability to teleport to any point you can see, or have been to personally.

Secondary Ni (ENFJ, ENTJ) - This is the ability to teleport to any point you can visualize, such as a room in a building you have never been in, or the other side of a door without knowing where it leads.

Dominant Ni (INFJ, INTJ) - This is the ability to teleport anywhere, and anytime, with nothing more than a vague inclination as to the destination, without having any idea where it is.

So Nightcrawler would be secondary then?

I think, in a fight, Ni wouldn't be able to predict Ne, and Ne wouldn't be able to find Ni's pattern. Ne is like chaos. Bunch of possibilities. Always looking for new patterns and possibilities. Ni likes to jump to the end but doesn't know how it go there. Together they're extremely powerful. Apart they're just powerful. Fighting again each other? They're even.

So, in other words, if I could use Ni and Ne together, I could be all-powerful?

Yes :m159:

Shouldn't the ENTPs, ENFPs be at the top--or the speediest of the lot?

No, all the Ne's seem to move at the same speed. The difference is how far they can go / how long they can keep going.

So Nightcrawler would be secondary then?

Yes. Good analogy.

I've had more than a few Ne vs Ni sparring matches, and fights. By my perception, they usually go like this:
Them: "Ding ding ding! It's on!" *blur* (me getting a flurry of unexpected pummeling about the head and shoulders)
Me: *poof* (series of Defensive teleporting) *BAM* (One shot to the perfect spot ends the match, using their momentum against them)
Them: *rubs head* "How did you anticipate me when I didn't even know where I was going!?"

So, in other words, if I could use Ni and Ne together, I could be all-powerful?

No, you'd just be all-fast.

Last edited:
No, you'd just be all-fast.

All-fast...I like the sound of that :D I might tone up my Ne just a wee bit more to see what that's like

Heh, I can picture that.

*poof anywhere in the world*
*run around and map the whole place out in an instant*
*poof to another place in the world*
*rinse, repeat*

Wouldn't that be wonderful, though? You'd be able to go exactly where you need to in a second, but you would also be able to retrace your steps back if you needed to...I imagine that would be pretty close to ideal (at least by my standards)

Wouldn't that be wonderful, though? You'd be able to go exactly where you need to in a second, but you would also be able to retrace your steps back if you needed to...I imagine that would be pretty close to ideal (at least by my standards)

Heh, I'm pretty cool with only being able to teleport anywhere / anywhen I need to. It's kind of irrelevant how I get there or back. *poof* I'm where I need to be. :)

I suppose that's why I don't use Ne so much. I just teleport around until I find what I need.

Heh, I'm pretty cool with only being able to teleport anywhere / anywhen I need to. It's kind of irrelevant how I get there or back. *poof* I'm where I need to be. :)

I suppose that's why I don't use Ne so much. I just teleport around until I find what I need.

Maybe it's the ESTP, but I've always been a fan of the journey :D There's too many things to see to just pass through all the time...it's nice to have both strong and ready to use, just in case you decide to jump or do some mapping along the way~

But then, I've always been a bit of a control freak, so I like to know I can when I want to

I've had more than a few Ne vs Ni sparring matches, and fights. By my perception, they usually go like this:
Them: "Ding ding ding! It's on!" *blur* (me getting a flurry of unexpected pummeling about the head and shoulders)

Me: *poof* (series of Defensive teleporting) *BAM* (One shot to the perfect spot ends the match, using their momentum against them)

Them: *rubs head* "How did you anticipate me when I didn't even know where I was going!?"

Hmm, that is quite the opposite of me an my INTJ friends sparring. Are you sparring against a dominate?

It goes like this.

Him: Poof

Me: Blur *Punches*

Him: Dodge Poof gets behind me and tries to hit me

Me: Notices him and how his body is moving and reacts dodging his attack

Him/Me: Poofs to the front of me and gives me a punch to the face. Hit but Gets hit by my foot in his face, because I noticed his bodies movement.

You see the difference is that once Ne gets into your head we don't need Ni because we'll know your reactions. I guess maybe thats only Ne Ti combo though.

Hmm, that is quite the opposite of me an my INTJ friends sparring. Are you sparring against a dominate?

It goes like this.

Him: Poof

Me: Blur *Punches*

Him: Dodge Poof gets behind me and tries to hit me

Me: Notices him and how his body is moving and reacts dodging his attack

Him/Me: Poofs to the front of me and gives me a punch to the face. Hit but Gets hit by my foot in his face, because I noticed his bodies movement.

You see the difference is that once Ne gets into your head we don't need Ni because we'll know your reactions. I guess maybe thats only Ne Ti combo though.

Oh arrogance. It fills ENTP's, haha.

See, you only end up thinking that you know our reactions, although that isn't the case always. You also think you understand us but you don't. And honestly, out of experience, Ne doesn't get into my head at all. The only function that can get into my head are Ti and Ni, the former I will buck because it is too much cold logic; I end up warping the ideas. I am friends with ALOT of ENFP's and I get in theirs much sooner then they get in mine Ne is too wishy-washy. Your Ti will try to nail us down, and you think you will have. But Ni will circumvent that because Ni doesn't even need to be nailed down.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
:p The problem is that I gave an actual example where it balances out. It's not exactly about getting in your head. Its about finding your patterns. Ni dominates? INTJs INFJs. Notice the J. You always have a pattern, and unlike your Ni that finds the answer quick without knowing how. Us Ne dominates finds the patterns easier. Which is why its balanced like I said.

Plus, I doubt you'd want to get into my head. :mlight:

:p The problem is that I gave an actual example where it balances out. It's not exactly about getting in your head. Its about finding your patterns. Ni dominates? INTJs INFJs. Notice the J. You always have a pattern, and unlike your Ni that finds the answer quick without knowing how. Us Ne dominates finds the patterns easier. Which is why its balanced like I said.

Oh ok, that makes sense then. I am a very repetive person and I do repeat a lot of my behaivors. Heck, if I get in a routien and someone throws it off (i.e. making me late), I get really flustered (I am a really strong judger). The draw back is you are just seeing the outline of a pattern, not the whole picture. So it is incomplete.

Part of being an ENTP is presuming you're smarter than everyone else. That's how we beat you.

*appears in front of the rapidly moving Ne, and casually offers a clothesline, then giggles at the ensuing wipeout that would have been avoided by not trying to look in every direction at once*

Side Note: Ni and Ne ARE equal. The deciding factor is always the skill of the user.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Part of being an ENTP is presuming you're smarter than everyone else. That's how we beat you.

*appears in front of the rapidly moving Ne, and casually offers a clothesline, then giggles at the ensuing wipeout that would have been avoided by not trying to look in every direction at once*

Side Note: Ni and Ne ARE equal. The deciding factor is always the skill of the user.

I must agree I found using Ni to fight Ne and using Ti (I think) to cut through rhetoric and the bull the ENTP loves to rely on. Its not hard to equal an ENTP. The only issue is making an ENTP admit that they screwed up. And you caught them.

Its like an MMA fight a ENTP will try and ground and pound (rain down punches) but a INFJ will catch them in an arm bar or other submission and end it quickly. Or supply a nice elbow out of no wear. And the ENTP would then argue with the ref even if they lost.lol

I think many people would understand Arrogance doesn't do anyone any good. It leads to sloppy execution and risks being taken because of confidence.

Last edited:
and the ruthlessness of the user.

My uncle is an INTJ. Ni. I'm an ENTP. Ne.

He uses martial arts when we spar. I use martial arts knowledge and freeform when we spar.
We're about equal, because he's much fitter than I am.

Its like an MMA fight a ENTP will try and ground and pound (rain down punches) but a INFJ will catch them in an arm bar or other submission and end it quickly. Or supply a nice elbow out of nowhere.
No. There's no way to know how a chaotic freeform fighter will ever fight. I'm an ENTP and I prefer elbow strikes, eye gouges, teste kicks, trachea gouges, biting, hair pulling, fish hooking, spinal attacks, knee attacks, and breaking phalanges.

Counter those.

And the ENTP would then argue with the ref even if they lost.lol
The only way to beat an ENTP is through DEATH.

If you have to resort to "points", you would have lost and you know it, even if you don't admit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must agree I found using Ni to fight Ne and using Ti (I think) to cut through rhetoric and the bull the ENTP loves to rely on. Its not hard to equal an ENTP. The only issue is making an ENTP admit that they screwed up. And you caught them.

Its like an MMA fight a ENTP will try and ground and pound (rain down punches) but a INFJ will catch them in an arm bar or other submission and end it quickly. Or supply a nice elbow out of no wear. And the ENTP would then argue with the ref even if they lost.lol

I think many people would understand Arrogance doesn't do anyone any good. It leads to sloppy execution and risks being taken because of confidence.

ENTPs would not argue with the ref. There would be no ref in a fight with an ENTP. It would only win if A) The person got knocked out or super injured or B) They got killed. If you go with A than you better run, because the ENTP would just come after you. No matter how many times you beat us we'll just continue to get back up and come after you. Its why ENTPs are known as the challengers. You forgot about our amazing ability to raising above expectations.

I don't see how we're the arrogant ones when we're saying it would be equal and you're saying you'd win. Yeah, very arrogant on our part.

The last point is that your analogy is all wrong. I'm not likely to rain down punches. That be idiotic. It would make you tired fast, and less likely to keep a clear head. I'm more likely to stab you in a vein or manipulate your body using pressure points. Basically, I'd go for the submissions. I also like using my legs.

I'm also likely to hide a knife and stab you just to win. :)

Last edited: