Introverted Intuition = Mental Teleporting | INFJ Forum

Introverted Intuition = Mental Teleporting

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
This is a really funny analogy theory that my ISTP friend came up with to describe how my Ni seems to him. I thought I'd share because it amused me.

:m159:

He equated Ni with the ability to teleport mentally, because the leaps of logic seem to skip any distance between them. We 'just know' somehow.

Inferior Ni (ESTP, ESFP) - This is the ability to make quick little teleports, to get ahead in line or avoid accidents like falling pianos.

Auxiliary Ni (ISTP, ISFP) - This is the ability to teleport to any point you can see, or have been to personally.

Secondary Ni (ENFJ, ENTJ) - This is the ability to teleport to any point you can visualize, such as a room in a building you have never been in, or the other side of a door without knowing where it leads.

Dominant Ni (INFJ, INTJ) - This is the ability to teleport anywhere, and anytime, with nothing more than a vague inclination as to the destination, without having any idea where it is.

Last edited:
My ISTP friend said, "You can mentally teleport across the planet and when you do get there, you don't even know where you are. Meanwhile, I have to make a bunch of little hops to catch up, because I can't go where I can't see. Once I get there I say, 'Do you have any idea where you are?' And you say 'No, but I went right to the exact thing I was looking for! ...um... where are we?' 'Hong Kong.' 'Seriously? How cool is that?' "

He then went on to say, "But every now and then, you teleport into the past or future. I can't follow you there, as much as I want to. I just wait for you to come back with souvenirs."

Last edited:
Reactions: gloomy-optimist
wow that's so interesting Von Hase!

maybe INFJs are more apt at teleporting through chronological or psychological time more than through surrounding spaces

My ISTP friend said, "You can mentally teleport across the planet and when you do get there, you don't even know where you are. Meanwhile, I have to make a bunch of little hops to catch up, because I can't go where I can't see. Once I get there I say, 'Do you have any idea where you are?' And you say 'No, but I went right to the exact thing I was looking for! ...um... where are we?' 'Hong Kong.' 'Seriously? How cool is that?' "

He then went on to say, "But every now and then, you teleport into the past or future. I can't follow you there, as much as I want to. I just wait for you to come back with souvenirs."

Heee! I love that. That's a short story, right there. And if your friend doesn't write it or if you don't write it, I might steal it. Just sayin'.

Dominant Ni (INFJ, INTJ) - This is the ability to teleport anywhere, and anytime, with nothing more than a vague inclination as to the destination, without having any idea where it is.

Well that's true, but this ability also has another name - imagination.

I think the point of this was that INFJs are some crazy mothafuckas

I teleported to that conversation Von Hase. It was comical, and accurate.

I like that! I really like that!

I guess that's why I have so many problems taking people with me. My mind can jump just about everywhere, but sometimes I just wanna grab someone by the hand and jump with them

Interestingly enough, extroverted intuition would be analogous to super speed. They can run all over the place in a blur.

The order of the function dictates how long their bursts of speed can last.

Inferior Ne (ESTJ, ISFP) - A few seconds.
Auxiliary Ne (ISTJ, ESFP) - A few minutes.
Secondary Ne (INTP, INFP) - A few hours.
Dominant Ne (ENTP, ENFP) - Indefinitely.

My INTP friend keeps marveling at how I can keep being on the other side of the finish line before she gets there, when there is no doubt that she is faster than me. Hehe. To make a comic book analogy, it's the Flash vs Nightcrawler. "How did you get there without breaking the finish line tape?"

A point of note though, while Ni is technically faster, Ne leaves an individual with a map of how they got there because they had to travel the distance. Ni does not, and often can't explain how they got there.

One of my best friends is an ESFP, and she is like the reverse of me. Her Se is overused, and her Ni is nonexsistant. It's funny in some situations when the use of Ni is called upon. I will answer something right away and she will stare at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears. We're a good complement for each other.

As an example, she has no capacity for visual learning at all. We had to take calculus 2 together last fall. When we were going over sums series and sequences *gag*, we both got flustered for different reasons. They are really hard as well. She got annoyed because it is a very long and detailed process and she wanted to just get to the point right away, and didn't like the long process. I got annoyed because more often then not, I could look at the function and tell if it was convergent or divergent without doing the work (or very little work). She would yell at me and say "Pieter, you don't know that... wait... your right... how the hell did you know that" and I would say "I don't know, it just looks like it will it's kind of hard to explain" then she says "...gah! *throws pencil at me*"

Last edited:
If Arby doesn't steal this for a story I will.

Awesome premise for a sci-fi story!

Just sayin'

Heee! I love that. That's a short story, right there. And if your friend doesn't write it or if you don't write it, I might steal it. Just sayin'.

You're right: it is a great idea for a short story. I think you should write it; you'd definitely do it justice.

If Arby doesn't steal this for a story I will.

Awesome premise for a sci-fi story!

Just sayin'

Well, someone should use it--as you and Arby have both said, it's an awesome premise. If I wrote sci0fi, I might be fiddling around with it myself.

Interestingly enough, extroverted intuition would be analogous to super speed. They can run all over the place in a blur..

I'm confused, but then I often am. Given the above statement, how come those with Dominant Ne (ENFP, ENTP) come out at the bottom of your speed hierarchy?

Last edited:
Interestingly enough,
Dominant Ne (ENTP, ENFP) - Indefinitely..

Shouldn't the ENTPs, ENFPs be at the top--or the speediest of the lot?

Edit: Apparently I'm confused about multple quotes and deleting my own posts as well. It's sad...or it's just too early.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, extroverted intuition would be analogous to super speed. They can run all over the place in a blur.

The order of the function dictates how long their bursts of speed can last.

Dominant Ne (ENTP, ENFP) - Indefinitely.

My INTP friend keeps marveling at how I can keep being on the other side of the finish line before she gets there, when there is no doubt that she is faster than me. Hehe. To make a comic book analogy, it's the Flash vs Nightcrawler. "How did you get there without breaking the finish line tape?"

A point of note though, while Ni is technically faster, Ne leaves an individual with a map of how they got there because they had to travel the distance. Ni does not, and often can't explain how they got there.

I'm confused, but then I often am. Given the above statement, how come those with Dominant Ne (ENFP, ENTP) come out at the bottom of your speed hierarchy?

We are, we can run at superspeed forever. That's what he's saying.

Oh. Well, as I said, it's early. Thanks, Shai.

I get to my results the same time as my INTJ friend gets to his. The difference is I can explain my answer.

That my dear friends is call Super Speed + Comcastic. :m183:

This thread has given me the best idea for an exalted trump artistry ability for my Amber diceless roleplaying character!

I find it easiest to explain to people that I think in the "future" tense. Once I get somewhere, it is very difficult to explain how I got there. It would be extremely easy to explain why it matters that I have arrived and how it applies to the real world.

I require people to fill in the blanks themselves, if they cannot, then they are usually left behind. I don't have the time or ability to explain my thought process to everyone. It is one of the biggest reasons INTJs dismiss people so easily. Our time is very valuable to us, and if you can't keep up. You are generally wasting our time.

This is a large difference between INTJ and INFJ, we do not consider the value and emotion of a person first. Especially if a large idea is involved.