INTJ or INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INTJ or INFJ

Fe has to deal more with external judgement than it does with "understanding" people.

When I said understanding people, I didn't mean understanding them all the way - I meant more like being able to predict their behavior in certain situations and actively using that knowledge for your own benefit...not necessarily knowing all about them and their character/personality.

My guess would be that you're INTJ....it's just a guess, though. I might not be right.

I'd agree in the sense that everyone can manipulate how people see them. INFJs and INTJs both tend to change their outward personality in some sense, as a phrase goes "Go with the best you for the situation". I would presume that INTJs do it less than INFJs though, based on the posts here.

Well yeah I agree that INTJ's can do it too, but in most cases choose not do do it. while INFJ's will do it in a heartbeat and without even thinking about should they do it or not - they have the tendency to do it a lot.

I wouldn't agree that everyone can manipulate how people see them - I mean sure everyone can try, but some people are so ridiculously bad and sloppy at it that they're better off not trying. :mpff: Same as some people being ridiculously bad liars.

Hi

Someone posted this here a couple of weeks ago. It's a little video about an INFJ woman and her INTJ husband. It will help you see the difference between the two types:

http://www.infj.com/INFJorINTJ.htm

Thank you very much, now I am sure that I'm INTJ. But I prefer to be among INFJs :D I really admire them and they are my role models :D

Reon, I really like your avatar

Reactions: Reon
I'd say that Ni-doms in general can manipulate, change and to some degree control the way that other people see them...they can switch their outward personality according to a situation, and don't mind doing that if it helps them to achieve something important....while INTJs appear more "what you see is what you get" type (in social situations), they usually have a complex inner vision that drives their behavior.

also INTJ can easily and naturally understand how external factors can change and influence how things work(for example, applications of physical and mathematical laws, etc.) while it's a lot harder for them to understand social dynamics (which they adapt to very well anyway because of Ni-Te).
For INFJ's it's the other way around - they understand how social dynamics work and constantly change their behavior to adapt to it, but they don't have such natural adaptation to external/objective logic - sure they can understand logic too, but they have to derive their logic subjectively unlike INTJs.

:)