Internet Trolls | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Internet Trolls

Well, I can tell you that INFJs do troll for laughs :p My mom, who is an INFJ, loves to mind fuck people by pretending to be different people and saying different things, social experiments so to speak, and her goal is to "trap" someone in a way, I don't know how to describe it better. But she does laugh and get a kick out of it when people end up doing what she thought they would do, she does do it for laughs for sure. Like my mom one time got a cup with my dad's name on it and decided that when we gave it to him we should pretend we got it from the goodwill to freak him out and say we bought it because it was weird to see a cup with his name on it, and she was wanting to "Freak" him out and make him think like an ex girlfriend or something left it there. Well, when we did go in and tell him he was like "....What the fuck? I've never seen this cup before in my life!" And then we told him we was joking and my mom was amused because he did indeed think that a girlfriend or something donated it to the goodwill initially. So INFJs do in fact troll/prank people for fun.

Thats not really trolling, that's being a boring trickster.

I think all types are prone to trolling. The real question to ask is when types troll, how do they troll? Because there are different methods for each type. I don't want to generalize, but from my experience here are some different methods each type tends to fall into:

INFJs are the social experiments of trolling. INFJs find it amusing to troll people in a way that will test how people will react under certain circumstances and they get their pleasure and laughter out of seeing their "traps" work. They will often set up deliberate situations with pre-determined ways as to how people should react, and their amusement comes from when people react the way that they predicted they would and "confirm" their predictions. INFJs also tend to get upset if their trolling backfires and people react in ways that are contrary to what they had anticipated, this can often make trolling unenjoyable.

NP types, most of them, troll via seeing if they can get someone to react to something. NP's typically don't have a specific way they think the person should react- ANY reaction at all is good enough for them, the fun is seeing if they can get people to respond. With ENP's, they prefer to do their trolling in real life, and they also tend to troll strangers and large groups of people. with INP's they tend to want to troll either on the internet or someone they know really well. The idea of trolling a complete stranger just isn't appealing to an INP.

SJ types are all about seeing if they can get someone to do something. This is very similar to the INFJ, but different because the INFJ is speculating about what they think the person is going to do. SJ's don't speculate as much- they live in the moment and are more keen on seeing what actually happens, much like a NP, but they are different because their fun of the trolling is to see if they can influence someone to behave/do/perform in a certain way, whereas N's , both NP's and NJ's, are more concerned with seeing if someone will simply react, and no action is required to satisfy their trolling.

So in terms of online trolling more often you're going to see IN types trolling, because they are most comfortable trolling online than in person, and they are more desiring reactions from people rather trying to get someone to "do" something or "get into action" because of it.

Your sj and infj trolling methods are actually exactly the same thing. Boo!

Well, I can tell you that INFJs do troll for laughs :p My mom, who is an INFJ, loves to mind fuck people by pretending to be different people and saying different things, social experiments so to speak, and her goal is to "trap" someone in a way, I don't know how to describe it better. But she does laugh and get a kick out of it when people end up doing what she thought they would do, she does do it for laughs for sure. Like my mom one time got a cup with my dad's name on it and decided that when we gave it to him we should pretend we got it from the goodwill to freak him out and say we bought it because it was weird to see a cup with his name on it, and she was wanting to "Freak" him out and make him think like an ex girlfriend or something left it there. Well, when we did go in and tell him he was like "....What the fuck? I've never seen this cup before in my life!" And then we told him we was joking and my mom was amused because he did indeed think that a girlfriend or something donated it to the goodwill initially. So INFJs do in fact troll/prank people for fun.

That's just playing a mischevious prank on someone you know

It's a totally different thing to threatening that you will rape someone online which is what has happened in one of the trolling stories recently in the UK

All this stuff is being hyped in the media at the moment because the people behind the media have an agenda...they want to use 'trolling' as an excuse to clamp down on the internet

So two of the 'trolling' stories in the UK are as follows:

One female celebrity TV show host and half of a married couple team said publically that a footballer who was imprisoned for rape should be allowed to go back to his job once he comes out of prison because the rape was not a violent one

This led to 'trolls', who might well have been MI6 agents, threatening online to rape the daughter of the TV hosts

The other 'trolling' incident being hyped in the corporate shill media was a woman who was commenting on the dissapearance of a young girl in the south of portugal (madeleine mccann). The woman believed that there was more to the story than was being reported (a petition is being formed to be put before parliament demanding further investigation) and she posted or tweeted lots of comments about the case; the woman (accused of being a 'troll') was then found dead in a hotel room

So you see the government is highlighting threats to celebrities and high profile cases (in this case involving a death)

We're not talking about people pranking each other or having a laugh

But people need to be smart about this.....do people really think that the government gives two hoots about peoples feelings online? Do you think the government cares if members of the public are threatening to rape each other?

The government doesn't give a damn about peoples online feelings....what they care about is sensitive information being discussed online and because we are seeing many whistleblowers (most famously edward snowden) coming forward and leaking info into the public realm there IS lots of sensitive info out there which is damaging to the image of various govenrments

It is for this reason that they are using 'trolling' as an excuse to crack down on the internet

yes, the world doesn't care about what you think you're doing with these definitions.
the problem still stands their definitions are loose.
I'm not talking to the people in the world, I'm talking to the people in this thread. We have something to go by for the purposes of this conversation. You can choose to utilize it or not. Apparently you choose not.

sounds like something someone who is wrong would say
Sounds like something somebody who is intentionally trying to irritate me would say.

Your sj and infj trolling methods are actually exactly the same thing. Boo!

No they are not--- they are similar but not he same. SJ's want people to do something, to act. For an example, and SJ I know, one of their pranks was to try to convince someone to eat dog food, beggin' strips, to see if they tasted the same as bacon. INFJ's jokes do not focus on wanting another person to DO something-- they are not trying to get people to act on their thoughts, which is important to the SJ. They are trying to get people to react a certain way. I know they seem the same, but they really are distinct. With the S there is a "live in the moment, act in the moment" sort of thing, with the N's it's more about "hah! You said/felt the exact thing I thought you were going to!" Whereas with the S it's more "Hah! I got you to DO what I wanted you to do!" Does that make sense any?

That's just playing a mischevious prank on someone you know

It's a totally different thing to threatening that you will rape someone online which is what has happened in one of the trolling stories recently in the UK

All this stuff is being hyped in the media at the moment because the people behind the media have an agenda...they want to use 'trolling' as an excuse to clamp down on the internet

So two of the 'trolling' stories in the UK are as follows:

One female celebrity TV show host and half of a married couple team said publically that a footballer who was imprisoned for rape should be allowed to go back to his job once he comes out of prison because the rape was not a violent one

This led to 'trolls', who might well have been MI6 agents, threatening online to rape the daughter of the TV hosts

The other 'trolling' incident being hyped in the corporate shill media was a woman who was commenting on the dissapearance of a young girl in the south of portugal (madeleine mccann). The woman believed that there was more to the story than was being reported (a petition is being formed to be put before parliament demanding further investigation) and she posted or tweeted lots of comments about the case; the woman (accused of being a 'troll') was then found dead in a hotel room

So you see the government is highlighting threats to celebrities and high profile cases (in this case involving a death)

We're not talking about people pranking each other or having a laugh

But people need to be smart about this.....do people really think that the government gives two hoots about peoples feelings online? Do you think the government cares if members of the public are threatening to rape each other?

The government doesn't give a damn about peoples online feelings....what they care about is sensitive information being discussed online and because we are seeing many whistleblowers (most famously edward snowden) coming forward and leaking info into the public realm there IS lots of sensitive info out there which is damaging to the image of various govenrments

It is for this reason that they are using 'trolling' as an excuse to crack down on the internet

I feel like this is a totally different discussion from the OP, you know? I have a thing or two to say about the social impact and the way society views cyberbullying which is what I think you're describing. It's also called trolling by some, but in my opinion I define trolling as more of a light-hearted sort of joke. I've done a lot of trolling on the INFJ forum and other places- but never cyberbullying, which is basically what you're talking about, where people are deliberately doing malicious things. But anyway, my whole point was, OP was just asking what MBTI type trolls are likely to be, and OP also did not define trolls like this or the context...
[MENTION=11651]ArtFirst[/MENTION],

were you hoping your thread would go more this direction?

I feel like this is a totally different discussion from the OP, you know? I have a thing or two to say about the social impact and the way society views cyberbullying which is what I think you're describing. It's also called trolling by some, but in my opinion I define trolling as more of a light-hearted sort of joke. I've done a lot of trolling on the INFJ forum and other places- but never cyberbullying, which is basically what you're talking about, where people are deliberately doing malicious things. But anyway, my whole point was, OP was just asking what MBTI type trolls are likely to be, and OP also did not define trolls like this or the context...
[MENTION=11651]ArtFirst[/MENTION],

were you hoping your thread would go more this direction?

Yeah you get the gist of it. It isn't always lighthearted though, it can be legit passive aggressive. Cyberbullying isn't really trolling. When you're trolling you want to make somebody else go on the attack in response to you, not attack them directly like a bully would.

No they are not--- they are similar but not he same. SJ's want people to do something, to act. For an example, and SJ I know, one of their pranks was to try to convince someone to eat dog food, beggin' strips, to see if they tasted the same as bacon. INFJ's jokes do not focus on wanting another person to DO something-- they are not trying to get people to act on their thoughts, which is important to the SJ. They are trying to get people to react a certain way. I know they seem the same, but they really are distinct. With the S there is a "live in the moment, act in the moment" sort of thing, with the N's it's more about "hah! You said/felt the exact thing I thought you were going to!" Whereas with the S it's more "Hah! I got you to DO what I wanted you to do!" Does that make sense any?
Reacting is doing.

Reacting is doing.

For fuck's sake xD

Okay....let me see if I can phrase it to your liking....

SJ's want to see if they can make someone perform an action. They think up an action they would like someone to perform, that would be funny to them for some reason. They then try to persuade the person to perform that action, and if the person does, then that's satisfactory to them. If the person does not perform the action, then it isn't satisfactory.

INFJ's SPECULATE as to what the person is going to do right off the bat, and then they determine what the correct response is, and then when they reveal their prank they want the person to react in the same way that they predicted they would, and if they don't, they get very upset.

If you don't get what I'm saying after that then, shit, I give up.

This thread has become ironic.
'
*sigh* I thought about accusing "the" of trolling me because he constantly does, and also you constantly troll, but then I just didn't feel like being a dick and considered maybe the both of you are actually that stupid.

I think trolling is behaviour, behaviour that correlates with the dark triad, machavellianism-narcissism-psychopathy, and I think deserves to be monitored and controlled.

Its ill behaviour anyone who persists in it once they're made aware of what they are doing has a problem and will be a problem for others.

If you really want to know about trolls you should watch the Norwegian film 'Troll Hunter'...it's essential viewing on the subject

Troll-Hunter03.jpg

I think trolling is behaviour, behaviour that correlates with the dark triad, machavellianism-narcissism-psychopathy, and I think deserves to be monitored and controlled.

Its ill behaviour anyone who persists in it once they're made aware of what they are doing has a problem and will be a problem for others.

It is definately unhealthy behaviour

BUT how can you be sure that the 'troll' is genuine and not a government agent who is enabling the government to come in and control the internet?

You don't

Either you believe in freedom of speech or you believe in slavery

For fuck's sake xD

Okay....let me see if I can phrase it to your liking....

SJ's want to see if they can make someone perform an action. They think up an action they would like someone to perform, that would be funny to them for some reason. They then try to persuade the person to perform that action, and if the person does, then that's satisfactory to them. If the person does not perform the action, then it isn't satisfactory.

INFJ's SPECULATE as to what the person is going to do right off the bat, and then they determine what the correct response is, and then when they reveal their prank they want the person to react in the same way that they predicted they would, and if they don't, they get very upset.

If you don't get what I'm saying after that then, shit, I give up.

Quiter. This is even more the same than your last explanations. I'm actually not being sarcastic or trolling here, I just enjoy correcting others.

Last edited:
'
*sigh* I thought about accusing "the" of trolling me because he constantly does, and also you constantly troll, but then I just didn't feel like being a dick and considered maybe the both of you are actually that stupid.

I wasn't starting out trying to troll, I'm pretty sure I was being trolled.

I don't actually troll. Some times I show passive aggressiveness to clue somebody in that I'm not a fan, but it's not the reaction which I'm looking for, it is making them aware of my position towards them.

I wasn't starting out trying to troll, I'm pretty sure I was being trolled.

I don't actually troll. Some times I show passive aggressiveness to clue somebody in that I'm not a fan, but it's not the reaction which I'm looking for, it is making them aware of my position towards them.

Oh yeah I see that now. For some reason I merged you and o_q's posts together as all being from you, so it looked like you were relentlessly attacking muir. I promise you, muir was not trolling anyone xD

Oh yeah I see that now. For some reason I merged you and o_q's posts together as all being from you, so it looked like you were relentlessly attacking muir. I promise you, muir was not trolling anyone xD

Naw I don't attack muir. [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] is quite a guy really. One of the few people I can pleasantly disagree with.

Reactions: muir
Naw I don't attack muir. @muir is quite a guy really. One of the few people I can pleasantly disagree with.
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] may have some wacky ideas sometimes that even I don't agree with but he sure is cordial in his arguments, never goes for personal attacks although he does show the heart and feeling behind why he's thought something the way he thinks it so I full heartedly agree with you there.

Look at us talking about Muir as if he cant see our posts xD Hi muir

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] may have some wacky ideas sometimes that even I don't agree with but he sure is cordial in his arguments, never goes for personal attacks although he does show the heart and feeling behind why he's thought something the way he thinks it so I full heartedly agree with you there.

Look at us talking about Muir as if he cant see our posts xD Hi muir
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] knows I'm cheeky like that.

:m096: