Internet Trolls

Artisan

Dares, Dreams, Does
Jun 11, 2014
MBTI
INFJ-A
Enneagram
1w2
The following articles are about Internet Trolls.
It appears that they suffer from personality disorders.

What are your opinions on this?
Do you think specific MBTI types are more likely to involve themselves with trolling?, If so which?

http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

140214_CDESK_MachiavellianTraits.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Anything not in order must be disorder

Give me some time, I can create a chart that will prove the opposite of this one

I'd like to know where they got their stats from

For example how do you define a 'troll'?

people are all offended at different things

But i can tell you that the governments (and media) are going to be talking about 'trolls' more and more and the reason is that they are getting very worried about people discussing what they call 'conspiracy theories' online but what are basically the truth about what is going on in our world

They are going to use 'trolls' as an excuse to crack down on free speech online

The word 'troll' is like the word 'terrorist'....it's meaning and who is being accused of it depends entirely on who is doing the interpreting which will in this case be the government

hence the saying ''one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter''

In wars both sides call each other 'terrorists'

In online arguments each side calls each other 'trolls'

But when you cut away all the bullshit there is either truth or lies

Trolling is a method. It isn't evil or good in itself, kind of like murder and orange juice.

Like with drinking orange juice and murder, however, there is probably a disproportionate amount of evul people engaging in it compared to the percentage of people in the general population who are evul.

At least internet trolls move on eventually, it's the internet gnomes that never seem to leave, those pesty things.

Anything not in order must be disorder

Give me some time, I can create a chart that will prove the opposite of this one

you're going to interview trolls and register their disorders ? ;P

[MENTION=6303]Jimmers[/MENTION] whilst most trolls do, I think a lot of them also got forums they like and keep hanging out at.

I'd like to know where they got their stats from

For example how do you define a 'troll'?

people are all offended at different things

But i can tell you that the governments (and media) are going to be talking about 'trolls' more and more and the reason is that they are getting very worried about people discussing what they call 'conspiracy theories' online but what are basically the truth about what is going on in our world

They are going to use 'trolls' as an excuse to crack down on free speech online

The word 'troll' is like the word 'terrorist'....it's meaning and who is being accused of it depends entirely on who is doing the interpreting which will in this case be the government

hence the saying ''one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter''

In wars both sides call each other 'terrorists'

In online arguments each side calls each other 'trolls'

But when you cut away all the bullshit there is either truth or lies

The difference between a terrorist and a troll is that the terrorist actually cares about something. Trolls don't care except to fuck with you.

The difference between a terrorist and a troll is that the terrorist actually cares about something. Trolls don't care except to fuck with you.

Well that would be a legitimate 'troll' but they're just bitter, small-minded people

The other type is the government troll, as we discussed recently in another thread, who is on the payroll of the government or corporations to try and disrupt online discourse

But even the small-minded bitter and twisted genuine troll is still damaging to the internet because the government will use them as an excuse to take away freedoms from the rest of us

So the government will say: ''the horrible threats being made online by 'trolls' are not acceptable and will not be tolerated. We must step in and control the internet''

if no trolls are making threats then the government will pay its agents to go online and behave like trolls (false flag) so that they can then point their finger at the internet (which is basically a gathering place for the public where people from around the world can meet and talk and have a meeting of minds) so that they can justify the controls that they want to put in place

If you look at my posts dating back here years you will see i predicted that they would try and control the internet and then after i said that they brought out a raft of legislation such as PIPA, ACTA, SOPA etc

Just as i said they would do that then, i am saying that all this new 'troll' talk and publishing of celebrity nude pictures and 'gamergate' and so on is all being hyped by the corporate media to be used as an excuse to suppress freedom of speech online

This is our window of opportunity to get information out to as many people as possible about what is going on in the world because the control freaks are now taking aim at the internet

Last edited:
Trolling is a method. It isn't evil or good in itself, kind of like murder and orange juice.

Like with drinking orange juice and murder, however, there is probably a disproportionate amount of evul people engaging in it compared to the percentage of people in the general population who are evul.

Trolling is a motive, not a method.

Edit:
Or basically it is possible for two people to do the same thing and one of them is a troll while the other is an ordinary ass. The difference is motive.

Whether your assertions are true, the difference doesn't matter. What does matter is his point - that both terms can be abused as they have loose definitions.

Whether your assertions are true, the difference doesn't matter. What does matter is his point - that both terms can be abused as they have loose definitions.

I made them more strict. Problem?

Also muir can tell me his point if he wants to. He doesn't need you.

Last edited:
I think all types are prone to trolling. The real question to ask is when types troll, how do they troll? Because there are different methods for each type. I don't want to generalize, but from my experience here are some different methods each type tends to fall into:

INFJs are the social experiments of trolling. INFJs find it amusing to troll people in a way that will test how people will react under certain circumstances and they get their pleasure and laughter out of seeing their "traps" work. They will often set up deliberate situations with pre-determined ways as to how people should react, and their amusement comes from when people react the way that they predicted they would and "confirm" their predictions. INFJs also tend to get upset if their trolling backfires and people react in ways that are contrary to what they had anticipated, this can often make trolling unenjoyable.

NP types, most of them, troll via seeing if they can get someone to react to something. NP's typically don't have a specific way they think the person should react- ANY reaction at all is good enough for them, the fun is seeing if they can get people to respond. With ENP's, they prefer to do their trolling in real life, and they also tend to troll strangers and large groups of people. with INP's they tend to want to troll either on the internet or someone they know really well. The idea of trolling a complete stranger just isn't appealing to an INP.

SJ types are all about seeing if they can get someone to do something. This is very similar to the INFJ, but different because the INFJ is speculating about what they think the person is going to do. SJ's don't speculate as much- they live in the moment and are more keen on seeing what actually happens, much like a NP, but they are different because their fun of the trolling is to see if they can influence someone to behave/do/perform in a certain way, whereas N's , both NP's and NJ's, are more concerned with seeing if someone will simply react, and no action is required to satisfy their trolling.

So in terms of online trolling more often you're going to see IN types trolling, because they are most comfortable trolling online than in person, and they are more desiring reactions from people rather trying to get someone to "do" something or "get into action" because of it.

I think all types are prone to trolling. The real question to ask is when types troll, how do they troll? Because there are different methods for each type. I don't want to generalize, but from my experience here are some different methods each type tends to fall into:

INFJs are the social experiments of trolling. INFJs find it amusing to troll people in a way that will test how people will react under certain circumstances and they get their pleasure and laughter out of seeing their "traps" work. They will often set up deliberate situations with pre-determined ways as to how people should react, and their amusement comes from when people react the way that they predicted they would and "confirm" their predictions. INFJs also tend to get upset if their trolling backfires and people react in ways that are contrary to what they had anticipated, this can often make trolling unenjoyable.

I can't see INFJ's trolling for laughs

I can see INFJ's trying to get people to see things from different perspectives

But then one persons troll is another persons freedom fighter

I can't see INFJ's trolling for laughs

I can see INFJ's trying to get people to see things from different perspectives

But then one persons troll is another persons freedom fighter

Well, I can tell you that INFJs do troll for laughs :p My mom, who is an INFJ, loves to mind fuck people by pretending to be different people and saying different things, social experiments so to speak, and her goal is to "trap" someone in a way, I don't know how to describe it better. But she does laugh and get a kick out of it when people end up doing what she thought they would do, she does do it for laughs for sure. Like my mom one time got a cup with my dad's name on it and decided that when we gave it to him we should pretend we got it from the goodwill to freak him out and say we bought it because it was weird to see a cup with his name on it, and she was wanting to "Freak" him out and make him think like an ex girlfriend or something left it there. Well, when we did go in and tell him he was like "....What the fuck? I've never seen this cup before in my life!" And then we told him we was joking and my mom was amused because he did indeed think that a girlfriend or something donated it to the goodwill initially. So INFJs do in fact troll/prank people for fun.