Intellectual Maturity? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Intellectual Maturity?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16771
  • Start date
be-bestbe-beast.jpg

I Stole @Pin's boner for Ivanka

The only place people are “intellectually mature” or fair is during structured debates where other people are judging them.

Or if they’re in a close relationship I suppose. And even then it’s going to be hard.

It doesn’t exist outside of that because people rarely have any motivation to be either intellectual or fair. Do you know what a Pyrrhic victory is? If someone is actually actively trying to be intellectual, they are probably not mature. It’s almost like an oxymoron.

This actually provides an excellent, albeit indirect, formal definition of intellectual maturity.

Intellectual maturity = (above post)*(-1)

Being called immature or pretty much anything negative anyone wants to call you, is nothing short of them devaluing you as a means to promote themselves. Getting lost in that forest of rules just makes you prey to the imaginary beasts you give power to.
Yes because the truly mature would leave the immature as they are unless a greater and most needed good was to be gained in schooling the immature.

And they still won't use the word immature directly to refer to a person.

Being called immature or pretty much anything negative anyone wants to call you, is nothing short of them devaluing you as a means to promote themselves. Getting lost in that forest of rules just makes you prey to the imaginary beasts you give power to.
Inflating you positively could also be a form of egoic manipulation or narcissistic masochism too by this logic. Obviously it depends. Sometimes calling a spade a spade is just calling a spade a spade.

Just to toss in my two cents: maturity simply means knowing what and how to prioritize in a given context in order to achieve some goal (win an argument, influence someone, complete a task, etc.) and smoothly aligning with those principles with minimum interference from the ego.