Inteligence/IQ Differences in Relationships | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Inteligence/IQ Differences in Relationships

I think it's often the case we conflate the rest of someone's distasteful personality with their intelligence if they happen to be unintelligent (or whatever attribute you don't identify as). One could just as well be unintelligent and likable.

I think it's often the case we conflate the rest of someone's distasteful personality with their intelligence if they happen to be unintelligent (or whatever attribute you don't identify as). One could just as well be unintelligent and likable.
Yes. Nothing to say that a person's intelligence translates into them being liked. In fact to often they are not liked. When other people have beliefs or ideas and the intelligent person shows them how they ar e wrong, to often it's a case of kill the messenger.

You can't become me! I am the only me, stop copying.
Unfortunately, making mistakes in the little details is endemic to the majority of INTJs. It doesn't matter... it's better to give minutiae for people to quibble about, than for them to get frustrated about the absence of conceptual/strategic flaws and start making weird misrepresentations to quibble about.

In fact to often they are not liked. When other people have beliefs or ideas and the intelligent person shows them how they ar e wrong, to often it's a case of kill the messenger.
This is an understandable belief. People often identify with their strengths, and want others to recognize them on that merit. If we were to recognize the strengths of others, and try to relate on some common ground, we could be more likable. But it's more likely we try to show off our own strengths. What's the point in externalizing our beliefs anyway? Is it some sort of token of proof that our minds were skillful enough to construct it in the first place?

This is an understandable belief. People often identify with their strengths, and want others to recognize them on that merit. If we were to recognize the strengths of others, and try to relate on some common ground, we could be more likable. But it's more likely we try to show off our own strengths. What's the point in externalizing our beliefs anyway? Is it some sort of token of proof that our minds were skillful enough to construct it in the first place?
In my case it's to make things work better than they currently do.

Attributing disagreeable traits to a fundamental, functional, and unalterable capacity makes it easier to dismiss the person as being beyond reform. It's a lazy excuse for not trying to get past people's bullshit, to what's both interesting and dynamic in them.

Attributing disagreeable traits to a fundamental, functional, and unalterable capacity makes it easier to dismiss the person as being beyond reform. It's a lazy excuse for not trying to get past people's bullshit, to what's both interesting and dynamic in them.
Though I wouldn't blame them. We do have a limited time on this earth, and while it might be a good investment to temper oneself through the friction of life's opposition, we don't always have the time.

In my case it's to make things work better than they currently do.
Why do we INTJs bother parading our insights? It's always frustrating when people interject.

Though I wouldn't blame them. We do have a limited time on this earth, and while it might be a good investment to temper oneself through the friction of life's opposition, we don't always have the time.
That's true... although, attributing disagreeable traits to certain bands of the intelligence spectrum, like all biases can unwittingly narrow the range of experiences one will ever encounter.

The fast insight of the highly intelligent often seems to forget profound insights because they are easy to work to. Slowly gained wisdom of the less gifted is often more accessible, because it is remembered and valued, and infuses their conscious activity. The stoic simpleton often has some very profound things to say. Unfortunately, prepackaged TV opinions have kind of ruined the simple as a source of wisdom in our culture: they just absorb Dr Phil, instead of finding what is real through years of trial and error.

You have a right to however you feel. Take care.

That was an answer to a question I didn't ask...

Ha. I really like you, but I know my Ti 8ness has probably been grating on you.

Lighten up. :relaxed:

Reactions: Gust
Reactions: Gaze and Free
Can we get back to the topic now?

151024103153-train-derailment-texas-flood-newday-00000000-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc