INFJ's how do you feel about going to concerts? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's how do you feel about going to concerts?

I think part of what is described by everyone here is whether or not we can drown ourselves in the enthusiasm of the place.

I personally have never been to concert; the idea scared me.

but I know there are times when I lost myself in the excitement, the thrill, the atmosphere of the event or the group, and I ended up losing my nervousness and enjoyed it-- for better or worse.

So aside from what [MENTION=11771]Dave Fallon[/MENTION] had said, I think other factors will also influence whether or not we can enjoy ourselves there....

....Or, well, whether we can flinch and grimace and wince and squirm and OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE DOING WHY AM I HERE MY HOME MY HOME I MISS YOU

Reactions: phoenixrisen
Gone to one concert. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Now I know how not to. By not going.

If I really wanted to, I could probably blend in by sitting at the bar. Hrrm. Couldn't blend in out in the center because I'm the only one standing up straight. Hrrm. If it is a classical concert, I'd probably blend in more.

Last edited:
Reactions: phoenixrisen
I don't particularly like festivals- I have been been to 2 (and one small one) and I really didn't like them! D:

I don't mind concerts, I have been to a couple of them, but I prefer them to be in a small venue :D

Regarding all concerts - If you give me prior notice and it's (either my idea or) just a really good band whom I like. I'm not opposed to it. But I'll probably grex and gripe about having to go (internally) about a day or so beforehand because it means that I have to be sociable. But I'll be fine. It'll be good. I miss seeing Switchfoot in concert every year... Some true fan I am. Last concert I went to was a Mat Kearney show on a college campus in Pitt. I shaved mah face so I fit right in. LOL

I do love concerts, usually I go to clubs so the crowd is never more than 300 - 400 and beer helps me cope with that.

I go every few months, and yes I do mosh! I love love metal, and always have to be right up front.
I've played in many bands over the years so it feels like home to me.

Reactions: Gaze
Since I don't like spending money on myself, I've mostly gone to small, free outdoor concerts where local bands play. I took my sister to see one of her favorite indie bands this past summer. They're fairly well known in my area and get a lot of radioplay on the Indie station. The only people who showed up were serious, dedicated fans who were just transfixed by the music. The lead singer taught a kid in the front row a couple of chords during a sound check, and the band just casually talked to everyone in the audience at the end. It's the same with small-town Jazz festivals I've been to. I guess I like the intimate feel of those kinds of concerts- where the audience is really attentive and the artist or band is treated like a human being. I'm into mellow music too, so loud concerts would be tiring. Could be fun, though if it was the right kind of music.

I LOVE catching shows, but I need to be with one or two close friends to "ground me", otherwise I get overwhelmed by the crowds.

Concerts are fun but they aren't my most favorite type of event to attend. I'd rather go see a comedian tell jokes.

Since I don't like spending money on myself, I've mostly gone to small, free outdoor concerts where local bands play. I took my sister to see one of her favorite indie bands this past summer. They're fairly well known in my area and get a lot of radioplay on the Indie station. The only people who showed up were serious, dedicated fans who were just transfixed by the music. The lead singer taught a kid in the front row a couple of chords during a sound check, and the band just casually talked to everyone in the audience at the end. It's the same with small-town Jazz festivals I've been to. I guess I like the intimate feel of those kinds of concerts- where the audience is really attentive and the artist or band is treated like a human being. I'm into mellow music too, so loud concerts would be tiring. Could be fun, though if it was the right kind of music.

This is the kind of experience I'm hoping for if I go to a concert. Not a fan of crowds, but there's something about being anonymous in large crowds. But I'd rather small crowds, and just enjoy swaying to the music without being jam packed against someone :D. It's cool to have that intimate personal experience with the performers. Most of the time, at least in my area, concerts are expensive and cheapest are in nose bleed seats. It would be great to see a jazz or classical 50s, 60s music band. I wanted to see the Jersey Boys at one time, but never got to. Maybe I'll keep that or something similar on my bucket list.

Reactions: Jonathan
I personally love concerts and the atmosphere of it. I get goosebumps when the whole crowd sings along to a song.
I don't mind large crowds either- I once attended a concert with a crowd of 20,000 people. If I could go back in time, I would also attend Michael Jackson's Wembley concerts.

I liked going to concerts when I was younger but I lost touch with current music due to study and lots of life events. I would rather see opera or ballet. I find tickets to all these kinds of events to be unaffordable and prefer to watch dvds, tv, and the streaming service. I don't have a problem with crowds exactly but I don't like them either, and I love the comforts and conveniences of home.

I've... never been to a concert. I suspect it would be okay if the energy is right (as has been said before), but otherwise, I don't imagine I'd want to stay there for more than a few minutes.

That said, I should probably try it at least once. Maybe.

I love live music - it's kind of like the difference between live theatre and watching a movie on the screen. Both are great, but with real people in front of you, it's funnier when there are ad libs/little mistakes that the performers laugh off, and there's this connection you feel with the stage and the audience that I love

Not an INFJ but typically a pretty extreme introvert, yet I love concerts. I've found that I dread the crowd and all that bs until I'm actually at the venue and the show is ready to begin. Once the band(s) come onstage I'm fine. Mostly ignore the crowd and focus on the vibe and atmosphere of the music, and the energy, enthusiasm and technical wizardry of the performances.

Old thread, but anyway: I love them and wish I could see them. (Lacuna Coil)

I missed out on a chance to see them (with Epica) earlier this week. :disappointed: Had to work so couldn't make the trip.

I'm married to a musician, so spent a large part of my life going to shows, sometimes every day of the week, or two a day.
I don't go to arena shows or festivals often. I've caught some huge acts at club shows, though, and even in bars.
I'm burned out. it makes my skin crawl a little now thinking about being with that many drunk people. It's the best way to socialize. You talk a little between sets, say hello to everyone, and then it is too loud to talk, so you get to be in your own world, absorbing the music. Plus, music is good therapy.