(INFJs & Harmony) Really? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

(INFJs & Harmony) Really?

Sumone, how often do you see this among people (not their vocal chords?) Maybe in utopia.

I know this was addressed to sumone, but I'd like to answer from my perspective. I see this among people as often as I choose to perceive it's presence.

In most environments, even creative ones, most people are expected to adopt the same values as the guy next to them.

Most people cannot change who they are even if they try to adapt and so the sounds inevitably become the sounds of a choir of unique voices blending together. Perhaps sometimes in perceived cacophony and sometimes in harmony, but always unique.

I find most people would never notice truly understand my perspective because they are smack dab in the center. If you're in the center how can you see with the same eye as some one standing outside the perimeter?

I do not believe generally you can see with anything other than your own perspective. I do believe one can choose to widen perspective to encompass more area or move their center closer to another they want to understand better, but I would not expect anyone else would be able to see the world precisely as I would see it.

Harmony is things being as they should be, living up to their potential with a minimum amount of friction involved.

It's not getting along for the sake of avoiding conflict, because that means someone will be giving more of themselves than truly comfortable which means it's not harmonious at all.

Semantics at play here, if you ask me.

I prefer harmony with those I'm not close to, because conflict with strangers exhausts me pointlessly.

I desire harmnony with my loved ones to the point that it doesn't conflict with my propensity for predicting how current behavior will cause future relational problems. Once those two traits are at odds, facing the conflict wins every time, and I'm in the discussion till the very end.

Another exception is people who mess with my babies. My idealism and protectiveness as a parent is powerful juju, man. I'll take your head off if you mess with them. :m088:

Harmony is things being as they should be, living up to their potential with a minimum amount of friction involved.

It's not getting along for the sake of avoiding conflict, because that means someone will be giving more of themselves than truly comfortable which means it's not harmonious at all.

Semantics at play here, if you ask me.

No, no, not all semantics! A very good point, that.