infjs generally know more about themselves than any other type | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

infjs generally know more about themselves than any other type

Or maybe we know the most of ourselves because as we've grown we all understood that there were things about ourselves that didn't seem to fit in.

So because we don't know better we think we are 'weird' or that 'something is wrong' with us because we can't be like the mainstream without causing ourselves discomfort.

Then all of a sudden we are introduced to Meyers Briggs, we find our type...we learn about our type and the lights come on!

Holy Sheet! We REALLY are normal! And we are uncommon....which is why we all seem to be alone in our little universes.

Don't know bout any of ya'll. Reading about INFj's really brought me to peace with somethings about myself. I understand myself better.

I can super relate to this, have my spent my life feeling different and knowing all the differences but thought it was just me untill i found that test today and already feel better about things

i dont know anything about the other types so i cant comment on that but nothing i red today about my type came as a supprise as i already knew what i was like as i analyze everything, it was just was nice to know i wasnt alone and it could be catorgarised so to speak

Honestly, I don't think we're the most "self-aware" type. INFPs take that title. Fi does help. We don't have Fi.

I know a lot about myself only because I treat myself like a patient. I try to "diagnose" myself. Usually, when I'm sad, I don't know I'm sad or why I'm sad. I go through the motions of being sad--I learn to recognize what those "symptoms" for sadness are: eating junk food, irritability, over-reacting, etc. and then I try to correct/soothe my sadness. I write in a journal to better help me pinpoint what my emotions are. After reflecting on what I wrote I am able to go, "AHA! All of these things I'm writing about, it sounds like I'm depressed."

Now, not all emotions are like this. Sometimes I know what and how I'm feeling/doing right off the bat...like anger, for example.

Through these documentations in my head/journal about myself: the patient, I apply it to other people. I'm a lot better about x-raying other people with my Ni than I am about myself. Whereas, for INFPs it's the opposite. They know all about themselves and must document other people outside of themselves as the "patients." Reading others for me is much much easier.

what you said!
I'm like that too 99.99 %.
the diff is that I talk to my close friends and watch closely what i say, but I dont control it. It helps me see what I really feel inside that I didnt realise but my friends managed to pull out of me. I do blog a little when I get stressed by not knowing what on earth I am feeling too though ;)

I agree with all of this. However, just because you are an INFJ doesn't mean you don't have Fi. Fi is my second highest function. (Ni > Fi > Ti > Fe > Ne > Te > Si > Se for me.)

What is most important is what feels most natural to you, if the infj primary processes don't feel the most comfortable to you then perhaps you should reconsider your type.

INFJ's probably know more about their type because they're probably wondering why their so different *shrugs* so they look it up. They want answers, they want to know because they usually like mysteries...and well...yeah...

I think it's our introvert nature and our tendency to be overly analytical. This combined leaves us attempting to dissect every little thing we do and think. :m083:

have you guys read on some sites that Jesus was an infj? what do you think of that?
I read that, too, somewhere. I could believe it when looking into the thread showing which superpowers we would like to have.

That's because we are special. And we know how to communicate with our own kind. We see value in all things where others just see. Or do they? I see being an infj as a split personality at times I am hot like magma one one day and cold as ice the other. Being an infj can be a curse and a blessing. I would rather be who I am than be someone else.

I agree with this statement! That's why I'm SO glad I found this forum, it's great to hear from how other INJF's view the world and their personalities.

infjs generally know more about themselves than any

I think....INFJ obsess a bit more about it than most types...shoot, I'm more into self-searching than almost all of my friends are. They remind me of that whenever I start to talk about it :B
But I guess what it boils down to is that we sometimes feel "different"...I know that was what it was for me.

However, the idea that INFJs know more as a rule is a bit of a strong generalization. I think we might be quicker to look, but I don't think that there's any real strength to that argument.

Agree. Obsess is the operative word here.