[INFJ] - infjs confuse the hell out of me! | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infjs confuse the hell out of me!

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by chad, Apr 2, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 21 users.
More threads by chad
  1. Bas

Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

Do I have any emotion on the inside? Great question, let me know if you figure that one out--not sure myself. I presume yes, but hard to say.

I do cry in movies sometimes.

John K, Wyote, Hostarius and 2 others like this.
  2. Noona

Noona ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    ?
    Warm on the outside and cold on the inside..... Well..... That's kinda difficult.

In my opinion INFJs aren't really warm or cold. We feel emotions, we can feel others emotions, but we kinda analyze them on our subconscious. I subconsciously Focus more not on the emotion itself but on why I feel that way or why someone is feeling that. Mmmh..... For me it is trying to understand others and helping others so from the outside I'm warm and kind and a "good person" but inside I'm just analyzing the emotion and the situation forgetting the emotion itself; I spent lot of my life trying to help others in every possible way Neglecting my feelings. This way on acting may can makes others see me as warm Initially but when they know me, they can see how cold and rigid I can be in examining a given situation without taking into the emotional sphere and that scares lot of people.

However I can feel emotion in a very deeply way loosing control of them, crying for movies or especially for songs. They aren't only sad, even for joyfull songs and well end movies, you are asking yourself why......... Well.... Cause the emotion are just too strong.

I hope I've been pretty clear T_T translating into English often makes the miss of some of the real message.

Bas, John K, Maikl Jexocuha and 4 others like this.
  3. Maikl Jexocuha

Maikl Jexocuha Ла Фагмакфа!
    On Holiday

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Type 4w5
    Yeah this is pretty accurate. It's like being a cold/indifferent "mind-probe" with a "soft/warm" outercloak, as opposed to an INTJ "mind-probe" with a "hard/cold" outershell. I think INFJs are just as cold("cold" is not the best word, I say "indifferent") if not more "indifferent" than INTJ counter parts. Remember, INTJs have a conscious Fi-tertiary function. Fi-tertiary is all about personal values and standing up for what is "moral" and "right". Your tertiary function reveals how you "think", like how you justify decisions. INFJs start off with Fe as first approach to decision-making because its the most natural and easiest way to make decisions and handle conflict(since they are an Ni-dom with a strong Fi-id subconscious), but how do we justify our decisions at the end of the day - icy-cold Ti truth and logic. All of this, of course is meant to support the "dominant-Ni" (mind-probe), which is the "coldest/sharpest" perceiving function - so yeah ---- INFJs keep it warm and formal on the outside, but cold/sharp on the inside. Think "focused monk" or "warm/buzzing alien-mindprobe"...lol

Some would argue Star Trek's Data is an INTP, Im leaning toward INFJ. Spock was INTP. Data was more involved in feeling values and harmony than Spock who cared about accurate protocols and rules:
    Data,_2366.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #63 Maikl Jexocuha, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  4. Daustus

Daustus Friend to Ron's

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I enjoyed this post. warm shell with cold internal logic feels accurate. I have always felt a close bond to Data too.

Sandie33 and Maikl Jexocuha like this.
  5. Noona

Noona ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    ?
    I've never see Star Trek but I like the way you explained it:blush:

6. Anne Le

Anne Le Lucky

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Dont worried. You are not the only one. Me too. :blush::wink:

Sandie33 likes this.
  7. Paulita7

Paulita7 Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    NA
    We have a lot of emotions going on nevertheless we don't let " the world" to see that because that will makes us weak. I cry with movies yes and I am warm to those that are worth my time.the rest can perish lol.im very observant of people in general

8. QuietBrave

QuietBrave Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    Warm on the outside and cold on the inside is a great way to put it. I actually get colder the more you get to know me - which is obviously confusing to people, but is actually me showing more of my "inside self". So, the more I like you, the less traditionally "warm" I am to you, and this chilliness is a sign of trust and depth of relationship. Lol.

9. origamipuzzleboxes

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    OMG, did I write this?

Seriously, vibrating at the same frequency at the: "3 settings. Most people get luke warm, polite, "nice" version of me and this means I recognize you as a fellow human being. People I like get a very warm, funny, weird, extremely open friend that always helps out and follows thru. I'm caring, supportive and disarmingly honest. People I dislike get a civil, robotic experience. I don't smile at you, I don't ask you personal questions, and I probably avoid contact with you."

I will also cry at the drop of a hat in most movies I like. But then I like movies that elicit strong emotional reactions. (Like are there people who don't cry at Grave of the Fireflies or The Constant Gardener or The Killing Fields?)

You know, Rogue is a good comparison for that mirror neuron superpower! Thank you for that metaphor! May I use it to describe the ability?

I tend to be cold towards myself and my own emotions. Like I can be sobbing in reaction to someone yelling at me but I will be watching myself like "must you? must you really?" and also impatiently waiting for my brain to finish whatever emotion it just released so I can get back to doing what I was doing. However, this clinicalness is just aimed towards me and rarely at the outside world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Daustus and Sandie33 like this.
  10. Daustus

Daustus Friend to Ron's

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I'm always glad to see someone identifies with something I write. Welcome to the forum! Go ahead and use the rogue metaphor at will.

Relate to this. I don't always like externalizing or burdening others with my strong emotional reactions. I remember once sobbing and holding up a a "please wait" finger and rode it out and composed myself and continued on. It was really weird for the other person because it was at work.

11. Panfan

Panfan Newbie

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    This is interesting topic.. tbh I also get confused with myself too lol

It’s easier for me to “think” what I’m feeling, rather than actually “feeling” it. Sometimes I don’t know if I’m angry or sad until I actually snapped to people.. then I’m just “Oh, actually I’m upset now”

As for crying, it’s quite rare.. Most of the time, I only get to teary eyes.. But when I cry, it’ll be quite intense ;)

Maikl Jexocuha and Sandie33 like this.