INFJs and Marriage | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and Marriage

IINFJs and marital dissatisfaction

• I have or have had marital dissatisfaction

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • I don't have and have not really experienced marital dissatisfaction.

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
The difficulty for me in choosing between only the two options came as a result of my connotation for the word dissatisfied. Of course it makes sense to use that terminology as it is directly quoted from the source of this supposition. If I approach this instead asking the question in regard to fulfillment, it is much easier to answer. There really are only two answers. You are either fulfilled by your marriage or not. I am, and always have been, even when dissatisfied or even extremely pissed off.

Reactions: Norton
I am very satisified in my marriage so far, I'll let you know if things change in the next 10 years.

I have however had some very unhappy relationships. I think that I'm the sort of girl who knows very clearly what she wants and can get hurt easily whne what I want isn't what the other wants. I think INFJs get hurt easily, and so perhaps relationships in general are a bit harder for us. I can't be in a relationship with no communication, I don't like distance from my partner and I talk about my feelings a lot, and it can cause arguments.

Galileo, me too.
Recently, I've noticed that I experience almost a sort of self-delusion. I enjoy the things that I like so much (I really appreciate small things in everyday life) that I feel offended and isolated when I discover that others don't appreciate the same things I do.

Also, having dreams that others don't share can be hurtful. Even if the dreams are unbased and ridiculous.

So, I am curious, now that you are married, how did you end up balancing these concerns? How does your husband fit into this?

My marriage was/is highly disastrous, and I'm contemplating whether or not I really want to risk embarking on another in the future.