INFJs and INFJs

vividprodigy

Jul 23, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4 sx/sp/so
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but I've gone back pretty far on this board, and I haven't seen anything on INFJs and dating someone who shares their type.

I'm going on a first date with another INFJ tomorrow. I actually don't know anyone else IRL who shares my type, so I don't really know how I interact with other INFJs.

I guess my question is: have any of the INFJs dated someone with their own type preferences? What is it like? What kinds of things should I expect?

Nellie

Can't say that I have...but my advice is be yourself and if its meant to be then magic will happen.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but I've gone back pretty far on this board, and I haven't seen anything on INFJs and dating someone who shares their type.

I'm going on a first date with another INFJ tomorrow. I actually don't know anyone else IRL who shares my type, so I don't really know how I interact with other INFJs.

I guess my question is: have any of the INFJs dated someone with their own type preferences? What is it like? What kinds of things should I expect?

Nellie

That should be an interesting date to say the least, if one of you actually starts the talking, otherwise it can go downhill from there. I've never dated another INFJ, but I have an INFJ friend, so it might be the same deal.

If you don't mind,tell us how did it go for you afterwards, I'm curious how this would workout. Good luck

It usually just works. Just be yourself and be interested in them. They'll pick up on it, and the magic will most likely happen. And remember, there is no other type who can 'get you' the 'real you' more than an INFJ, so just be yourself. Should go pretty well.

I have know too few INFJ's (and never dated one) to really say. But I think it could be a great match if you can both be open and communicative. I see you are 23 and I will assume your date is similar in age. We really don't start getting open and what would be anything close to outgoing until our 30's, so try to keep the conversation going and you all should be fine. I find my fellow INFJ's most fascinating and I'm sure you will too.

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rkNGoodrrA"]YouTube- Singstar MGMT - Electric Feel[/ame]

these two INFJs found each other via youtube posts (about INFJs) and are now married. Is very romantic, a romance that crossed continents in white crocs no less. :) So, I say go for it, be honest, be you; if you're (insert emotion here) just go ahead and admit it and break the tension.

peace,

Sean

Last edited:
these two INFJs found each other via youtube posts (about INFJs) and are now married.

This is so adorabe.
*wipes tears*

Anyway, after what I have read on this forum, INFJ+INFJ is often an extremely good match.

these two INFJs found each other via youtube posts (about INFJs) and are now married.
I LOVE this-so adorb that it made me almost cry! I have always wondered about INFJs in a relationship and whether it would work. Good luck to you and let us know if it works out!

these two INFJs found each other via youtube posts (about INFJs) and are now married. Is very romantic, a romance that crossed continents in white crocs no less. :) So, I say go for it, be honest, be you; if you're (insert emotion here) just go ahead and admit it and break the tension.

peace,

Sean

Oh my god I watched the INFJ videos from these two ages ago! They are a couple now? That is awesome!

And.. My girlfriend is an INFJ and I met her on here :D

I too believe that INFJ pairing can be extremely good.

However the biggest pitfall is that both share the same weaknesses and can easily start blaming each other for them. A simple misunderstanding can lead to a self-amplifying cycle and derail everything. Thus both people have to be psychologically mature to stop this from happening. It is not so threatening when you date a different type because then it is easier to compensate the shortcomings.

So far I've had three romantic interests with other INFJs - two of them ended badly for the aforementioned reasons. The third one was an absolute delight :)

these two INFJs found each other via youtube posts (about INFJs)

Haha, I just started watching the Youtube INFJs last week. I recognize those two! Very cute couple. Isn't he Aussie?

Also, I freakin' LOVE this song. <3

So, this post is for everyone who wanted an update. We wound up spending the weekend together. Needless to say, it went well. I'll post more later, after I've sifted through it all in my head.

Thanks to everyone for the input.

INFJ + INFJ = mind sex... best way I can put it. You don't penetrate each others bodies you penetrate each others psyches. Its intense. Had this one time and let it go, was very regretful over it.

To add on to what Billy said-

INFJ relationships can be good but they can also be intense, and initially that shouldn't be a problem, but down the road, the relationship is at risk of becoming too intense for one or both of the partners to handle and it ends. If the date goes well and you keep seeing each other and get together, be careful not to become one of those couples that cuts themselves off from everyone/thing and goes into their own little world.

It isn't that big of a concern, but it is the main potential downfall I see of what otherwise has great potential.

To add on to what Billy said-

INFJ relationships can be good but they can also be intense, and initially that shouldn't be a problem, but down the road, the relationship is at risk of becoming too intense for one or both of the partners to handle and it ends. If the date goes well and you keep seeing each other and get together, be careful not to become one of those couples that cuts themselves off from everyone/thing and goes into their own little world.

It isn't that big of a concern, but it is the main potential downfall I see of what otherwise has great potential.

Yup thats why I typically preferred dating extroverts at some points. Right now I am with an ENFJ and its awesome, like the same chemistry just ab out as an INFJ but she has so much energy she brings me out to all these new places and meet all these new people. Cloistering off with another introvert is usually bad.

I'd like to date an INFJ once, just to see what it's like. I love picking apart who another person is and how they think; it'd be interesting to have someone doing it back to me for once.

So, I guess I'm the "other" INFJ in this thread.

I'll just say that Vivid's feelings are mutual. What struck me most, in an objective sense, is simply how immediately and naturally comfortably we were spending time together.

I really dont understand all your concerns about INFJ plus INFJ, all the other pairings have so many more pitfalls! My best friend is an ENFJ with a very low E and its pure awesomeness!

Best of luck to you then. I've never dated another INFJ.