INFJ vs. ENFP | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ vs. ENFP

When INFJs and ENFPs interact, there is often a mutual curiosity and admiration. However, once the two types get to know one another, their exact opposite approach to cognitive function tends to rapidly turn into a constant case of "you're doing it wrong".

INFJ
s have a great deal of trouble with the ENFPs barrage of emotional expression, lack of focus, and insistance on selfish behavior by talking over everyone with an obnoxious barrage of superfluous unrelated tangents, willing to make everyone else miserable if they don't get their own way.

ENFP
s have a great deal of trouble with the INFJs stoic judgmentalness, lack of acceptance, and constant ability to make them feel unappreciated by knowing exactly what to say or do to take all of the value out of what they are doing, like a sniper constantly waiting for the perfect shot.

Normally, it won't take long for the INFJ and ENFP personalities to realize they work best if they keep their distance from one another.

If the contentiousness gets very strong between these two types due to being 'forced' to interact because of mutual friends or family, the ENFP will use their social circles and social events to convince everyone they care about to ostracize the INFJ by making the INFJ appear to be a villain for all their baseless and hurtful attacks. The INFJ will take great offense at any accusations of wrong doing when attempting to correct bad behavior for the benefit of everyone else, and will quickly vilify not only the ENFP, but everyone that took their side in the conflict for not being willing to stand up for what is right. The injustice of this action is as hurtful to the INFJ as their attempts at correction were to the ENFP. Neither type will be very willing to forgive and forget because the wounds they can inflict on one another hit such critical areas, and appeared so deliberate. The end result will be a polarization of the groups that tied the INFJ and ENFP together. Friendships and even marriages have ended over the classic feud between INFJs and ENFPs inability to accept each other's strengths as benefits rather than hindrances.

Wow. You just completely summarized the relationship I had with my ENFP ex-girlfriend.

I was baffled at how we were such close friends but couldn't make a romantic relationship last for more than a month. I feel I emotionally invested myself way too much in the relationship and it hurt terribly when it ended. It still hurts now. She was my best friend and now we don't even speak to each other... It's really quite sad.