INFJ Mixed Signals | INFJ Forum

shygirl

Jan 5, 2017
MBTI
INFP
Hey everyone
Lately, I've been getting a lot of mixed signals from an INFJ guy friend of mine. I thought maybe he liked me because he gets very protective over me in particular, he lightly teases me sometimes, I catch him looking at me often and then he looks away when I catch him, he often sits near me and sort of "hovers" near me in group settings. He initiated just the two of us hanging out a couple of times, he called me beautiful (which I've never heard him call any of our other friends before - we share the same group of close friends) and often seems very nervous around me. He has also hinted several times that he wants a girlfriend & often mirrors my movements when we're together (which I'm told is a body language sign or something.)

However, he never texts me first (he's not big on texting & social media, but still) he sometimes completely avoids eye contact with me - he'll look at everyone else in the room when he's talking but intentionally skips making eye contact with me, he typically gets extremely quiet when its just the two of us together & acts kind of awkward. What do you guys think? Sorry for the long post, but I figured the more info I could provide the more you guys might be able to help me figure him out. Thanks!

Reactions: Sandie33
It sounds like he likes you, but is just too scared to do anything about it. But you're here to acquire some assurance of what he feels. Do either of you want anything really?

He's hinted several times lately about wanting a girlfriend, but he still hasn't asked anyone out. I would also like to be in a relationship

Reactions: invisible
It definitely sounds like he likes you but is nervous about the whole thing. Considering he is an INFJ and isn't big on social media, I don't think it is a mixed signal that he doesn't text you first. INFJs aren't big on initiation.

This may seem like an odd question, but, do you like him? :wink:
Your entire post was about him maybe liking you..but..I couldn't help but notice you never mentioned having feelings for him.

Maybe i'm just being over-analytic but now i'm uber curious to know: what do you love about him? :grinning:

---------------------
Edit: My answer about your question is the exact same as everyone else. I just thought i'd extend the subject a little :hearteyes:

Reactions: invisible
This may seem like an odd question, but, do you like him? :wink:
Your entire post was about him maybe liking you..but..I couldn't help but notice you never mentioned having feelings for him.

Maybe i'm just being over-analytic but now i'm uber curious to know: what do you love about him? :grinning:

---------------------
Edit: My answer about your question is the exact same as everyone else. I just thought i'd extend the subject a little :hearteyes:

You're right haha. Yes, I've liked him for a while now. Your question is kind of hard to answer because I basically like everything about him; hes kind & very intelligent, musically gifted & creative. We have a lot in common. :)

Hey everyone
Lately, I've been getting a lot of mixed signals from an INFJ guy friend of mine. I thought maybe he liked me because he gets very protective over me in particular, he lightly teases me sometimes, I catch him looking at me often and then he looks away when I catch him, he often sits near me and sort of "hovers" near me in group settings. He initiated just the two of us hanging out a couple of times, he called me beautiful (which I've never heard him call any of our other friends before - we share the same group of close friends) and often seems very nervous around me. He has also hinted several times that he wants a girlfriend & often mirrors my movements when we're together (which I'm told is a body language sign or something.)

However, he never texts me first (he's not big on texting & social media, but still) he sometimes completely avoids eye contact with me - he'll look at everyone else in the room when he's talking but intentionally skips making eye contact with me, he typically gets extremely quiet when its just the two of us together & acts kind of awkward. What do you guys think? Sorry for the long post, but I figured the more info I could provide the more you guys might be able to help me figure him out. Thanks!
As an INFJ the signs are there.